post them here

12 replies to this topic

#1 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:44 PM

I have been attemting new stephan designs and have made some new discoveries:

Shorter ones that I have made draw blood.

short ones with weights hot glued in the body of the dart suck after a shot.

the ones with FBR over the top are good and when you shoot them out of a DTG they make a pop sound.

(these were all mega stephans)
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#2 skiermon

skiermon

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:58 AM

Hey, Sistermol. I've got a couple of questions for you:

1. By [QUOTE]short ones with weights hot glued in the body
I assume you mean that these darts have weights inside the dart, maybe half way down the length of it. So instead of weight in the tip, it's more weight in the middle. Is that correct?

2. If it is, then I'm going to guess that you have holes in these darts like stock darts do. Is this the case?

3. Granted, I'm somewhat of a newb here at the Haven, but i've been reading the forums long enough to have come across some discrepancies [sp?] as to just what exactly a mega stefan is. Some people consider a mega stefan to be basically a stoc micro; 2" long, .5" (approx) diameter. But you said you were using "shorter ones" and that they were "mega stefans". By megas, do you mean you're using FBR with the same diameter as stock Mega darts? And just exactly how long is short?

If you could clear up these details, it'd make your post much more helpful to newbies such as myself.

Thanks
~skiermon

#3 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:27 AM

mega stefans are made with 5/8" FBR, which is about the size of a stock mega dart (foam-wise at least). They could be 1/2" long, or 3' long, and they're still mega stefans.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#4 Anothernoob

Anothernoob

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:29 AM

Mega stefans are homemade darts using 5/8" diameter Foam Backer Rod. Yes, it generally has the same diameter as a stock micro as they can both USUALLY be shot from normal 1/2" PVC. I say usually because there are variances in both the diameter of peoples FBR and the inner diameter of 1/2" PVC. It usually depends on the brands you use. For me, unless I give my 5/8" FBR some good stretch treatment, they fit waaay to tightly in my PVC and won't leave the barrel when I fire.

EDIT: David, you beat me to it!

Edited by Anothernoob, 24 March 2006 - 10:29 AM.

#5 ElvenNerfer

ElvenNerfer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:27 PM

True story: I once made a batch of darts using duct tape instead of hotglue, because my hot glue gun was broken. They performed surprisingly well....
"Your necktie looks like Hitler at an ice rink" -- Generic bad-metaphor-spouting woman from Dilbert

#6 m15399

m15399

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:29 PM

So you cut out a section of the dart and duct taped a weight in? That would really help me because I don't have a glue gun.

#7 Nero121

Nero121

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:53 PM

I personally prefer the Matchstick darts because I have found they are easy to make and fly well. Also, you don't have to bother finding the right type of weight to use because 3 layers of Plastidip is really quite enough.

#8 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:36 PM

I assume you use only restrictor-modded guns then? For modded guns that serious Nerfers use Matchsticks won't work.
SexD Warves

#9 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:45 AM

Okay here are answers:

The darts do not have hles like stock ones I melted a hole in the body with my glue gun.

The mega darts are made the diameter of a stock mega dart.

And can you make mega matchsticks?
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#10 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:11 PM

Mega Matchsticks are possible... I have done them. You just want to make sure you put around 5 coats of plasti-dip onto the tip to have enough weight for that big of a dart.
Member of Team Stealth

-Check it out and vote in our poll!

#11 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:37 PM

My clan uses a modified Matchstick round:
We take stock darts (Dart tag darts work well), cut the stem off of the stock dart-head, push it down into the hole, put in a weight, cover it with hotgule, and then do 3 dips in Plasti-Dip (One dip going over the sides of the dart, the other two are on the hotglue itself, mainly to reduce pain, but it also makes them more aerodynamic). To finish it off, the cut straws to about two and a half inches in length (a bit shorter than stock micros) and hotglue the straws in for support.

These darts work very well in high powered guns, as they have the weight of a stefan, the consistancy of stock darts, the rigidity of reinforced darts, the good seal of a Matchstick, the good aerodynamics of a Matchstick, and the lessened pain from a Matchstick.

These are the only darts my LBB will accept: it refuses to use other kinds of stefans.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#12 Greek Assassin

Greek Assassin

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:55 PM

Why does everyone think matchstick darts are so great. Stefans are cheaper and better.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#13 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:59 PM

Why does everyone think matchstick darts are so great.  Stefans are cheaper and better.

These are the only darts my LBB will accept: it refuses to use other kinds of stefans.

People apparently like matchsticks because they work for them.

Edited by Carbon, 03 April 2006 - 05:01 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users