Photo

Indoor War Darts?

30 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 03:08 PM

OK I am having the last indoor war of the year at my house in a little while and I don't want to use stefans because they are a bit too powerful and stock darts have too little power so I wanted to know of a dart that are in between the two. Any ideas or darts people have used?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#2 CaMbLaM

CaMbLaM

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 03:13 PM

I might try either smaller weights, no weights, or use put some fbr in front of the tip. Or a combination of smaller weights and fbr in front of the tip.

#3 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:12 PM

matchsticks?
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:35 PM

CAmblam I like the idea of FBR on the tip.
Aren't matchsticks hotglued on the top?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:39 PM

No machsticks have plastidip on the tip.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:43 PM

O ok, Let me clear something up, I want a soft tip on the darts.
Thanks for the suggestions anyone else have ideas?

#7 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

Weigh down stephans with airsoft BBs.

#8 schoute1587

schoute1587

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

I'm sorry but if you can't handle regular stefans then that's just sad. I got shot one foot away with an at2k and I was fine.
"The Big E"

#9 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:58 PM

He never said he couldn't make stephans he said that they were to powerful and probably said this because they might dent the wall not because they hurt.

Edited by sistermol, 10 March 2006 - 04:59 PM.

#10 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:22 PM

Make regualr stefans, but place a peice of sponge on the tip while it dries. This will take the shock from impact.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#11 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

I know you wrote stock darts are to weak, but with modded guns they can get similar ranges of stephans. Are you using modded guns or unmodded? If you change your mind, I can sell you 75 new nerf micros to help you out with your war.

Edited by Rip32, 10 March 2006 - 05:23 PM.

http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#12 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

I'm sorry but if you can't handle regular stefans then that's just sad.  I got shot one foot away with an at2k and I was fine.

Kid what are talking about, I never said I couldn't handle them. I just said that I want darts with a soft tips because we play in a small area( 4 rooms) and I don't want them to mark up the walls too bad. THANkYOU Sistermol.

Um rip how much for the stock darts even though I have 113 stocks.

Lastman alive- have youy tried that idea before, it sounds good.

Edited by nerfer34, 10 March 2006 - 06:16 PM.

#13 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

...and fbr in front of the tip.

I second that idea. It was in my head the whole time. The main reson why I haven't used stefans yet is 1. They dent walls, I like to shoot my guns indoors. 2. I bet the hot glue tips kill on bare skin! And welts. I don't wanna be walking home with welts on me. I'm not saying that I'm a panzee here, but when me and my friends use my guns and have a tiny little war, their yonger brothers also play with us. And I don't want them to cry when they get shot with them.

Seriously, has anyone ever tried puting a small rounded tip of FBR on the front of their stefans?
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#14 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

I'm sorry but if you can't handle regular stefans then that's just sad. I got shot one foot away with an at2k and I was fine.

Are you serious I shoot my friend with a singled 2k from like a foot away and he has two welts on his arm from the same dart. Well they arent so much welts as they are scabs. But my singled 2K is a beast cause I can pump it 8 times no problem. I cut the tank open and super glued everything together so it can handle much more pressure. No joke either and there isnt really a way for me to prove it so yeah I just wouldnt lie on a nerf fourm to make you guys think any better of me.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#15 SpectreX

SpectreX

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

I would recommend the 1105 "matchstick" rounds. They get much better power than stock, but the plastidip tips won't mess up the walls.

#16 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:30 PM

SG Pilot; I've tried doing it, but getting a top that is as round or aerodynamic as the hot glue is hard, and I lose range and accuracy using darts with foam tips.

~ompa

#17 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:40 PM

I would like to draw your attention to these.

Edit: Found at your local walmart. a 16pack for $1.99. Alot cheaper than Nerfs dollar per whistler bulshit. (within a week 8 of the heads had fallen off.)

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 10 March 2006 - 10:24 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#18 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:44 PM

Thanks guys for feedback
-Forsaken I would try that but I don't now where to get those darts( i've never seen them)
-Ompa if you put a pices of FBR over than hotglue will it shoot further than stock?

