Kirby Puckett

Needs mentioning

5 replies to this topic

#1 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:18 PM

As many of you are aware, Kirby Puckett died yesterday of a stroke. He was 45 years old. This makes him the 2nd youngest baseball hall-of-famer to die, next to Lou Gehrig (age 37).

I'm taking the time to mention this because I'm an avid Minnesota Twins fan, and Kirby was one of my childhood heroes. He helped lead the Twins to two World Series Titles (1987, 1991). His death was a blow to me, as well as our state.

My apologies if you find this to be too far off-topic, but I feel his name had to be mentioned. If you wish to pay respects, I encourage it. This one's for you Kirby!

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#2 XxCoMmAnDoxX

XxCoMmAnDoxX

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:10 PM

No it's cool man...I live in Mn. I will probably going to the metrodome to pay my tribute to the greatest athlete from Mn ever.
You cant KILL if you're already DEAD!

#3 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:01 AM

I'll always remember him being a truley nice guy. As a kid i remember going to royals games and seeing him so happy out there. He just seemed like a really nice guy.

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:37 PM

Ya he was one of my favorite players, and its a shame. He gained way too much weight. He was like 360 pounds and you gotta watch your weight when you get that heavy.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 frenzybob3

frenzybob3

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

Yep i am a big baseball fan, but of the Cubs. I have to say it is sad to see Kirby go. He was one of the greatest to ever play the game. I like the twins and i loved to watch him play.

-jake
Its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog.

Duh im gangster just look at my nerf gun.

#6 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:32 AM

And Christopher Reeve's wife, rather irrelevant, but a real downer for their son. The things that child has been through at his age...
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users