Trajedy In Santa Monica

Truly a sad day...

5 replies to this topic

#1 ZATZAi

ZATZAi

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 04:23 PM

Today, just under an hour ago, in Santa Monica, CA...

...There was a trajedy.

A man in a car drove through the local Farmers Market on the Promenade, a place many residents including myself frequently daily. He injured many and killed several, there are firetrucks, ambulances and helicopters. It is trully awful, from what I understand he is now detained with the police.

I'm relieved to say that, after making a few phone calls, no one I know was hurt, but unfortunately many others were. And I still fear that someone I know was involved in that mess.

This is truly a sad day.

#2 mr box

mr box

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 04:33 PM

I drove by a nasty accident in Riverside the other day...a car was upside down on the sidewalk, another was totaled in the street...

Stuff like this makes you think....lives are ruined, every day. Bad shit.
"Oh and Box, you have quoted me incorrectly so fix your sig!"
~Spoon

#3 ZATZAi

ZATZAi

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:22 PM

I just got back from the Promenade. I just had to go down there, I had to see it to feel it. When things happen I feel it, but sometimes in a way, I also feel diconnected to it. This I just had to see, I needed to be there to know it was real.

I went down there, past the fire trucks and the police cruisers. Past a woman lying on the street with tear filled eyes telling her story to those who would listen. I saw it all, but I didn't connect, not until I saw the helicopters taking off and flying away not 500 feet from me, flying at an extremely low altitude.

As I headed back to work, the sky began to rain, and I saw the Los Angeles Sheriff's department finally arrive...

I realize some of you may think my saying this is silly, but it's just my way of dealing with it. I wasn't there, and I don't know anyone that was hurt, but it happened not 3 blocks from me, and infront of the eyes of friends of mine (That's how I found out). It still affected me, this is how I deal...

#4 David

David

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:56 PM

8 dead, 40 injured so far....

#5 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 07:35 PM

8 dead?? Jesus.