Photo

Eagle Eye Mod

28 replies to this topic

#26 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:00 PM

ompa, just curious, where did you get 1/2" PVC from? Hokiefan0705 is using plumbing piping, so, again, where did you get the idea that pvc was the barrel material for this mod? it would make sense if you were talking about someone else's comment.

Murakumo32, it was called the sneak shot and I had one when I was like 6 or 7...I loved that gun.

Edited by rotoryfan, 26 March 2006 - 08:02 PM.

razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

#27 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:42 PM

I meant to nest the piping in, to keep it straight. I have both materials near me.

Murakumo, the gun is the Sneakshot. Good gun once modded, according to Veggie.

Yeah, just realized rotory already posted it.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 26 March 2006 - 08:43 PM.

#28 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:11 AM

And a word to everyone, you may not want to go around errantly buying tubing simply because looks similar to what's pictured. It comes in several different materials, perhaps hokiefan could just tell us what kind of tubing it was he bought (Teflon PFA, PVC, Nylon, Tygon...).
Nylon would perform fairly well, but is prone to collapsing and deforming. Teflon and PVC would offer much lower friction. Tygon I don't really have any experience with so I have no idea.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#29 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:44 PM

The fundamental question you should be asking when when someone posts long ranges is this: Is it better to be skeptical and wrong, or gullible and right?

If you are skeptical and question the legitiamacy of a claimed range as in this thread, more often than not the person claiming high ranges will admit that either they were inflating the numbers, shooting on an angle or that something else was going on (here we also had a spring replacement). And if it turns out you were completely wrong in being skeptical, it is no big deal, you apologise, admit your mistake and congradulate someone on an excellent mod. Being skeptical is not being mean, it's keeping other people honest.

If you are gullable and believe a range claim, you must rely on the poster to be perfectly honest and to have divulged all the information about what they have done to the gun and how they fired it. If it turns out the poster is not telling the whole truth, then you look foolish and stupid, and you can't adequatly remedy that with an apology. "I'm sorry I'm so stupid I believe everything anyone posts on the forum", doesn't make you seem any smarter now does it?

Thus when a member posts a range that does not seem likely for a given gun, always alwasy question their figures until the truth comes out. You don't have to be mean about it but don't get bullshitted either.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users