Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

280 replies to this topic

#76 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:40 PM

I'm not exactly trying to insult anybody...

But whatever...I guess I'd just prefer to go and meet peop[le with smiles all around the morning thereof rather than jhave everybody at each others throats before round 1.

But you know, I doubt if anything can stop that now anyway...

Whatever. I'm over it.

You DO know that I only say stuff like that to get a rise out of you, don't you?

Besides....smack talk, like shooting birds and bludgeoning children, is one of the grand past-times of Nerf!

Groove: That was fucking sweet man. One of these days I want to get a actual poster like that of me made.....
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#77 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

Thanks Spooner and OMC. Now that I have Illustrator, I might just be able to make you a poster like that, one day...

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#78 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

Provided I can count alternating Fridays correctly, the 15th is a long weekend for me. No guarantees whatsoever, especially considering my current financial situation.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#79 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:26 AM

You DO know that I only say stuff like that to get a rise out of you, don't you?

Besides....smack talk, like shooting birds and bludgeoning children, is one of the grand past-times of Nerf!

But why bother starting a trash-fest with a fellow west-coaster with such a war as THIS coming up? :rolleyes:

Besides, I can't get mad at you right now anyway...I just made ~90 darts with the new slingshot weights and fired every last one of them over my 100' marker...

w007.

July 15? We're there.

Anybody coming in need a place to crash, I may be able to provide some space. Several of the guys from my group may be crashing at my place the night before anyway, so if anybody wants to join in, we're about 2 minutes walk from the place...

Edited by Falcon, 13 March 2006 - 11:27 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#80 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:05 PM

Strange to see them called the new slingshot weights.

Three years ago we had this crazy idea... <g>

I've never gone back to split shot.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#81 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

Anybody coming in need a place to crash, I may be able to provide some space. Several of the guys from my group may be crashing at my place the night before anyway, so if anybody wants to join in, we're about 2 minutes walk from the place...

If for some reason Falcon's house doesn't work out, then my house is cool too. And I'm pretty close. But I'm pretty sure that Falcon's house should be fine.
I'm big and hairy, that's how you'll remember if you see me. My name's Sasquatch for a reason

#82 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:16 AM

Strange to see them called the new slingshot weights.

Three years ago we had this crazy idea... <g>

I've never gone back to split shot.

I wasn't ON the forums three years ago. New as in "New to [i]ME]/i]"...

I conceed your point. Poor sentence structure on my part.

Anyway...I love them. They're so shiny when you first open the little black boxes they come in...

*shiny*

Bags, you hould get in on "the trend". You darts seem to be under-weighted often. I pulle one of the white ones apart and took out the weight. I've never seen smaller fishing weights...
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#83 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:17 AM

:stupid double posts:

Edited by Falcon, 14 March 2006 - 11:18 AM.

----------||||||||)

#84 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:25 AM

Here's a little something for everyone (until I figure out how to get my DbF upload utility working again.)

Posted Image

-Groove

Is it okay to post in here to comment about this comic? Sorry, I had to. Because I just love the comic, it's so true. If not, just delete this post.
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#85 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:43 PM

I was just wandering through last year's Recap Thread, and the last post Death in there reminded me...

Am I going insane, did I miss it, or has no one actually put up the still pictures yet? I understand the "issue(s)" Cx is having getting ahold of the footage from Jon (though as far as I know, it just Jon who has "issues"...) but the still photos I seem to have missed, and I'm pretty sure they would have had a link on the gallery page, since it's been updated more recently than the last YANO at Venado anyway (hey that rhymed...YANO, Venado...whatever.)

It's been a long day...

About those who are coming in from exotic locations, near and far, traveling great distances just to shoot a bunch of people, old friends and new alike, with foam weaponry...

Okay, enough of the crappy inpirational "pep talks".

For those of you flying in who desire lodging of higher class than the floor of a fellow nerfer's living room, the nearest cheap hotel to the war location is here:

606 West Route 66
Glendora, CA 91741

A patron of the hotel said:
The motel is not in perfect condition, and the rooms are a bit dated, but the landscaping is just lovely and the architecture ... pleasing. I go back because they have free DSL, free breakfast, shampoo, an iron, refrig and mircrowave. The rooms are large and overall very quiet. Beds are comfortable and I get a good night's sleep.

