Transforming Tek Review.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:36 PM

Transforming Tek

The transforming tek is Buzzbees spin off of the titan in the whole unity aspect of things.
It is however nowhere close to the size of the Nstrike set as you can see here.

Posted Image

The gun breaks apart into four different guns. 1 big gun and 1 small sidearm and 2 even smaller sidearms.

Posted Image

All of the smaller guns snap together to create a giant blaster. Simply snap the guns into place and cock them. The cool part is after cocking the large gun the cocking handle gets pulled back into the gun redcing its size. This next part was never advertised but should have been. You now have two options. Pull the trigger half way firing the three small guns or pull it all that way and fire all four. Works like the splitfire but with spring.

The only problem about this gun is that you would never hit a person in front of you with all four darts if they were standing 10 feet away. When joined together this gun is designed to spray. The small side guns shoot diagonally outwards from the target which might guarentee a hit if a target is dodging. The top gun shoots slightly upwards in case your target jumps.... I guess. and the big gun shoots straight.

Idividual stock ranges.

Big gun-30
medium gun-19 feet
small gun -29 feet

Thats right the little guys have a lot of kick. Only problem is they got the small handles and are hard to aim because of it. It is easier to aim than the sspb and you dont have to worry about a quick trigger pull like in air guns. I have a great feeling on the modding potential for these little guys. To say the least, this is the most powerful gun I have held for its size. I would take one of these over a sspb anyday.

Here is a pic of the comparison between buzzbees transforming tek little gun next to my modded nerf sspb.
Posted Image

In conclusion I feel that the Transforming tek was a great buy for $12.99 Canadian.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:43 PM

If you ever get internal pics up... That's be awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing if these things actually DO have modding potential or not.

~ompa

#3 CrooKeD

CrooKeD

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:32 PM

That little guy holds one of my kills in a nerf game. My team was low on moral until I used the small gun to get a kill, my first kill at that too.
War Count(14) HBH 1-3, Massacre 1-4, Vengeance, Vengeance 3, APOC 2008, APOC 2009, APOC 2010, Scano 4-6
Next War Attending: Hell Before Halloween

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:36 PM

Upon Ompas request I opened some of these guys and took some pics.

Here is a pic of the little ones internals.
Posted Image
Its a strange design kind of like the scout but not because the spring is still inside whats being cocked. My main conern is the epoxy covering the front where it looks like it twists off. I want to open this anybody got any ideas on how to get past this?

Here is a pic of me holding the front end while pulling the other end back. You can see where they epoxied the rim to the shell. It is strange but all those scratch marks on the outer barrel were there when I opened it
This is the shaft where the dart goes.
Posted Image

I opened up the medium one and wrapped some e-tape over the slit where the air was coming out in the barrel. I got a range increase of 4 feet but the barrel wasnt snapping back into place as fast as it woul due to the fact that the e-tape was slowing it down. This will need to be internally E-taped which will be a bitch. Also, after even 1 shot the e-tape started shredding.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to make these little babies fire with more oompf?

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 05 March 2006 - 11:37 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users