Photo

Wildfire Valve Repair

2 replies to this topic

#1 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 07:40 PM

My friend and I were taking out the pegs to his wildfire and somehow broke the automatic valve :P . The yellow part won't stay attached to the white part with the white rubber ring. Does anyone know how to open up the valve to glue that thing back on?
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#2 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 07:49 PM

Choppy choppy, gluey gluey.

...More specifically, you can cut it towards the very back, at the thicker base. Use those pipe cutters (Cut around the outside of the pipe) to make a cut all the way around the pipe, until you hit the endcap inside (due to colouring of the pieces, this will be hard). Then, with a little prying, you can get the main body of the valve off, and have some of the internal endcap to spare in order to facilitate a rebonding of the two pieces.

Given my shoddy explanation, though, I wouldn't hold me accountable for any damages incurred.

Oh, and I'll note that I did this successfully with a busted RF20 valve. Sadly, I didn't manage to fix whatever went wrong inside (at this point, I think it was spring wear), so it didn't quite work... But it held pressure fine. The problem was that it didn't hold closed at the front for long enough, before the connection with the barrel drum was made, and thus pretty much "sputtered."
But the disassembly and reconstruction went well enough, with copious Plumber's Goop.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#3 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 08:47 PM

I was hoping I could just get it open by taking out some screws, but this will have to do. I'm in a delema about whether I should ask my friend before I go cutting up his gun, but he did leave it with me and tell me to "fix it"... I'll get started soon. Thanx.
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users