Photo

Hcml Breech Write-up

5 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 04:41 PM

After seeing Sinfil's post here about his dart/stefans made out of arrow segments. I made some and loved the results out of my titan, and the impact of the large caliber dart. They are shot out of 1'' PVC.
Posted Image
I wanted to increase the ROF of this, and created a Breech out of spare PVC parts. So here we go.

Renegade's high caliber arrow dart breech write-up!

Materials

1 1/4'' PVC
1'' PVC
1/2'' PVC coupler
E-Tape/duct tape
Glue or other adheisive
Dremel for cutting the breech

Step one-- Cut a 4-5 inch section of 1 1/4 PVC. Then cut a rectangular hole that is big enough to let the arrow dart drop in.
Posted Image

Step two-- Cut a section of 1'' PVC however long you want your barrel to be. Be sure to sand out the edge which goes into the breech, or it will smash your arrows.
Wrap one end in E-Tape until there is enough of a seal, but still able to move to open the breech.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Step three-- I then taped some e-tape on the INSIDE of the 1 1/4 PVC where it would seal the 1'' PVC in the breech.
Posted Image

Step four-- Cut a small section around 2 inches long of 1'' PVC. Wrap it in E-Tape until it fits very snugg in the 1 1/4 PVC. This will be stuck in the end of the breech which is closest to your air source. Sand out this piece, so it can fit a 1/2'' PVC coupler there. Then glue it to assure a good seal.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Step five-- And now you should have a completed breech. Which should look somewhat like this.
Posted Image
(The breech is halfway open)

Hope you like it and find it useful. This is a great method to use up arrows from the new BBB's or Big Salvos. It is also good for making high powered guns, like Titans and sm5k's war legal.

#2 Denaeron 12

Denaeron 12

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 05:36 PM

Beautiful...
It looks a lot like the m-203 grenade launcher used by the army.
Official Leader of the Nonsense Brigade
Yes, I'm the Cliff Claven of the Internet.

#3 Greek Assassin

Greek Assassin

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:56 PM

How are these "Magnum" stefans flying? I would assume that they would be more accurate than other darts on windy days. About how far are they shooting out of your titan?
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:27 PM

I like it.

All she needs is a magazine system.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#5 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

I need to pick myself up some 1 1/4" pvc, i attached some 1 inch to my AT2k, its so awesome, its got major power.

#6 fobpawwor

fobpawwor

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

This is very similar to unknown's breech. Its a great improvement because you tried to seal in the air by using electrical tape. Nice idea, I am planning on making a breech similar to this, but it is opened by pump or bolt action. So far, its coming along great. Now, its just a matter of some time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users