Ninja style!

15 replies to this topic

#1 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:29 PM

South Jersey Ninja NERF Outing 06

Me and my friends have been longboarding at a park 15 minutes from my house for some time now. We explored the entire area a while back and found that some parts would make for a great NERF outing.

Basicaly this is the thread to get things rolling. Who is interested in comming? I'd like to see the DCN come up here :P.

June weekends:
Saturdays: 3, 10, 17, 24
Sundays: 4, 11, 18, 25

PARK LOCATION(Edit): I dont have the exact address as of right now, but the park is in mantua. That should be enough to get you an idea of drive time. I will get the exact address as the time draws closer.

Here are the pics:

This area is a large, fairly flat grass feild with many many trees in a sort of random grid. Each tree is anywhere from a few meters to 10 meters apart. This is probably the best area of the park and should suit our needs perfectly. Very large and spacious. Two sides have a paved path wich can be used as boundires. Plenty of trees and space to make each round different from the last. CTF (two or one flag) and team slayers (3/15 rule) would work great here.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This spot here on the corner of the feild would be the staging area. We can stash our stuff here and use this as a "safe" zone for people who have been eliminated from the game:
Posted Image

This is the wooded area of the park. It has a very long trail going through it with cover on all sides. The brush isnt very thick though. I do know that some people dont like woods NERFing but we can try it if we get bored with the above area wich I think would suit our needs much better.
Posted Image

This is me showing off on the very steep driveway :D
Posted Image

Edited by NinjZ, 24 March 2006 - 03:31 PM.

#2 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:45 PM

If the date were to be in May or June, I'd be interested. Where in south jersey are we talking about?
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#3 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:20 PM

The park is in Mantua, the glouscter ( wow, cant spell that..) county area. I will get an exact address for the park as time draws closer and more interest gets peaked.

May or June sounds fine to me. Anyone apposed to these months? Lets keep throwing up months and dates so we can widdle things down.

Edit: I edited my original post and put the town the park is located so you guys can figure out an estimated drive time.

Edited by NinjZ, 17 March 2006 - 08:07 PM.

#4 theyellowdartmti

theyellowdartmti

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:42 PM

Somewhere in June sounds good, when everyone gets out of school for their summer break. That would probably be the best for everyone. No?

-dart
Active at NHQ, as theyellowdartmti

#5 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:42 PM

About how far is this from gastonia N.C.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#6 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:49 PM

I might come if I am given an exact address. If you give us this, I assume there would be alot more interest, so I would suggest posting where exactly this is. I am in Morris County, NJ, and may be willing to drive down there. If the war is sometime in late june, this would be great because in mid june i leave for Long Beach Island for the entire summer. This is located in south New Jersey, so I may be able to attend.

Just for all you NJ guys, if any of you are not aware, there is a NJ war comming up April 1st in north NJ. There is a thread on this also in the wars thread, so check it out and let us know if you can come.

P.S.- The area you are planning to have the war in is looking good. If you get a war going, its going to be great. Hope you get this war started!
Member of Team Stealth

-Check it out and vote in our poll!

#7 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:26 PM

Lets do it. In fact I'll come up (since your pretty much right over the bridge) and we can do a smallish type thing to test it out first, mainly because I've been itching to shoot something. Drop me a line and let me know when your thinking and I'll get right on it. I work on the weekends again and they're pretty much set, so I can't switch around with people. Give me a couple of dates and I'll tell you what I can do.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#8 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

It's looking like July is going to be our best bet. Perhaps a friday ( to accomodate for Talys work schedual )?

Fridays in July = the 7th, 14th, 21st and the 28th.

Saturdays = 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, and the 29th.
Sundays = 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th.

#9 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:23 PM

Set it, them i'll be there. Fridays will not work for me, only weekends.
I hate you.

#10 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

If NerfMonkey goes, he may be able to pursuade my parents to let me go. But I'll talk to him and then his parents, and then mine. I'll add a few more posts (hopefully) to keep you posted.
Been a while.
#bro

#11 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:35 AM

I'll definately go as long as it's on the weekend, like OMC, I can't do Friday's.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#12 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

OK since weekdays seem to be bad for most people we'll have to do it on a weekend and hope the viking can take a day off. It seems like most people can make it in June.

I originally messed up and put the july dates by accident...Here are the June ones.

June weekends:
Saturdays: 3, 10, 17, 24
Sundays: 4, 11, 18, 25

I would think somthing closer to the end of the month would be better perhaps?

Edited by NinjZ, 20 March 2006 - 02:23 PM.

#13 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:29 AM

About how far is this from gastonia N.C.

Oh, about...nine hours, give or take a half hour or so.

I can do any weekend in June. I'll be there, like OMC said, give me a date and I should be able to make it.

Hope to see everyone there, I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 22 March 2006 - 03:31 PM.

SexD Warves

#14 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:11 PM

When I get home tonight I'll post what dates work best for me. I will also be posting a nerf wars thread with ALL the upcoming wars from the April 1st North NJ war through the end of the summer. It's just an easier way to keep track until something else is set up to take care of this.

I vote for:
ANY weekend in june OR
July the 29th. It's the 2nd weekend after I get back from Armageddon.

If we don't use the July date, I'll think about hosting Hershfest on that date.

Edited by One Man Clan, 23 March 2006 - 07:30 AM.

I hate you.

#15 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:50 PM

How about we keep SJNNO in june that way you can use that july date for hershfest.

The month is officially going to be june. If anyone has any problems with any of the weekends, post now and we can plan accordingly. If no one has a problem with any, I guess Ill just pick one or you guys can make a suggestion.

#16 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:31 PM

JZ, I would just pick one if noone posts about conflicts in the next 48 hrs or so.
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users