-Isn't plastidip hard when it dries like hotglue?

- And nerf guns can definitly leave welts but they still don't hurt.

#19 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:18 PM

You can find those darts here , but I don't know where you can buy them.

From what I've heard, plasti-dip is significantly softer than hot glue, but I'm not sure.

- And nerf guns can definitly leave welts but they still don't hurt.

Agreed. I have had some serious welts, but darts don't hurt. (unless you get shot in the eye, but that's completely different.)

Probably dead by now, or something.

#20 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:43 PM

Thing is, most of the guns that I have either shoot stock or stefans, so I really have no adequate way to test them against eachother, except in my Nitefinders.

However at this point all my stock micros have been used to make different versions of stefans, so I really am unable to test them.

I'd say there's a small loss in range, and also a hit in accuracy. But that may just be coincidence.

~ompa

#21 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:30 PM

I've got those 16 dart refill packs at TRU for about 5 bucks canadian per pack. They outperform stock nerf darts too.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#22 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:41 PM

I no longer am allowed to do anything that involves shooting indoors...too many "accidents." Yeah, umm: SuperSoaker + 1/2oz. Stefan + human shoulder = world of hurt^lots of bleeding. Nerf can hurt. Actually, it just made him literally fall to the ground after forcing his shoulder back 4". No scar tissue, that's a good sign...Best part is, full feeling returned to the area after an hour. Yeah, I'll stick with lower BC and higher SD projectiles now...

Ompa, didn't you create that topic about Stefans with FBR over the tips of them? I think, I will search and find it. Well, here it is. I guess it was 3DBBQ. Well, I still gave credit. Hopefully he doesn't hunt me down with a newer gun than his bullpups and whatnots that he has an awefully good habit at making deadly effective. *scurries away to find cannon* *found it in signature* *turns on shop compressor*

Would this technique work with 1.5"x4" foam?
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#23 Valar

Valar

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 03:59 PM

I'll agree with stefans not being good for indoor use. I was just screwing around with a 3 foot length of petg, and used it as a blow gun with a stefan. I blew the dart across my living room and it hit a window. The window is definetly cracked now, not broken, but cracked for sure. I won't use stefans indoors anymore.

#24 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

I'm sorry but if you can't handle regular stefans then that's just sad.  I got shot one foot away with an at2k and I was fine.

Kid what are talking about, I never said I couldn't handle them. I just said that I want darts with a soft tips because we play in a small area( 4 rooms) and I don't want them to mark up the walls too bad. THANkYOU Sistermol.

Um rip how much for the stock darts even though I have 113 stocks.

Lastman alive- have youy tried that idea before, it sounds good.

I have not tried that idea, but it HAS been done and posted before. I believe someones parents didn't like the fact that stefans left welts, and in order to play with better ammo, they put sponge over the hot glue on the darts when they dried. This does rack the price of making stefans up some, but it is a great way to use the full range out of your nerf blasters without the trouble of leaving holes in the walls.

NOTE: Even WITH these darts, 2Ks, modded Titans, SM5Ks and other high powered guns should be avoided. Especially with your small area you all will be nerfing in. It's just too risky with guns that leave more than welts with regular darts.

Edit: Didn't buzzbee come out with nerfdarts where the suction tip doesn't go over the whole side of the dart? Thus, it would fit in CPVC. Try those.

Edited by LastManAlive, 11 March 2006 - 05:15 PM.

He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#25 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:06 AM

SG Pilot; I've tried doing it, but getting a top that is as round or aerodynamic as the hot glue is hard, and I lose range and accuracy using darts with foam tips.

~ompa

I wasn't completely confident about doing that, but I suppose matchsticks are the right thing to do. The only problem is can you fit them into a PVC barrel or would you just have to shoot them out of CPVC where they are not all the way in the barrel? If I make stefans, I shall make matchsticks.
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users