C.s.h.g.

Captain Slug's heavy Gatling

265 replies to this topic

#251 n-Lord

n-Lord

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:39 AM

Hello Captain Slug i have a question that may help or simply add more to your work load, but i think it will help.

I was just wondering if you are still using the plungers running on the helical track if so i was wondering if you have some way to maybe disengage the helical track after use on account of that fact that when you switch this beast off 2 plungers will still be resting on the track. adding say a bolt handle to the helical track could work just switch of the gun pull the handle on the track up to unlock it then push forward. Adding something like this would releave the two plungers on the track thus reducing metal fatigue.

I just thought i should bring this to your attention im sorry if someone has already mentioned this.

Regards
N

Edited by n-Lord, 23 August 2007 - 06:48 AM.

[quote]Dear Jesus, I guess your bringing that to Hell with you.[/quote]
Forsaken Angel

quote]It's miley cyrus... duh![/quote]
Dark Shrimp

#252 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:22 AM

I was just wondering if you are still using the plungers running on the helical track

nope
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#253 n-Lord

n-Lord

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:39 AM

Ok no neen for it then.

Regards
N

Edited by n-Lord, 24 August 2007 - 01:40 AM.

[quote]Dear Jesus, I guess your bringing that to Hell with you.[/quote]
Forsaken Angel

quote]It's miley cyrus... duh![/quote]
Dark Shrimp

#254 philadel Elite

philadel Elite

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

I was skimming though this fairly quick. I probably missed what I'm gonna ask, then Ill get yelled at. lol
I have 3 questions.
Did you figure the dart mech. to drop in place?
How does it fire with a spring sort of mech?
Ever think of using air to propel the darts from the barrels?

#255 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

I was skimming though this fairly quick. I probably missed what I'm gonna ask, then Ill get yelled at. lol

You were right. Go back and read the entire thread, and then you will find your answers. We don't like to support laziness here.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#256 philadel Elite

philadel Elite

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

darn it...
thanks though :D

#257 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:45 PM

After much contemplation I have decided that this gun is simply not going to be possible to make as a man-portable system. Even if there were no air wasted the air supply needed to fire 300 darts more than a few times is more than anyone would want to carry or run around with.

So the determination now is to just assume that this is going to be a weapon designed for emplacement. This will change the design drastically.

But ABP5K will come first since it will provide some much needed baselines for performance and many functional tests since some of the base components are similar.

This isn't much of an update, but it is a notification that I haven't dumped this project altogether. It's just going to get much larger and more ridiculous over the next few months.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 20 September 2007 - 03:48 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#258 Legion

Legion

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

True, this project may not be portable, but that's what I've been looking forward to. I recently snagged a junker of a pickup truck from a scrapper and have been converting the bed into a mobile nerf war reloading station for my team. I installed a small hydraulic press into the side so I could mount the C.S.H.G. to it and slide it in and out of the pickup's side so I could hold off other teams while mine reloaded. If You aren't going to continue with the current design, can you please send me the plans so I can finish my mobile base? If not, I understand.

#259 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

The more I Nerf the more I'm considering the underlying premise of this weapon to be counterintuitive to the spirit of Nerfing itself. And if you run out of darts completely (you should be picking up darts as you see them) or your gun craps out on you completely in the middle of a match you should just accept that you're dead and go sit down until the next match.

I will not be sending anyone plans for this, I will probably never get around to making this, and I don't plan on thinking about this gun much in the next year.
Sure it would be cool, but if this gun were made and used you would have to build a play style around it, because it really doesn't have any relevant use within the context of existing play styles.

More people should go out and attend wars instead of sitting at home contemplating theoretically penultimate weapons.

This is not an excuse post. If I set my mind to something I can and will accomplish it. What has changed are my motivation and my opinions on what an ideal Nerf weapon should be.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 13 January 2008 - 11:48 PM.

#260 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:32 PM

CS, you were already high on my list of respectable people on these boards.

That post just skyrocketed you up that list, big time. You're awesome.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#261 zadjii

zadjii

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:18 AM

That REALLY stinks man. I was working on a project just like this and if you cant do it, I sure as heck can't.
-Cpvc that's been under your home for 10 years can shatter. New Cpvc doesn't, unless you enjoy violently beating your gun on a tree.
-If you could figure out how to strap a Vulcan as a hand replacement, that would be sweet. I would just stop there, and run around calling myself Mega Man.

#262 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:20 AM

I can do it. But it's just that there's really no point to it since I can't use it in a war.

#263 Tofu

Tofu

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:29 PM

Ug, I get get your reasoning. I was looking forward to you completeing this, But if you can't use it in a war, thaen its like whats the point of having it?
I eat air restrictors for breakfast.

QUOTE(P.C. III @ Jan 17 2008, 12:19 PM) View Post

A great nf can beat a crummy xbow...

^BS^

#264 nerfchild

nerfchild

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:22 PM

Great Concept. Wouldn't it be hard to get the feed and wheel coordinated with eachother? If you could pull it off (Well probably a "yes" your cap slug) that would be awsome. :lol:
92% of nerfhaven users have a similar signature as this because ice does,
If you're one of the 8% who dont...Congrats you're not a follower (No offense ice/uin13)

#265 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

Great Concept. Wouldn't it be hard to get the feed and wheel coordinated with eachother? If you could pull it off (Well probably a "yes" your cap slug) that would be awsome. :lol:

The topic has been dead for over 6 months and I will not be revisiting this idea ever.

#266 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:20 AM

The topic has been dead for over 6 months and I will not be revisiting this idea ever.

And I heartily agree.

For using the word "heartily", I put this one to sleep.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users