How To Plug An Air Release?

Newb question...sorry....

10 replies to this topic

#1 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:29 AM

Question: how do most of you plug an air release for a pump gun? I was thinking meerly taking some Goop and putting that in there, but I'm not sure if it could handle the air pressure. Specifically, I'm trying to plug the air release on my Wildfire, though this is out of need to repair it, not to get better performance. Thanks for any help.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#2 fobpawwor

fobpawwor

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:57 AM

Basically, you want the pump to pump air into the tank and seal it in. But the problem is you do not want it to become a suction. So basic air release valves, you only need to plug up the middle hole. I hoped that helped.

#3 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:48 AM

Question: how do most of you plug an air release for a pump gun? I was thinking meerly taking some Goop and putting that in there, but I'm not sure if it could handle the air pressure. Specifically, I'm trying to plug the air release on my Wildfire, though this is out of need to repair it, not to get better performance. Thanks for any help.

If you had looked at any pump gun mod on this site, you would've had your answer. However, to save you trouble, I'll just tell you how anyways.

There is a hole on the end of the pump, it usually has a screw in it. Plug it with hotglue, and make it even with the pump face or just a little bit lower. You'll be able to find this thing, trust me. It's an obvious hole.

An old picture of my SM5k pump:
Posted Image

I do hope this helps.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:25 AM

How do you know a Wildfire release valve is the same as a standard pump gun Wrath? I'm not sure it is, because the only release valve I know of on an automatic is the pin on the bladder that lets out excess air when it gets too big and is in danger of blowing.

Do you mean that one or one on the pump? I'm not sure there is a pump valve in autos.
SexD Warves

#5 ShadowSniper

ShadowSniper

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:57 AM

How do you know a Wildfire release valve is the same as a standard pump gun Wrath? I'm not sure it is, because the only release valve I know of on an automatic is the pin on the bladder that lets out excess air when it gets too big and is in danger of blowing.

Do you mean that one or one on the pump? I'm not sure there is a pump valve in autos.

Theres not one in my wildfire, but there is a release valve on the bladder as you said and Im not sure if you can plug that up effectively. (At least I've never heard of anyone doing that)

#6 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:49 AM

There is not a valve on the wildfire pump and I do not recommend filling the end up with hot glue. It can wreck the check valve at the end of the pump if you do.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#7 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:23 PM

Dude, I mean no offense because I don't despise you as a member, so don't take this as anything but my own mere curiosity and confussion.

How the fuck have you been around for almost two years and not realize how to plug a god damn pump? Seriously dude, did you even think to check one of the mods? I'm almost positive they're on there.

However, with that said you can just use hot glue.

Again don't take offense to this message, I don't dislike you.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#8 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:22 PM

Heh heh, I appreciate the vehemence of your response, Talio; and for the record, I take no offense.

That said, except for my PowerClip, I rarely use pump guns, so I never figured out how to plug the release. Most people advise against plugging the air release valve because of the possibility of breaking the bladder/tank assembly. I did a search and found nothing about how to do it, though I did not check any of the mods, mostly for the afformentioned reason.

Just so you know, I've been around longer than two years...

Thanks everyone for the responses, I appreciate the answers.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:44 PM

Hey, I was just going by your join date. I have nothing else to judge by.

Anyway, anyone who says don't plug the valves is an idiot. Yes, you can bust your valve doing that. The solution is not to pump it so much. Don't listen to the neigh sayers and plug the things. If your scared of breaking your gun, think of it this way. Nerf guns are not an investment. You will never get any kind of significant return of your money. You've bought the gun and unless you use the gun, it's practically worthless to you. So which would you rather have. A gun that's not broke, is worth nothing and is almost completely unusable due to extremely poor performance, a gun that's working amazingly with proper care or a gun that's still worthless and busted, renduring no less useful if it sucked.

My point is that there's no point in having a gun that sucks because it might as well just be busted, so plug your valves.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:57 PM

Plugging the valve is totally worthwhile. Indeed, you will break the gun if you pump it too many times, but it can be fixed. I'm in the process of resurrecting a dead SM1500 with a ruptured airtank. It just takes time, patience, and a hell of a lot of Plumber's goop.

However, the benefits outweigh the risk at hand. You'll get better range out of your gun for fewer pumps. The risk can even be corrected, so really there's nothing much to lose.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#11 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

I'm in the process of resurrecting a dead SM1500 with a ruptured airtank. It just takes time, patience, and a hell of a lot of Plumber's goop.

Is the leak right on the airtank, or somwhere else? If you do have any success, could you let me know 'cause my 1500 has a crack right on the airtank. I've used tons of goop, but with no success. It would be nice to know that there is a solution. Good Luck.
Ride it like it's stolen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users