need help

19 replies to this topic

#1 SKIZ

SKIZ

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:59 AM

Hey all

First: As far as i know this type of question can be put in this topic section but if i shouldnt post about this stuff just tell me.

My mate and I have just discovered how to make gunpowder along with other neat stuff. The delema weeve been having is how to like it without using frikin sparkalars or lighters. What my question is, is there a simple way to make a CHEAP ignitor that can be continually used with minimal sacrafictioal parts (ie. dont have to keep buying new parts). Ive tried hooking up a fine piece of wire to a a 12 volt battery but didnt really work.

Now this is only for those with a great deal of knowledge on the topic and not really that important. Does anyone no how to make (use this word VERY LOOSLY) High Explosives. Basically something that doesnt need compression and can just be lite and thats that. I dont want anything to complex as still new to the concept.

Please dont get shitty with me for asking ive looked on the net and thought that nerfhaven would be great as it is full of people with lots of ideas and several with solutions to them.

#2 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:31 AM

Sorry, there aren't any other crazy-ass motherfucking terrorists like yourself here.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#3 SKIZ

SKIZ

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:53 AM

Yer terrorist for sure

All im doin is muking around in my backyard. Ill clear this now and say in no way do i intend to use this on people or near people and thats why i want ignitors so when i do it in my backyard no one is near by to get hurt. The amount i play with at any one time would be eqivalent to a .22 round and am mainlly doin it to make rockets. And no not rockets for any frikin terrorist activity, rockets you shoot up in the sky and eventually make them do colourful shit (basically fireworks).

#4 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:20 AM

Ummm....Any rimfire .22 cartridge only holds a few grains. That would get a rocket to go *pf*. It would not go above a height of zero (0) metres. I highly doubt you are refering to a centerfire .22 with a bit more powder. Still, it would not go as high. Also, the difference between gunpowder in rocket fuel is the amount of chemicals within it. Solid rocket fuel is designed to burn slower than half the rate of gunpowder.

Assuming you already knew that, you would then be using the detonating gun powder for use as the secondary charge which expels a firework's payload. Well, why would you need an ignition source for that? The burning solid rocket fuel would give you everything required to get gunpowder to burn.

I could probably tell you how to ignite it; however, I really don't want to because I have no idea what you are going to actually use that information for. See, I have information for the good of the public, not the hobbies of an individual(s).

I could even tell you how to make rocket ignitors for toy rockets. What I find interesting is that you did not google it. Remember, search before you post. I know for a fact that there are many websites and forums which have the information you are looking for.

There is also a way to make fuses. Again, search before you post. That includes Google.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#5 SKIZ

SKIZ

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:37 AM

Thanks for that

sorry better clarify that my bad.
I experiment with .22 rimfire amounts but for rockets use large amounts. I currentlly use a sparkalar up the guts of the rocket (combustion area) and wen the rocket takes off it throws the sparkalar out. I understand you wouldnt want to give me information that could be portentioally terroristic but i assure you its all for fun and as mentioned not for harm to anyone or anything. If you dont believe me i can post videos but hoping it wont come to that. I have googled it and i know how to make the rocket work.

http://www.wfvisser....kets_BP_EN.html

Basically what im doin. But of coarse no explosive head on it yet. Dont whant to play with that shit until i have a good understanding.

#6 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:44 AM

I practically gave you what you needed. All that a model rocket ignitor is is a thin piece of metal with a match head on it. I am not kidding. Everything is the same. In fact, people make them by doing that. I guess that was on a private forum where that was discussed...

#7 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:09 AM

SKIZ, if you are smart enough to play with explosives, then you should be smart enough to know that you need to work on your posts.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#8 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:55 PM

Why not use a fuse? I use fuses to light my many homemade explosives. They have plenty of delay. And before anyone jumps to conclusions, I'm not a terrorist. Everything I have made had been detonated in a secure place with little to know bystanders watching under the aid of my parents. Most of my works are just simply large firecrackers. I don't make bombs or anything.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#9 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:31 PM

steel wool across a battery

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:16 PM

Edit: Never mind, already in the terms.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 29 March 2006 - 09:24 PM.

#11 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:34 PM

Steel wool was the thin piece of metal I was talking about. With a match head on it (just poke it through somehow...), it heats up and ignites the matchhead; however, since the matchhead is now harder to ignite than the fuel (since black powder is easier, no?), what bolt said...

Or, put it on steriods and use a capacitor and steel wool...mmm...even faster/hotter ignition...although the amps will be a bit lower, but meh. Voltage is higher, so it would be better, maybe, somehow.

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 29 March 2006 - 10:36 PM.

#12 SKIZ

SKIZ

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:37 PM

Ok thanks for your help.
Sorry about the posts i should really think abit better before i post.
I live in Australia and seems how we have a fireworks ban its hard to buy fuses and everytime i try to make them they fail. I will try the steel wool idea as that seems most practical. I'll get a disposible camera and use the capaciter out of that. (easy to hook up as a taser aswell)

I know in the homemade section you should post images on topics but does the rule apply for this thread aswell? I.e. should i post images on what i do if it works?

Thanks for your help and contributions.

#13 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:43 PM

You can just use a 9V battery. It's current that will generate the heat to melt the steel wool not the voltage.

#14 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:22 AM

D'oh...I was thinking sparks for gaseous fuels...disregard that earlier comment of mine about the capacitors. That is, unless you are going to make any liquid fueled rockets requiring a spark gap...

A car battery can push a few hundred amps. That'd do well. Then again, model rocket ignitors (have you tried finding those? They are very inexpensive, I think) use a 9v battery/cell as a current source...

#15 SKIZ

SKIZ

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:45 AM

Thanks for your help guys but i think bolt has laid this to rest with a simple yet terrific idea. Steel wool sounds great and easy/cheap as anything so once again thanks. Unless you guys no how to make cheap remote detonators i got everything i need to know.

#16 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:40 AM

Cordless phone (or cellular phone), using the leads from the ring tone speaker and a current amplifier, changing the 3.3v to 12v using a car bat....WHAT?!

Ummm...should I dare to continue?

Edit: I think everyone thinks I'm a terrorist now since I am the one who actually makes the bombs for practice dearming use by my clan...

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 30 March 2006 - 06:41 AM.

#17 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:48 AM

A car battery can push a few hundred amps. That'd do well.

I'm not an expert on ignitors, but I wouldn't recommend someone who has little idea of what they are doing play with something that can push that high of amperage. Just a thought.

9V is a much safer option. Batteries designed for generic use by the public put out a much lower (and safer) amperage.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#18 SKIZ

SKIZ

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:17 PM

Hey sorry for bringin up an old topic but i prefered to get yelled at for this then the usual "o f**ck do a search next time". So i have made several charges now and let them off with the steel wool (thanks bolt). There only small bangs but if someone would tell me how to put videos on the forums it would be appriciated. By the way i made them about 900kb so they are good for those with dial up aswell.

#19 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:22 AM

Try making an account then uploading the vids to putfile.

~ompa

#20 SKIZ

SKIZ

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:59 AM

Thanks ompa

Well to show it worked and im not a terrorist you can easily see that this was let of in the comfort of my own backyard with no one around to get hurt....well maybe the goats

The file is small and i would say good quality so people with dial- up dont be afraid.

Click here to watch LITTLE-BIT-OF-FUN-73

And to settle anyother questions no that wasnt me with the high voice saying "o my god" nor was it an a-bomb (just the smoke kinda looks like it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users