Spring Maniac 3

Boys. Start your schedules.

49 replies to this topic

#1 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:50 PM

Okey doke. After a conversation at MANIAC 2, I've decided to make a thread that will plan MANIAC sometime in Spring 2006. I arbitrarily decided April. I dunno when vacation is, however. If someone could fill me in on that, it'd be appreciated.

I hope to get all of the people from milton here as well. This time, I hope for it to be in LEXINGTON. We got down to Milton before, and you Milton guys can drive! So that's settled. I'll have Yazz go over to the place and snap some pics, but we've got time. What we need is a definate date. Here's all the Saturdays and sundays.

Sat/Sun
8/9
15/16
22/23
29/30

Those are the weekends that we have in April. March might still be a bit chilly, but if the times work better, that's whats gonna happen. We'll set the date in stone sometime in the near end of winter, so that people can actually see what's coming up then, and so that we'll have enough time to reorganize if someone can't make a day.

Talk to me, people.

TS

*EDIT* Just to put this on the front page -

THE NEW DATE IS THE 29TH!!!
Come prepared and with as many darts as possible, eyewear, and proper arms. Five bucks or so will get us all pizza, but bring ten just in case. I'm hoping for around 16-18 people at this war, mostly because of the melrose folks are a group of 10-12ish

Edited by Team_Slaya, 20 April 2006 - 10:22 PM.

#2 MiMiC

MiMiC

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:50 PM

I will get the word out to my people, and see if i can find out who may be able to come.

#3 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:38 PM

Awesome, I would need to mod some guns/make darts, but thats a while away.

I would be able to go, just about any week end, and if it is during the week.. I cant drive.Would be awesome if we had like hand to hand.. Like hit eachother with PVC.

Edited by Nerforbust, 08 December 2005 - 05:06 PM.

#4 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:22 PM

Yeah. H2H is usually based around PVC with Foam Insulator around it. The guys in Melrose have this thing going on. The one guy I know over there I randomly met, and he had the same problem as you NOB, the whole reconfigging you comp deal. We could have had 3-4 more people at the war.... grr.

Oh yeah, and NOB, if you need weights, there are some really nice ones here, One Man Clan linked me to that. Shipping is 4-5ish as well, so that's like $10-12 for a huge amount. I'm gonna get me some 3/0's soon.

TS

#5 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:27 PM

Nice to see MANIAC 3 in the works, at this point all of the dates seem the same to me though. As far as H2H goes, I've got a couple PVC weapons, a blowsword that has 5/8 fbr for padding and a tonfa that uses pipe insulator and also doubles as a blow pistol. Normally a PVC tonfa couldn't work as a blowgun for two reasons, it is too short and most of the air would go out of the perpendicular piece. Both those to problems and the problem of it falling aprt when I hit someone were solved with some CPVC nested into the ends of two of the pieces of PVC. When the dart is sucked into the barrel at the right velocity about 5mm of it go into the CPVC, causing it to simulate a longer barrel.

Edited by euphemism, 09 December 2005 - 11:22 AM.

#6 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:27 AM

I have been permanently scared by a gluegun, and honestly, I would rather spend $10 for 100 darts or something.

I wouldnt be bringing any people, as I dont have any friends. I will bring drinks like last time, and hopefully it will be cooler so I dont pass out and get sick.

Edited by Nerforbust, 09 December 2005 - 05:30 AM.

#7 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:06 PM

I have been permanently scared by a gluegun

Why, what happened? I had an accident with a gluegun involving my friend that involved hot glue dripping all over my finger. It was high temp as well. It hurt a lot, and took 21/2 to 3 weeks to heal. But I'm fine now.

Good to see this in the works, I'm gonna post one up at NHQ right nowseys.

TS

#8 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:07 PM

I will be buying darts there, if someone would be so kind as to sell me $10 worth.

The scar I was talking about was from a gluegun that went to the heat 'Ultimate'.

#9 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:36 AM

Sorry for the double post, but I thought we whould plan this more.

I would like to have it on a cooler day, with not so much sun. I will bring drinks, and a bag of rubberbands, as mine always snap.

I think we should stay out of any woods we see, especially if we go to that place that we went to for MANIAC 1, becuase I got cut by something metal I think, and it got infected.

#10 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:39 PM

Ok, I was thinking about this and decided to do some minor research I found that we (Milton people) could meet at North QUincy station (red line) and take the inbound to alewife and take a bus from there to lexington center. The only real question is where to go after that. We could meet you guys there or something, what do you think?

#11 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:17 AM

But euph, that would make no sense when you HAVE A CAR. Why would you go through the extra trouble? Or do you not have a car anymore?

This will work if lots of people respond. I can rally up 2-3 people again, they'll come anytime. The problem is getting Arcanis/User to come on the boards again so that we'll have another couple of people. Meh.

TS

#12 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:46 AM

There is a new person at NHQ, he lives in Newton I think. Maybe he can come.

How far is Lexington from Fitchburg?

Edited by Nerforbust, 03 January 2006 - 07:51 AM.

#13 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:23 AM

Well of course IF I can comandeer a car or two to Lexington I will take that route, but it is very possible that a car and driver (magazine? no) will not be availible to me. It would seem that when it comes to driving people, I am not the only lazy bastard in my family.

#14 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:17 PM

Sorry for not responding for a while.

NOB, you could probably google map it and find out pretty easily.

Okay, on to the serious topic at hand. As I said before at the start of this topic, I randomly chose April and picked out the weekend dates. We need a date soon to get this set in stone and ask the parents if it'll work. Choose a date, someone, to object to so that we can get this down to one or two days. Speaking of this, I need to know when April vacation is for people.

TS

#15 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:23 PM

For me april vacation is the 21- like the 29(about). How many guns are allowed for you to bring? Any restrictions on any type of gun? Is everyone using micros?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#16 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:36 PM

Thanks for reminding me of this topic! I may not be able to make it, that is a kinda far drive for someone with no means of transportation, and a mother who is starting a business(new business=alot of busy-ness.)

#17 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:41 AM

Once you guys set a plan, I will do my best to attend.
I hate you.

#18 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:57 PM

I am available any weekend I think, but I need to know soon!
April 22-23?

Edited by Nerforbust, 17 February 2006 - 04:57 PM.

#19 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:41 AM

22nd seems fine to me, I'll keep it open and have instructed MiMiC to do so also. How's it for you guys?

#20 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:43 AM

Sure. 22nd is fine. I'll start talking to folks. Can you make it then OMC?

TS

#21 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:02 AM

I could probably make it, I just gotta see about where I'm staying. I don't know if my buddy will be at MIT at that time. I'll get back to you guys as soon as I know. Hopefully we will have a location that won't get interupted by the cops.

Also a word of advice to some of you. Ditch the camo, it only brings unwanted attention.
I hate you.

#22 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:07 AM

For me to be able to go, the location needs to be ~45 minutes or ~30 miles from Fitchburg. Or less obviously.

#23 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:02 PM

What is the actual location anyway? As in, where in Lexington.

#24 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:59 AM

No clue, maybe I could find a location near me... So I can go.

#25 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:30 PM

Okay guys, it's coming up on april and we need to revive this. The 22nd is still on, and I'm going to Yazz's place this friday, and I'll check out his supposed area.

I need a headcount, so post if you're coming below this post, m'kay?

TS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users