Which Crossbow Mod To Do?

Need some help

3 replies to this topic

#1 Bernoulli

Bernoulli

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:36 PM

Hey, I recently acquired a new crossbow and I've never had one before. I found several different mods online and was wondering which you guys have had experience with and which you recommend and why. I've had some experience modding before so I'm not entirely new to modding. Thanks in advance for the help.

#2 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:47 PM

Hello, I had the same question when I got my new crossbow, but I just simply looked at many mods online, then evolved them into one of my own mods. Following every detail for some of these mods is very difficult so I just got a pipe that fit my darts and glued it onto the compression cylinder, thats all. My only problem with this was the rod falls off sometimes and it is never perfectly straight... If anyone has any suggestions for this, please tell me because mine fell off the other day and is pissing the hell out of me.... Does that answer your question?
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#3 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

It's very good to reinforce your crossbow with sheetmetal. There's a very detailed mod write-up with different levels of difficulty at Rag's Site.

I would also recommend searching around NH for other methods of reinforcing your crossbow to prevent breakdown.

I also recommend drilling two holes for placing bolts through the crossbow. Therefore providing maximum reinforcement. Here's some detailed pictures of what this mod looks like. I've even done it on my crossbow.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:12 PM

I personally did the following and I get around 85 or so feet without bands:

I reenforced my crossbow.

I epoxied, plumbers gooped, and e-taped a sch.40 coupler onto the top of the plunger. The coupler has a 9/16 diameter, I believe.

I then hotglued a 9/16 piece of petg in the middle of the coupler.

I then made a barrel of whatever I.D. is right below 9/16 brass in size and nested it in 9/16 brass. There is about a 3-4'' difference in length between the barrels.

So, now I have a detachable brass barrel and a coupler for it!
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users