PM me if you want details.
----------||||||||)

#86 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:57 PM

I think I took about 3 pics at the last Armageddon. I think someone else had a camera but I can't remember who...

I'll dig up my pics and post them in the recap thread from last year.

Edit: They're up.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#87 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

Falcon, I'm thinking that me and Daniel might just crash at your place for Arm. But if we do, WE MUST have a NIGHT war. I don't care where. And I want as many people to come as possible. But seriously....I want a freaking night war. I honestly don't care if its just around your neighborhood, or at the school, or in the middle of no where. These are our demands....or suggestions...that we want as demands....Geez...Whatever the case, this would be awesome. So, tell me what you think?

Anyone else up for a night war the night before? Get that blood pumpin a bit early.

#88 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:22 PM

The more the merrier!

Since we're a whopping 2 minute walk from Cullen and the urban area is lit...that shouldn't be a problem.

I suppose now I'll start working on a batch of darts with glow-in-the-dark tips.
----------||||||||)

#89 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:45 PM

Falcon, I'm thinking that me and Daniel might just crash at your place for Arm. But if we do, WE MUST have a NIGHT war. I don't care where. And I want as many people to come as possible. But seriously....I want a freaking night war. I honestly don't care if its just around your neighborhood, or at the school, or in the middle of no where.

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I'm up for it, and I'll probably be at Falcon's house the night before anyways, so I can pretty much gaurentee my attendance.
I'm big and hairy, that's how you'll remember if you see me. My name's Sasquatch for a reason

#90 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:09 PM

For anyone who is planning to crash at my place:

BRING A SLEEPING BAG!

We don’t exactly have six-eight some-odd beds at our house, so there will be floor space only!

So bring a sleeping bag. Oh, and regarding the night war, that perfectly fine with me. As I said before, I have no problem with that. Just don’t expect to be out there all night. A vast majority of the Knights are (and still will be) under 18 at the time, and since Glendora Cops have nothing else to do (ever) they’ll be looking for under-agers who are out past curfew. And we, being the “responsible adults” at the scene, will be the ones pegged for it.

The other thing that’ll keep us from going too late is the fact that the later it gets, the darker it gets. Not an issue for dart pickup, since we’ll be back in the morning anyway...but brightly-colored guns don’t look so brightly-colored in the dark. Crossbows begin to look more and more like assault rifles, and my NF PPK looks way too much like a PPK in silhouette...

I don’t wanna get shot. With a real bullet, I mean.

Granted, who the hell wants to get shot with a dart at these things anyway? It’s gonna happen, but we don’t want it to...

So yeah. Other than that and the fact that I want to be FRESH in the morning for the Easties (plus I don’t want to sleep through my alarm and get to ‘Geddon late when I live 2 minutes away...) the night war idea sounds like a lot of fun. I may be able to con Chronic into bringing his vid camera. We could strap a maglite to it and get some cool “night before hell breaks loose” footage.

That’d be sick. I can only imagine how terrifying it would be to see Seijin suddenly fly over one of the rails into the light given by the maglite, and then zooming in on his night-dilated eyes...

*shudders*

So it’s a deal then. Party at Falcon’s house (no booze, gents. Party = night war plus a floor and a roof to sleep between), ‘Geddon soon after.

Wow, am I gonna be DEAD after that weekend...
----------||||||||)

#91 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:12 AM

Good. Its a deal than.

And don't worry, we're used to playing night wars, and hiding it from public eye. I mean, seriously, when we play out on our golf course....its hell with those old people lookin out their back windows! So, don't worry, we're used to it. Sounds like we'll say it ends at 12, too bad. We'll bring stuff to sleep in. Maybe eachothers arms, but we're cool with that. O, and don't worry about us drinking, we don't.

#92 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:00 AM

O, and don't worry about us drinking, we don't.

