Photo

Accesories, Accesories...

10 replies to this topic

#1 NirvanaScorpion

NirvanaScorpion

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:37 AM

Im trying to modify my guns, also I want to put some accesories on them. Im waiting for when i can start building my nerf rifle because I really want to put a scope on there. Anyone have any way to buy oir make a cheap scope, or something I can use as a laser targeter? Then I could just glue it on top. If any one has any other accesory ideas, please post here! :)
"If rock n rolls illegal throw my a** in jail" - Kurt Cobain

Guitar Heroes-Jimmy Paige, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain

Newly Found(thanks General)-Yngwie Malmstein, this guy is an accoustic expert.

#2 Spartan064

Spartan064

• Banned
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:37 PM

If yer reely desperate u can use a sprinkler casing as a scope. Scopes ar really just for show but u cood prolly calibrate the scope for a certin range by tilting it n glueing it
"Giggity!" - Quagmire

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:40 PM

If yer reely desperate u can use a sprinkler casing as a scope. Scopes ar really just for show but u cood prolly calibrate the scope for a certin range by tilting it n glueing it

Read the Code of Conduct before you post again.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 NirvanaScorpion

NirvanaScorpion

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:21 PM

Cx, I know you quoted him but i just want to be safe, did you mean I did soemthing wrong or him?

#5 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:45 PM

Cx, I know you quoted him but i just want to be safe, did you mean I did soemthing wrong or him?

He meant Spartan. No worries.

Getting back to your question, you can pick up a nice 4x20 scope from your local Sporting Goods store relatively cheap. Additionally, laser pointers are pretty widely available. However, I'll urge you to keep a few things in mind:

1) Aiming devices are a crutch in Nerf. They are worse than useless; they are actually a hindrance. It is always better to simply have a natural understanding of your weapons' aim. Optics and lasers cannot predict a Nerf dart as accurately as your brain can.

2) Laser pointers have limited legality in a number of areas. Additionally, even if legal, they can be harmful to your fellow Nerfers and passers-by. I do not recommend them.

3) Scopes and lasers might look cool, but keep in mind that they are adding unnecessary bulk to your weaponry. This can be extremely hindering in areas in which you have limited mobility.

Now, if you've read all three of those warnings and you still want a scope or a laser, more power to ya. Just be sure to post pictures of your finished product.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#6 NirvanaScorpion

NirvanaScorpion

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:50 PM

Ok thanks. I understand what your saying. Still as I want a scope, I will however probably take your advice on laser pointers and wait until more mission type wars arise. If thats soon than the pics will have a laser on it. But thank you for the info.

#7 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:16 PM

You can pick upi cheap scopes at Walmart. BUT don't. Scopes don't belong on Nerf guns and they'll just mess you and the gun up.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#8 NirvanaScorpion

NirvanaScorpion

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:27 PM

Hmm, now that I do think about it, It might be better off without...Ok, thank you for the help everybody.

#9 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:03 PM

If you're more of the modder/collector type nerfer, then it's not a bad idea. It adds to the aesthetics quite nicely and you'll be sure to get "wow's" from friends. If you are really into this catagory, then I'd almost suggest you start work in home-mades because those leave more room for creative thinking and design.
Indiana '11

#10 Devil11

Devil11

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:29 PM

i weighted my maverick on the buttstock after the Brass barrel conversion was done. after that it became pretty well balanced. the weight i used is a stick-backed tire weight i had from my shop,but you may be able to pick them up at NAPA.

I'd advise against much more than that,simply because they tend to get out whack and be clumsy after a while
"I swear to god if they had seen the way i had dressed at the world's fairgrounds today back in 1964,there'd be panic in the streets.

#11 darkmills

darkmills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:56 PM

Hey, a cool little mod I did to my airtech was cut the top of of a water bottle and blue it to the side of the gun. then useing multiple caps I attached accesories such as pocket lasers, mag lights, ammo holders, ect. pretty nifty.

Edited by darkmills, 17 March 2006 - 07:56 PM.

I'M THE MAJORITY OF THE MINORITY FOLKS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users