Photo

New York Nerf War

51 replies to this topic

#26 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 03:53 PM

Here is where we're going to have it. And I'll talk to you on aim leftnut, my Sn is Snowwhizii.

#27 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:38 PM

there is a 10' tower that can hold four people at the top, and the layout is amazing. its almost a perfect spot for wars. there are jungle gyms which are great for hiding in at night, or for camping (if thats your style) the best part about this location is that there is always more than one way to get somewhere, and you won't often get caught under fire, with no way out.

a few rules: (these may change by request)

all darts larger than a mega, i.e. a missile are an automatic kill. this can be changed if it is not popular. arrows count for at least two oridnary shots though.

special ammo (blood tears, custom shot pellets, etc.) are allowed, but bring other ammo, as last minute inspection (you get to shoot me) may temporerily ban them for the war.

bring lots of ammo, as much as you can carry

no titans if you use them for darts (arrow rule applies though, so these aren't banned)

no sm5k's. period, they're just too powerful, unless you want to use arrows on them.

airtechs are banned... just kidding, bring 50 for all I care. ^_^

pistols might be required, for certain games. its okay if you don't have one. we will lend you one.

automatic weapons are encouraged, as we have none...yet.

losing is allowed.

headshots will not be counted at when in melee range (about 3-4'). melee rule will come into effect

melee rule -you may melee someone for an instant kill from the back or on the head. a melee to the front counts for half of your life, and two in rapid succession are allowed.

other rules will be posted by z80 or I, and as stated before, requests will be taken into consideration
razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

#28 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:56 PM

Mike, please stop posting rules that we haven't even agreed on. If you checked our forums, we actually completely changed the rules. Also, stop posting your opinions without discussing it with me and kenji.

#29 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:34 PM

Al, you never told me the adress to the forum. also, PM me if you are directing a message only to me.
razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

#30 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:47 PM

I think we should just go with the usual rules. You have 3 lives, you get hit once and you lose one, you count to 10 out loud and call clear when no one is in firing range. If you are close to someone and they don't want to be shot they can call tap and you just have to tap them with your barrel. If you are sneaking up on someone and are close enough you can just tap them with your barrel. Simple rules, no special hits that do extra damage or anything like that. Thats what I have played at all the big jersey wars I've been to, it works really well.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#31 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, we're still figuring out rules since we are all kinda noobs, we now have like completely insano rules and stuff.

#32 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:06 PM

Yea just go with simple rules and it works really well. No special life counter thing and bonus damage. Just simple bam you are shot, you are dead deal.

Edited by leftnut, 13 March 2006 - 09:04 PM.

"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."

#33 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:59 AM

As leftnut said, organize yourselves, and I'm sure I can scare up some NJ nerfers to go. Including myself, Evil, Warlock, and perhaps more.
I hate you.

#34 Greek Assassin

Greek Assassin

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:31 PM

I could bring 3-4 people from NYC.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#35 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:13 PM

we are recruiting a few new nerfers right now, so we may keep our 2 hit kill rule, but that's just for this month, or less.

BTW, leftnut, my friend told me that somehow, his brother, pete williams is friends with your brother. so that makes you my friend's brother's friend's brother...anyway,we hear that you and your clan are very good, and most of us are newbs, but a more problematic issue, is that a few kids don't want to open up their guns, for fear of breaking their fireflies, which don't shoot very well...

we will be switching to east coast rules, according to z80, and others, so don't worry about rules, as that is not a problem.

I personally would like to know what everyones (who plans to attend) arsenal is, just so that z80, our clan, and I, can know what to expect, and how to classify ourselves among other nerfers. as I said, we're all newbs, but most of us are very into nerfing, and we (and by we, I mean I) enjoy modifying our blasters.

BTW, I hear that the TRU at the local mall restocked, and my friend got an RF20. I am getting a powerclip (don't ask how :ph34r: ) and maybe will buy an RF20.

there is another site where the war may take place, which is the mamaroneck high school, both central school and MHS are great potential war grounds. just do a quick google search to get a bird's eye view like z80 did earlier in this thread.
razorbeast,

Awsome.

#36 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

Al, a homemade shotgun. I'm not sure that a shot gun that shoots custom ammo more than 30' is really fair. by all means, dual barrel NF's and the like are fine. but something ridiculous like robby's homemade is absolutely banned.

shotgun etiquitte: must fire normal darts, including stefans and 1105's
may not be entirely homemade, for safety purposes, as one of our clan members stupidly didn't bring eye protection, and. . .

like I said, send pictures and specs of homemades, if you can, and z80 and I will discuss if it is allowed asap.