Wasn't worried about you guys... ;)
----------||||||||)

#93 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:11 PM

Soo who are you worried about?

#94 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:34 PM

Soo who are you worried about?

Obviously us, because, as everybody knows, we're both such partiers...

Anyway, I should be there for the night war; anyway, I'm pretty sure curfew won't be a problem, as we'll have adults there (in Azusa at least they count 18 year olds as "legal adults", so I assume Glendora is the same), though I doubt we'll have a problem anyway...

EDIT: I was referring to the curfew thingy in my post

Edited by Sage, 17 March 2006 - 12:09 AM.

Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#95 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:34 PM

Anyway, I should be there for the night war; anyway, I'm pretty sure curfew won't be a problem, as we'll have s there (in Azusa at least they count 18 year olds as "legal s", so I assume Glendora is the same), though I doubt we'll have a problem anyway...

No, it could very easily be a problem, because Glendora cops have nothing to do. And we'll be playing with guns. At a school. We'll just be careful anyways.

#96 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:47 AM

And Aaron isn't exactly 18. Will you be by then, Sage? What about Sasquatch? IDK...

Nightwing won't be 18 yet either, I don't think. I could be wrong, though.

I wasn't necessarily speaking about anyone in particular regarding booze. Though if any of the east coasters decided to join the fun that evening...

I don't know how you guys do night wars. Just making sure I have all my bases covered...

:(

No, it could very easily be a problem, because Glendora cops have nothing to do. And we'll be playing with guns. At a school. We'll just be careful anyways.

For that very reason, I'll probably just be bringing my NF and SF that evening. No Assault-rifle looking stuff that evening would be a good idea...lots of "elderly" folks in G-town...

Edited by Falcon, 20 March 2006 - 12:49 AM.

----------||||||||)

#97 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:02 AM

I won't be 18 by then (that'll be for next december), but I'll definately be there. I don't give a rats ass about the curfew laws, I just hide when I see a car that could be a cop coming. And theres plenty of places to hide in the urban area, so it's all good. The other nice thing is that we might be able to talk our way out of it, depending on the cop. Some are complete dicks and will arest you for it, others will tell you to go home. If we got a couple of people who are 18 we should be fine.

#98 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:03 AM

Edit: Stupid double posts.

Edited by sasquatch, 25 March 2006 - 04:29 PM.

#99 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:15 PM

I don't know how you guys do night wars. Just making sure I have all my bases covered...

Don't worry too much. I'll teach you how to have night wars. Normally they're alot longer, and less high-powered. But still bring out the inventory so you can switch around. I'll be happy with my pistols. (Though I gotta say, I just modded a tree gun. I seriously think its combition for the Xbow. Its 1000 times more accurate, even with faulty darts. Not to mention the power behind it. I'm not even finished yet, and I have some weak bands on, and its incredible.)

#100 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:56 PM

I don't know how you guys do night wars.  Just making sure I have all my bases covered...

Don't worry too much. I'll teach you how to have night wars. Normally they're alot longer, and less high-powered. But still bring out the inventory so you can switch around. I'll be happy with my pistols. (Though I gotta say, I just modded a tree gun. I seriously think its combition for the Xbow. Its 1000 times more accurate, even with faulty darts. Not to mention the power behind it. I'm not even finished yet, and I have some weak bands on, and its incredible.)

You think you have competition for PJ?

You're MINE.

I'll probably have to add some temporary bright orange stuff to PJ for that evening, then. I dont' wanna get shot by a cop, but if you're bringing a tree bow, PJ's NOT staying home.

1000x more accurate? We shall see... :P

I'll tell my guys to slap some batteries in their nite finders and be at Cullen that evening. This is gonna be schweet.

Oh,and should we start before dusk, so it's not like suddenly the neighbors see a bunch of guys running around in near pitch black with assault rifiles? It's just me, but if they saw some people running around with bright orange stuff before it got dark, they'd not be wo worrisome later on, as long as we're not yelling or anything...

Edited by Falcon, 25 March 2006 - 04:02 PM.

----------||||||||)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users