Eab Trigger Mechanism

piecing back together

3 replies to this topic

#1 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:49 PM

I'm not one to ask idiotic questions, but after an hour and a half of trying to fit it back together, I am going to resort to doing so. Yes, this sounds utterly newbish, but I need to know how to put the trigger mech on an Expand-a-Blast back together. I realize it's just like any other springer, but this is the first one that's literally exploded upon opening for me.

I'm creating the second write-up in my series, and this is necessary to complete the task. There are some pictures below of the affected area. I need to know which way the spring goes on the trigger catch, and how to hold it down while I close the gun. I'm sure Cx can answer this (as he's got a very nice mod in the mods section), however, if you have a few tidbits to contribute, I would be most grateful.

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

Thanks for your help!

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#2 SharpShot2

SharpShot2

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:18 PM

Umm, you have the catching mech upside down. Turn it around, where the spring is compressed against the plastic on the other side.

-SharpShot

#3 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:32 PM

Aaand, o' course, make sure the cocking notch on the plunger rod is appropriately placed relative to the (newly) repositioned catch bar (with spring side up now).

Don't worry. We've all had moments like this. I won't even go into details of how my PETG turreted AT2k wouldn't shoot well...until I found the little o-ring on the shop floor.

Duh.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#4 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:43 PM

Alright, the things is back together, and I'll be providing a write-up tomorrow. It's not as great as I expected though...Much better than stock nonetheless. Now, I'm going to begin my next project...the Splitfire!
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users