Err sorry to chime in when I am not coming to the war but what is an 1105?

#37 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

Matchstick darts.

#38 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:30 PM

Linkage possible? I searched with no luck.

#39 Greek Assassin

Greek Assassin

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

Where exactly will the war be? Im down in NYC so I cant make it if its up-state.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#40 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:42 PM

Mamaroneck, which is like like an hour from the city, you could even take the train if you want (its like a four block walk, nothing major.)

#41 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:21 AM

Have you guys set a date yet? I can put it on the calendar once you have.

http://omc.nerfers.com/calendar.htm

Edited by One Man Clan, 23 March 2006 - 07:21 AM.

I hate you.

#42 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:31 PM

We're pretty set on 24th, so we can get it before vacations, camp, jobs, etc. We would probably do like 11:30 sharp for the time, not sure though.

Edited by z80, 23 March 2006 - 03:32 PM.

#43 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:49 PM

24th of June I assume?
I hate you.

#44 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:48 PM

we are recruiting a few new nerfers right now, so we may keep our 2 hit kill rule, but that's just for this month, or less.

BTW, leftnut, my friend told me that somehow, his brother, pete williams is friends with your brother. so that makes you my friend's brother's friend's brother...anyway,we hear that you and your clan are very good, and most of us are newbs, but a more problematic issue, is that a few kids don't want to open up their guns, for fear of breaking their fireflies, which don't shoot very well...

we will be switching to east coast rules, according to z80, and others, so don't worry about rules, as that is not a problem.

I personally would like to know what everyones (who plans to attend) arsenal is, just so that z80, our clan, and I, can know what to expect, and how to classify ourselves among other nerfers. as I said, we're all newbs, but most of us are very into nerfing, and we (and by we, I mean I) enjoy modifying our blasters.

Ah Fierflies are really easy to mod, I CPVC'ed mine in about 30mins before we had a small indoor war at my house. If you are going to have a serious war and want to enjoy yourselves you guys will want to have all your guns modded.

My arsenal will consist of all modded guns.
6X NFs
BBB
2X MaxShot
AT2k
AT3k
TTG
3X Crossfire
Firefly

The rest would only come out just to mess around. The only guns we really use the most are the NFs, BBB and Maxshots, the rest are there just incase.

Oh and a pistol round or two is a must. We usually do a FFA on a tennis court and it is intense.

#45 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:21 PM

Sounds good, the firefly is easy, but really annoying sometimes, like the fourty bazillion screws and the invisble screws in the rear. ANd we have really revamped our people in the last couple weeks, we now have three RF20's, and three AT2k's, and a bunch of other stuff.

#46 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:12 PM

*OLD TOPIC* oh well. our arsenal is improving, as is our clan. this war could be really really big. our clan consists of 26+ members. of course, most are newbs and some are too ignorant to mod their own NG's. but on the other hand, we also have a bunch of great modders, including me, z80, Nero121, and some others who aren't on this forum.

we have a clan website, if anyone wants to see our arsenals and playing field maps, at nightshiftnerf.tk by the way, I'm the somewhat shrimpy kid holding a DTB and NF.
razorbeast,

Awsome.

#47 SneakUP

SneakUP

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:01 PM

Well me and 3 other members got out of nerf for a little while. But tommorow were going to get back into nerf buy modding some old gats. So maybe we will come to a war upstate since we likve on Long Island.
GOT FOAM?!

#48 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:28 AM

Sneakup please fix your grammar.
Also I don't think me and my bud will be comming. We just can't find a ride or somewhere to stay. :unsure: :cry:
Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)
(.)(.) :)

LordofTheRings434
"In a sense, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste your time handling your balls. Go for the foamy rods instead."

#49 chip tortellini

chip tortellini

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:23 AM

anybody willing to have a war in syracuse because mav master and I are in the same clan and buds but we do have a good place for a nerf war in the woods. Its awsome. How you think about that mav is that alright.
ctp. Tim of

UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

"Sic vis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war."

#50 wick817

wick817

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:41 AM

I know this is a little old but i might be able to host a war in the rochester area.
If you are interested please PM me. Near were i live there are hotels and stuff like that so people could stay overnight or something like that. Please respond if interested.

P.S tommarow my clan members are getting together to have a war. I could get some video and some pictures of the feild and us playing.
This is funny
My freind: You cant hit from there
Me:Yes i can... BANG(from my singled AT2K)
My friend:OOOWWWWW My arm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users