My Birthday Is Coming Up...

What should i ask for?

9 replies to this topic

#1 six-hungry-ducks

six-hungry-ducks

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:40 PM

My birthday is coming up, and people have been asking me what I want. What do you guys think I should get? I think I might ask for night vision goggles ( been wantin' a pair of those for a while). If I can't get those because of how much they are, I'll probably ask for a coulple of nerf guns, like the bbb on ebay. I don't really play games much any more on Plastation2 or Xbox ( except Halo), I just play DoD and CS sometimes on PC. I do play Game Boy Advance alot because I go on trips with my family alot, so does anyone know any good games on GBA? I usually play action games. Thank You.
"It's never the obvious..." -Me
"Trust no one, not even yourself" -Me
"Hey I was watching that!" "It'll be on next Christmas" "Who the hell knows when that's gonna be?" -Peter Griffin

#2 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 03:52 PM

Doom is on the GBA.

Screw the BBB, it's overpriced and obsolete. Get a Max Shot.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#3 six-hungry-ducks

six-hungry-ducks

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 04:04 PM

I already have Doom. I was thinking about maybe Duke Nukem. Friday I'm going to toys r us and I'll take your advice and get a Max Shot.
"Hey I was watching that!" "It'll be on next Christmas" "Who the hell knows when that's gonna be?" -Peter Griffin

#4 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 04:48 PM

If you like ... turn-based strategy, Advance Wars is a great game for the GBA in that department. Even better for multiplayer. And you can't go wrong with the classic Mario ports, Mario 3 and Super Mario World especially. :(
"The 'dance goes on..."

#5 Nerf Master

Nerf Master

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:05 PM

As for the GBA, if you're into these types of genres, then a lot of people recommend Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Wario Ware Inc, Super Mario advance 2 or 3, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Mario Kart Advance, or Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland.Moreover, if you just have a GBA as opposed to the GBA SP, you might want to research into getting an Afterburner.

Also, if you're not finding interest in your X-box or PS2, you could always pick up a used Super Nintendo to play many affordable classic titles at home.

And definetely pick up a Max Shot. May want to get some brass piping with it.

#6 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 09:27 AM

Dude, screw all that stuff, ask for a large hunk of U - 235
Name's Ash, Housewares

#7 six-hungry-ducks

six-hungry-ducks

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 09:38 AM

Thanks guys. You all have helped alot. I just have a normal GBA, not an SP, so I'll get an afterburner too. I wish this was out. It looks cool. The sims on GBA. Wow. I also read in a Game Informer magazine that simcity is coming out for the GBA also. For now I'll probably just get whatever I see at Toys R' Us.

#8 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 11:05 AM

Mail order bride dude, all the way.

#9 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 02:59 PM

Umm AFAIK the Afterburner requires you to have to install it yourself, which means soldering shit. So if yo can do that, great.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#10 six-hungry-ducks

six-hungry-ducks

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 03:15 PM

Umm AFAIK the Afterburner requires you to have to install it yourself, which means soldering shit. So if yo can do that, great.

No I can't. Damn. Oh, well I'll just get some guns or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users