Nerf Mafia

Southwest Ohio's Game of Choice

11 replies to this topic

#1 Hotness

Hotness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:46 AM

Hey, this is the game we play around here. I am Nick and Buckeyenerfer is Phillip, Dayne used to run the show.

Nerf Mafia (Version 3) Revised Rules

Rule Making
1. Nick E. and Wade G.will take over for Dayne and be in charge of the game. He will hand out rule packets, team assignments, make rule decisions, ect.
2. There will be a council who will vote on rule changes and/or act as a judicial system should one be needed. A majority ruling will be needed to pass or fail any amendment to, or removal of rules. The council will consist of Dayne S., Josh S., Wade G., Nick E., and Phillip M., with additional members to be appointed later.

Team Rules
1. Teams will be comprised of five members.
2. Players must currently attend Eaton High School.
3. No one member of any team will have any more power than any other member of their or any other team.
4. Team members may not kill each other, unless the team has come to a majority decision that the person has in some way betrayed the team.

Individual Rules
1. Any member of one team may kill any member of any other team.
2. A player may ‘commit suicide’ by shooting his or herself. At least one member of the council must be present at the time of death.
3. It is not necessary to “call-out” an individual before killing them.
4. A player may not physically restrain another player in order to stop them from killing someone or to better their own ability to make a kill
5. Once a player is dead they have the ability to ‘take a bullet’ for another player by physically blocking the shot, as long as they do not physically render the shooter unable to shoot. (Civilians also have the ability to take a bullet.)

Gun Rules and Regulations
1. Only Nerf or off-brand Nerf weapons may be used with the exception of PVC blowguns. (Homemade guns, Airsoft guns, and paintball guns are illegal.)
2. PVC blowguns must be made of ½ PVC and cannot exceed three feet in length.
3. Modified guns are now allowed.
4. Players may block shots with their weapons without dying.
5. Players may only use forms of darts, microdarts, or ballistic balls.

Halo Rule
1. All players are safe, on regular school days, between 7:15 AM and 2:30 PM. This time will fluctuate with school delays. For example, on days with one hour delays, the Halo Rule does not take effect until 8:15 AM, and so on.
2. Players are safe at all times while inside the school, in their places of employment, during school sponsored events in which they are participating, and during their respective athletic practices.
3. It is not against the rules to shoot other players in the school parking lot, although it is discouraged.

Edited by Hotness, 18 March 2006 - 12:56 PM.

Holla Holla Hotness Nerfwhores!
Proud to be a member of the Wolfpac and co-captain the Empire

#2 Dragonteuthis

Dragonteuthis

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:47 AM

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I feel that the use of words like "kill," "death," and "suicide" does not speak well for the mental stability of the rules authors.

#3 Hotness

Hotness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 05:39 PM

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I feel that the use of words like "kill," "death," and "suicide" does not speak well for the mental stability of the rules authors.

They are Nerf GUNS, or would you rather them be called 'Projectile Ejectors'?

#4 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:31 PM

I believe then that the RF20, WF, and PC are "Projectile Ejaculators."

That is really alll I had to say, so I'll try and make a relevant post now...

There was a news article on this, and about five topics related to that article, posted on this forum last year. I think. Another thing is that modified terms of "out" would get boring and quite annoying if they replaced the terms "kill," "death," and "suicide." That and he he had posted something the the effect of "to get hit with a legal...dart? shot? what?," "got hit by a legal _____," and "fucked up and doesn't want to play anymore" we'd probably laugh at him. Really, there's no correct answer for that...

Yeah, I think I'm gonna just say CTF all the way... Nice setup, or at least the parts I read were put together nicely.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#5 Hotness

Hotness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:51 PM

I thank you... we try. :P

#6 Cooter

Cooter

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:06 PM

I think that the nerf mafia is a great setup. I can't wait to get in on the action. Nice job Hotness.

#7 buckeyenerfer

buckeyenerfer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:59 PM

yea, i would agree, the NERF Mafia... is one of the greatest games ever... nerf wars may be fun, but the mafia, does not have a set time, it could last an entire year to get a winner, and you are always on edge because you must always, ALWAYS watch your back, and make sure you are carrying AT ALL TIMES, i enjoy the game, and wish that the current game would end, and we could get goin on game number 3!

#8 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:14 AM

The fact that dead players and friends of targets can get in the way of darts is bullshit.
Soon you guys will find this very frustrating. Now there is nothing stopping them from running right in your face and blocking any possible clean shot you had. This becomes irritating and childish. The mere thought of this made me ban ghost players taking bullets for anyone in the clan wars.

Targets also now have the reason to run behind civillians just walking along the street for cover. I remember chasing this girl with a modded supersoaker and she was walking crunched over and slow behind this couple walking their dog. Ill bet she thought she was safe but If I thought I had a shot or misfired and hit a civillian then shit would hit the fan.

This sounds like a school based version of assassin and I hope you guys are having alot of fun. I suggest you allow modifcations though. If someone is willing to take the time to mod their guns, they should be able to use them and have earned the right to have the upper edge on anyone who doesnt mod.

Based on the fact that modding is illegal, it sounds more of like an Assassin diet or soft assassin or calorie free assassin or assassin now fat free!

Hope you guys have fun.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 18 March 2006 - 02:15 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#9 buckeyenerfer

buckeyenerfer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:36 AM

we changed that rule.... i am not sure if hotness(nick) in the rules, realized that custom guns are the same as modded guns, but like two rules down from the one that states custom guns are illegal, it reads as above... 3. Modified guns are now allowed.

#10 Hotness

Hotness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:54 PM

we changed that rule.... i am not sure if hotness(nick) in the rules, realized that custom guns are the same as modded guns, but like two rules down from the one that states custom guns are illegal, it reads as above... 3. Modified guns are now allowed.

Yeah, sorry that was kind of a last minute amedment to the rules.

Oh, and Forsaken_angel24, we have the council in place so that the blocking doesn't get out of hand.

#11 buckeyenerfer

buckeyenerfer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:59 PM

yes, we had a case of the blocking getting out of hand in the first game, by someone who was already dead, and no one did anything about it, so we have formed the "council" to decide wether or not it was legal or not, in the case i am takling about one guy was allowing 2 others hide in his car and lock themselves in, and then physically tackled someone attempting to make a kill, and that person was killed as a result of being tackled, so this is why we have implemented the council to confer on this rule, and anyother questionable actions.

#12 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:35 PM

yes, we had a case of the blocking getting out of hand in the first game, by someone who was already dead, and no one did anything about it, so we have formed the "council" to decide wether or not it was legal or not, in the case i am takling about one guy was allowing 2 others hide in his car and lock themselves in, and then physically tackled someone attempting to make a kill, and that person was killed as a result of being tackled, so this is why we have implemented the council to confer on this rule, and anyother questionable actions.

Please work on your posts.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users