My Velcro Night Finder

I little thing i came up with

12 replies to this topic

#1 ristrictor-distructor

ristrictor-distructor

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:47 PM

I decided to cut of the dart holders and glue on some velcro that way i can hold a bunch of DT darts and reload really easy
at most my new nf can hold 16 dart including one in the barrell

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thats it
Only down side is it only works with DT darts not stephans unless you make velcro tip ones

what do ya think

#2 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:59 PM

I like your mod, and your velcro dart holder. The only problem is that I don't think it will actualy be strong enough to hold the darts in an actual game. Your going to be running around, and some of they might fall off, plus that would make it almost only be able to be used as a primary, since you couldent put that in your pocket.

Nice idea, I don't know if it will work, but you can build off it and make sometihng that will hold your darts better. Good job anyways!
http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#3 ristrictor-distructor

ristrictor-distructor

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:09 PM

I tried shaking it around a little and they seemed to stay on real good

my other idea was to get some pvc that is a little larger then the tip of a dart and mount a few of them to a gun or holster and glue some velcro on the inside of the tubes
ill try to do a prototype or a drawing

the thicker barrel still shoots micros
it is a marker tube wrapped in hockey tape just slid into some thick walled pvc
looks pretty cool but no real purpose.

Edited by ristrictor-distructor, 22 March 2006 - 10:11 PM.

#4 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:55 PM

Sweet mod, but I agree with rip the darts will fall off.
Cubs in 2012

#5 fobpawwor

fobpawwor

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:01 PM

I use DT darts too, and I like to make belt across my chest and it has a couple small pvc pipes with a velcro cover over it. That way all you need to do is stick the dart through the hole until it hits and sticks to the velcro. This way, its very sturdy, then when you need a bullet, just pull it right out of the pipe, this way you can get bullets fast and easy without losing any. Only downside is that this belt gives me less mobility and versatility, (I think thats how its spelled). I like to jump around in wars, so this thing might just fly-off. However, it has served me well!

Edited by fobpawwor, 22 March 2006 - 09:02 PM.

#6 ristrictor-distructor

ristrictor-distructor

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:13 PM

Id like to see a picture of that if possible
sound alot like what i was thinking of doin if it wernt for my lack of supplies

Edited by ristrictor-distructor, 22 March 2006 - 10:14 PM.

#7 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:46 PM

I suppose that's a good idea if you use the NF as a primary. It wouldn't make a good sidearm though, as the darts on the bottom would be quite cumbersome. And then you couldn't make a holster for it either. I'd rather stick with cargo pockets for my darts, but if it works for you, that's cool.

Aside from that opinion, you look like you have a very cleanly modded NF. Nice work.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#8 ristrictor-distructor

ristrictor-distructor

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:11 PM

Posted ImageHeres a prototype of somting else i might pursue what do you think
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

i dont know what to attach this type of thing to
maybe a holster or a belt
if I end up liking it ill make a better one with pvc and cleaner cuts this one i just threw together
just so you know the darts stay in thier pipes even when i shake the think real hard

#9 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:23 PM

Pretty cool design there for your prototype, however, the free dart was more easily accesible. other than that, nice job.
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#10 fobpawwor

fobpawwor

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:45 PM

Hey restrictor, thats exactly the same thing I was talking about, but mine was secured onto a belt, instead of cardboard (I think) and I used way too much velcro. Yours is much simpler, saves materials, and infact more versatile. Great job!

Edited by fobpawwor, 23 March 2006 - 11:45 PM.

#11 Nero

Nero

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:06 AM

[B] Nice Design. I like the barrel does it help at all or is it for looks. And also what size PVC did you use. I just got done Finishing my Titan mod and im sure you should look at that. :w00t:
[QUOTE] It's like peeing and cutting a chocolate cake at once. Yeh deal with it.

* DEY TOOK R JERBS *

#12 ristrictor-distructor

ristrictor-distructor

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:03 AM

im not sure what size pvc i used i think 3/4 but it is about the same size as the little barrel holder on the end of the NF

#13 theyellowdartmti

theyellowdartmti

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:34 AM

Nice idea.

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5854
Try making these. They'll probably stay on better, they're lighter than the storebought tag darts.

-dart

Edited by theyellowdartmti, 25 March 2006 - 10:38 AM.

Active at NHQ, as theyellowdartmti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users