Nerf Maxforce Video Game

The origins of nerf arena blast?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Modnar

Modnar

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 04:45 PM

In 1995 Atari announced an upcoming Nerf Maxforce Video Game for the Atari Jaguar (and other consoles of the time). This game was never released, but years later Nerf arena blast hit the PC (also Atari made). NAB was half-full of "hi-tech" fictionalized "Nerf Blasters", whereas the "nerf maxforce" game was to have a full cast of 12 real nerf blasters (fairly well modelled by the looks of them).

Opinions? Thoughts? (The E3 '95 trailer on that link sort of incorporates one of the old maxforce commercials{Oh, the memories... :huh: } which is why I dug it up on google anyways) Just found the whole thing interesting...

#2 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 04:59 PM

Imagine how badass a Nerf game could potentially be now, with realistic player and gun models. That would be really cool. Shame we'll never see it.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#3 Modnar

Modnar

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 05:08 PM

Yeah, NAB was really dissappointing in the amount of fictional coolness and unrealism they jammed into all of the non-fictitious guns. That game made the Pulsator of all gawdforsaken things look like the best gun out there. That was downright WRONG. :huh:

#4 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 09:28 PM

Thats pretty awesome, wonder why they never made it.

Anyway i do think NAB was kind of a dissapointment, i mean it was very unrealistic let alone they only used like 5 real guns.

IF someone made a nerf game nowadays i think it would be sweet, or even a mod for it would be awesome.

#5 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 11:39 PM

What ever happened to Nerf Half-Life? Nerf Quake II? I think Nerf Quake II was made, wasn't it? I still wanna play Nerf loser... :huh:
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#6 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 02:32 AM

Anyone played that lame-ass [sounding] pc game where you have to shoot aliens [they sell it on ebay] its just a really old looking shitty NAB and i begin to wonder how they went wrong... two points:

i) if i was to invest in [download illigally or legaly if possible] NAB do servers still run that or what? probably not but i mite aswell ask!!!

ii) i send out a challenge to all you half life nerds out there to begin the NERF HALF LIFE PROJECT or pick up where it left off because its just so easy these days, change a gun model, change a guns firing sprites and sounds, edit the interface so we no its nerf and shit mate in one day you've got something half decent... i would but i only have a 32mb ram sh***y HP comp wiht about 2 gig memory :angry:
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#7 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 02:41 AM

2GB of memory? With a 32MB Video card ...Isn't that a little offset? Still runs Half-life fine enough, though.

Well, we attempted to start it up, but not enough of us knew about the core of mods: Coding and such. Easily note that I was one of those people. :angry:
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#8 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 03:07 AM

Yeah well i can understand that ... but every thing lives off the UT engine these days, and NAB ran off quake but half life seems to be the most modded of all....

yes Zero i believe you, now sit down here and take this liquid... :angry:

#9 lech

lech

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 07:16 AM

Uh, I think taits meant to say a HP with 32mb of RAM and a 2gb HDD.

Oh, and the alien shooting game is nerf pc blaster or something, and it comes with a lightgun :angry:.

#10 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 12:52 PM

Yeah well i can understand that ... but every thing lives off the UT engine these days, and NAB ran off quake but half life seems to be the most modded of all....

yes Zero i believe you, now sit down here and take this liquid... :D

NAB ran off the Unreal Engine. Its even says so on the back. See the red box that says "features"? Yeah.
I never knew about a Half-Life Nerf mod in the making. Hmmm... if someday I learn how to make mods, a Nerf one would be it. Heh... someday :angry:
NERF CITY
You're a dipshit, stop posting.
I'll let you know when you can start again.
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#11 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 03:20 PM

Nerf Quake was begun by Death years ago and, as per his usual custom apparantly, never finished. I created the website for the mod years ago. Last thing he did was have a pre-alpha without gun models and some preliminary shooting physics.

Honestly, I think any kind of Nerf computer game would be pretty ghey. It's more fun in person, and if I'm going to play a computer game, I'm going to play something more entertaining like Day of Defeat, Desert Combat, Tribes 2 or something.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#12 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 07:21 PM

Nerf Quake was begun by Death years ago and, as per his usual custom apparantly, never finished. I created the website for the mod years ago. Last thing he did was have a pre-alpha without gun models and some preliminary shooting physics.

Honestly, I think any kind of Nerf computer game would be pretty ghey. It's more fun in person, and if I'm going to play a computer game, I'm going to play something more entertaining like Day of Defeat, Desert Combat, Tribes 2 or something.

Perhaps, but I would really enjoy a game with projectiles limited by gravitational physics and speed constraints. It would add a nice detail to an otherwise static FPS experience. And at least there won't be anyone bitching about losers. :angry:
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#13 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 02:02 AM

Yeah i meant to say that lech, thanks for filling in 'cos my connection kicked me off before i could reply, aussie mind readers ehhh?

Anyway i dont actually own Full Version NAB i just have at least 100 demo discs all of which i have received FREE ;) and the NAB demo occurs fairly often. But if i was to obtain a copy would i be able to find a server??? probably not....

I thought it ran off the Quake engine thats what someone told me before, but the box never lies i guess...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users