Photo

Farmageddon Planning Thread

43 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:32 PM

Well here's the deal. It's time to bring the Midwest together for a large scale nerf war. Some may have seen the little discussion in the Armageddon 06 planning thread about this so called "Farmageddon". Hopefully this will turn out to become a good annual nerf war.

A few details.

Where? Iowa--Davenport or Bettendorf

Who? All Midwest Nerfers

Hosts? The Chaos Brigade/ Renegade

When? A Saturday in June/July We will be deciding dates in this thread also.

Restrictions? We'll determine if guns are too powerful at the war site.
No pointed stefans and the like.

With just people from my School/clan we will easily have 10+ people.
I'll post pictures of possible locations later.

Post what dates are good, how many people your bringing, and the like. What type of wars or rules would you guys like to play by? Lets make this one of the best war's the Midwest has ever seen guys.

#2 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:35 PM

Count ompa and I in.
Indiana '11

#3 Handlethis

Handlethis

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:48 PM

In. I'd go for Dodgeball, maybe some CTF....

-HT
Knowledge is black and white, but the more I learn, the more it seems that life was meant to be lived in gray.

#4 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:50 PM

We'll probably stick to deathmatch/team deathmatch for the most part. Probably have a respawn system so it doesn't get too long and boring.. Not sure how good some dodgeball wars would be with a bunch of people. Might get a little boring. But we'll definately try to have some CTF.

#5 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:55 PM

Hey guys, set up a date and I'll try to get work off that day.

Sounds like fun.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

I have a few chunks here and there during the summer that I'll be out-of-country, or have college visits. I'll try my best to work around it, but parental planning and discretion still comes before my choices. At least for another 4 months. Then I'll be off to college.

~ompa

#7 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:24 PM

Cool. I can't say a definite, but count me in. It'd actualy be my first war...

Edited by Carbon, 24 March 2006 - 06:24 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#8 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:58 PM

We'll probably stick to deathmatch/team deathmatch for the most part. Probably have a respawn system so it doesn't get too long and boring.. Not sure how good some dodgeball wars would be with a bunch of people. Might get a little boring. But we'll definately try to have some CTF.

Just wanna verify that dodgeball is better with more people.
Sup?

#9 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:53 PM

Depending on whether or not I can find a job, I may actually be able to pay for gas to drive down there. I'd convince a friend to come, too -- road trips are no fun by yourself. Post the info when you get it, I'll be waiting.

I'll try my best to work around it, but parental planning and discretion still comes before my choices.

Of course, this counts for me as well... ^_^
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#10 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:30 PM

Finally, a large scale midwest nerf war. Count the Team Chicago in (if I can get the guys to go).
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#11 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:54 AM

You might just be able to count the Northfolk in. It's going to be quite a motherfucker of a stretch though. MapQuest says that it'll be a 7 hour, 47 minute trip for us (493.26 miles one-way). We'll have to arrange for lodging options for a night or two. I'll sleep in a tree if necessary. I know for sure that I'm gung-ho about attending Farmageddon, but it's going to be difficult to assemble my people. In normal attendance, I could marshal a force of 8 guys. However, there will be quandaries with parents and such, so I can't guarantee everyone. If the general interest proves worthwhile among my folk, I could promise at least 4. I suppose if recruiting is necessary, I can give it my best shot. Transportation will be an issue as well. We all have vehicles, but it'll come down to which one of us wants to put 1000 miles on our cars. And only one of us has a GMC Jimmy that could haul maybe 6. That could get ugly, if you catch me drift.

As far as action goes, a team deathmatch should suffice. CTF would be really fun, but it could get very confusing.

Like ompa said, we're going to have our chunks of availability as well. I could answer for the majority of us that June 17-26 are definite "no" days, as we will be out East for a touring production of Godspell. The first week in August would not be available either. The most oppotune time for us would be the month of July. Weekends are preferred, but if it must happen on a weekday it's not a real biggie. I have no set dates to offer yet; I haven't mentioned this to my posse either. I'm only answering on behalf that we have quite similar schedules/interests.

So my current RSVP is "interested". I can't make promises yet, but I will definitely keep an eye on this topic in the near future. It would be my first big interstate war, so I'm pretty pumped to see what happens.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#12 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:48 PM

We're (Chicago) are good for July. Some of my clan members are taking summer classes (not because they're stupid) in June so it's good for us to go in July.

Mapquest says that it'll be about a 3 hour drive from here, so we are more likely to go.
-or-

#13 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:09 PM

LOTR 434, we could carpool. I drive a GMC Jimmy that can lodge another 5 (including the driver), so when combined with yours.... I do live rather south of you, I think (Frappr map), but we could meet somewhere for the great merging of cars. The more the merrier. Just giving suggestions, though.

