Photo

Crossfire Help!

4 replies to this topic

#1 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:02 PM

I was in the middle of a nerf war the other day and I went to shoot a tagger dart out of my crossfire and it went about 5 feet and dropped out of the air. I went to shoot the next dart and it went normal range. Can anyone tell me why this happened and what I can do to fix it? Thanks

Edited by PiMpDaDdY, 09 March 2006 - 07:03 PM.

NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#2 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:07 PM

Because the dart was probably too loose and thus it didn't activate the air restricor.
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#3 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:08 PM

The dart was in as far as it can go and it still went 5 feet.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#4 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:02 PM

What crappy nerfer is saying is that when darts get worn in and the foam loses its firmness the dart/barrel friction decreases and the dart gets pushed forwards by the spring in the air restrictor, whether or not you put it back all the way.

Edited by euphemism, 09 March 2006 - 09:03 PM.

#5 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:09 PM

The only way to fix this problem for good is to take out the air restrictors.

otherwise, you will have to just deal with it, stock crossfires are picky,(as are most of the new stock guns...) and some or most of your darts won't fire.

Also, the classic airjet red micros and the new whistler darts almost never have this problem, so use those if you don't plan on modding it.

Probably dead by now, or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users