Photo

Easy Repair For Leaks In Plastic.

5 replies to this topic

#1 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:55 PM

OK this is my first time doing this because my friends have some broken nerf guns the wanted me to repaire them one of them was a SSII. ( not mine my friends. ) It had a crack on the thing the plunger goes in to shoot the darts so I thought why not melt a plastic coat hanger. So I got one and I got a stick lighter and melted and smoothed down the plastic and it works perfect.

Edited by sistermol, 14 March 2006 - 06:20 PM.

Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#2 CaMbLaM

CaMbLaM

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:46 AM

If I understand you correctly, the same thing happened to my first shot. I just retired the gun, but I suppose you could try fixing it.

#3 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:08 PM

If I understand you correctly, the same thing happened to my first shot. I just retired the gun, but I suppose you could try fixing it.

Do you mean you want me to fix your gun I'd be happy to.

#4 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:24 PM

No, he is suggesting you try fixing you own gun anyway, even though his repair didn't work out.

You people have no grasp of how to interpret sentences when given in a certain context. It's time to learn.

Plumber's GOOP is a good option for making airtight seals in plastics and metal pipes. Smear some over a crack and leave it for 24 hours; it'll be good as new.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#5 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:21 PM

When I did this I wanted a quick semi-permanent fix.

#6 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:06 PM

If you really wanted it to go that much faster, you could have used a blowdryer to make the GOOP hold sooner. The only thing is that it would be more likely to rupture. I would've done the blowdried GOOP and then redone it later when I had the time.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users