So my current RSVP is "interested". I can't make promises yet, but I will definitely keep an eye on this topic in the near future. It would be my first big interstate war, so I'm pretty pumped to see what happens.

Well put.

EDIT - Remembered how many people my car could actually hold.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 25 March 2006 - 09:14 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#14 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:39 PM

So, it will almost definately be in July. Which Saturday sounds best for everyone?

#15 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:26 PM

Ok Hilt, where in the south do you mean? My computer's gay and old, so I can't exactly view the Frappr map. I just registered for the chance that someone could see where I'm at.

That would be a help. I still need to contact my men, so I'll get back to you on that. It's still a ways off.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#16 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:40 AM

Right. I should have been less vague; my apologies.

South = Straight West of St. Paul/Minneapolis. More specifically (if you know where the flip I'm talking about), Tonka Bay (Tonka Bay, Shorewood, Excelsior... uh... Chanhassen (kinda...)). Hennipen County!

Basically, go to Downtown and then take 394 West until it turns into 12, keep going W on Shoreline, then go south on 19 for a wee bit.

Judging by your location on the map, it would be unfair to ask you to go out of the way (West) enough to meet up with me, so we'd have to meet somewhere in SE MN.
V

#17 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:07 AM

Well cx announced the date of Armageddon as July 15, so Farmageddon would have to be the 8th (maybe too close), the 22nd (again, maybe too close), or the 29th (might be best). That's what I have to say. People might not want to go the next weekend after/before Armageddon because of fatigue, finances, etc. Cx, you took the best day... :lol:

EDIT: Sorry, Shindig, I did mean the people who were attending Armageddon would not be able to attend Farmageddon if they wanted too (if the date was the 15th).

Edited by murakumo32, 28 March 2006 - 12:42 PM.

-or-

#18 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:01 PM

Well cx announced the date of Armageddon as July 15, so Farmageddon would have to be the 8th (maybe too close), the 22nd (again, maybe too close), or the 29th (might be best). That's what I have to say. People might not want to go the next weekend after/before Armageddon because of fatigue, finances, etc. Cx, you took the best day... :cry:

Not to butt in to someone else's war topic, but I didn't see anyone mentioning that they were going or interested in attending Armageddon. The problem with the 15th was that Rings and his crew wouldn't be able to show up. I'm assuming that is what you meant.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#19 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:27 AM

I'm not going to be able to attend Armageddon because I happen to be right in the dead-set nowhere of Kansas. I'll do what I can to come to Farmageddon though, if only to encourage more midwest Nerf Outs. You can count me almost definitely in.

#20 Stryker

Stryker

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

COUNT ME IN FOR SURE.... sounds like it will shape up to be one of the best wars EVER.

I urge everyone that is able to come to check it out and give it a shot.
"What the duce?" "Victory Is Mine!"
- Stewie Griffin

"I thought about joining the army, it's basically fps, but better graphicsbut what happens if i get lag out there. I am dead. I even heard there are no respawn points in RL."
- FPS Doug

#21 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:19 PM

I'd love to come. I'm in SE MN so maybe I could make it. Depends on dates, parents, and the like. Never been to a Nerf war, but my arsenal is growing. Hope to see you there!
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#22 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

Update: nix the second weekend in July. Many of us work at the local Country Club, and they have the largest tournament of the year that weekend. I'd probably only get less than half my crew then. Of course, that's what I meant in the Armageddon thread as well.

Edited by LordoftheRing434, 30 March 2006 - 09:30 PM.

#23 Bone

Bone

• Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:14 PM

I might be abble to come. With one more person and I . I live about 40 miles away from you guys so that shouldent be a problem. But the date is very important, any thing before the 24th in July should go well.

Edited by Bone, 31 March 2006 - 05:15 PM.

No.

#24 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:22 PM

Right. I should have been less vague; my apologies.

South = Straight West of St. Paul/Minneapolis. More specifically (if you know where the flip I'm talking about), Tonka Bay (Tonka Bay, Shorewood, Excelsior... uh... Chanhassen (kinda...)). Hennipen County!

Basically, go to Downtown and then take 394 West until it turns into 12, keep going W on Shoreline, then go south on 19 for a wee bit.

Judging by your location on the map, it would be unfair to ask you to go out of the way (West) enough to meet up with me, so we'd have to meet somewhere in SE MN.

If you stop and meet near Rochester, let me know. I'm about 20 miles south of Roch. My family owns a 12 passenger clubwagon, so maybe we could carpool and split gas...
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#25 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:44 PM

Sure! I'm still waiting for the official date so I can plan but carpooling is always a good idea. I'm not sure if we'd need a twelve-seater but I guess it depends on how many LOTR decides to bring.
V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users