Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

280 replies to this topic

#26 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:56 PM

Uh guys, these are just nerf guns...

Lets have fun but try not to make it a blood battle.

#27 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:35 PM

I've always wanted to try my hand against the lesser coast.

Hmmm...a little presumptious, are we? ^_^

Don't get your tighty whities in a bundle if I don't cower at your confidences.

Not a problem. I'm not here to boast. I'm here to play.

Never met a nerfer whose ass I couldn't kick, east or west coast, and I don't plan on setting a precedent now.

Then it'll be a fun challenge. See you in July.

Lets have fun but try not to make it a blood battle.

Too late. More fun that way... :lol:

In terms of our attendance, my clan will be cut loose from me come next fall. Three or four of us are graduating, so god only knows where they'll all be headed in their separate ways. I'll be headed down to San Diego next Fall Semester for College, so the guys who are still in Glendora for High School, etc. will be on their own. In my group, if they want to play at 'Geddon, they're make their own darts. So I cannot give you any estimate as to what sort of participation you can expect. But I'm pretty sure Apollo, Speed, Chronic, Pyro, Nightwing, Mexi-CAN, Sage, and Sasquatch will be coming. Other than that, the rest are up in the air, but I won't get into details regarding them. The meat of the group should be there.

And Seijin, congrats.

Edited by Falcon, 01 March 2006 - 05:40 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#28 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:18 PM

Put up or shut up time is quickly approaching. Do you even KNOW how I got the One Man Clan name? Vacc, lay a little education on these poor fools.
I hate you.

#29 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:59 PM

I'm selling duct tape sandals at church and school to earn money.

Edited by sistermol, 01 March 2006 - 10:00 PM.

Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#30 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:45 AM

Some day, I'll have the money. Some day. Not this day. I have to bunker down for summer tuition fees. It's strange how little money you can live off with potatoes.

But hey, we'll see if we can work some miracles. Maybe even credit miracles.

Have fun without me! My vote's on the West coast.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#31 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:18 AM

I never liked the god damn canadians. From this point forward, I am boycotting, and no longer making Zeros. Fucking French.....
I hate you.

#32 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:50 PM

Actually depending on who goes he could be right. I'm horrifically out of practice. But I'm more then confident You, Groove and myself could pretty much hold our own. I'd need to get my 2k shooting well again. We'll see it would be fun, but I'm not sure what's going to happen. Money and time are the number one issues. It's way to soon for me to assess either of those problems.

As far as the trash talking goes, I trash talk with the best of them, but being met with it before I even know whether I'm going to be involved in it is more then enough reason to garner me calling you a shithead.

Oh and I'm not presumptuous, I'm subjective. Deal with it.

As soon as I know something, you all will know something.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#33 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:20 PM

While I'm as haughty, arrogant, and egotistical as any East Coaster, I just have to point out one thing to my compatriates: they use Micros pretty much exclusively, out there.

When I went last summer, I was a bit out of practice, sure. But what really threw me off were those freakin' Micros. They fly differently than Megas, making them difficult to predict if you're too used to our wars. It took me a few rounds to acclimate before I was able to use my Manta Ray as efficiently as I usually do. Similarly, I was unable to judge my own shots with as much accuracy as I normally can (although, this was partly owing to the fact that it was my first time ever using my Nitefinders).

While I have all the confidence in the world in East Coast Nerf, we'd do well to prepare ourselves a bit ahead of time.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#34 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

If you guys wanna use megas, that's fine by ME, but it's Cx's war, and you won't be able to return any of our fire...

Just out of curiosity, has anyone from the East Coast contingent heard from Evil? It's be nice to see him make it out too...

Not to mention anybody from the Alabama/Georgia group of people (REN, LRC, etc.) but hey, it's your money.

Just curious.
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#35 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

I never liked the god damn canadians. From this point forward, I am boycotting, and no longer making Zeros. Fucking French.....

The French are on your side of the continent.

I'm sorry.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#36 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:56 PM

Put up or shut up time is quickly approaching. Do you even KNOW how I got the One Man Clan name? Vacc, lay a little education on these poor fools.

This mother fucker ate a clan....A WHOLE FUCKING CLAN!!! and then he went out for italian ice, cause he fucking could. Bitches

#37 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:57 PM

Whoever's left in the SD crew is in, it'll be nice to see you guys again.

We might bring some new kids too, I have no idea.

I'm also really excited to go up against the east coast kids, I don't believe that I've played with any of you, minus Death and Groove. And possibly VACC, from back in 2000, or 1999. Sometime around there.

Edited by ShatteredDreams, 02 March 2006 - 10:58 PM.

"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#38 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:00 PM

As far as the trash talking goes, I trash talk with the best of them, but being met with it before I even know whether I'm going to be involved in it is more then enough reason to garner me calling you a shithead.

Oh and I'm not presumptuous, I'm subjective. Deal with it.

As soon as I know something, you all will know something.

Talio.

Dude, if I knew you were gonna take it so personal I wouldn't have said anything. I just wanted to give you good reason to come. We here on the west coast like to see new players, especially ones with good reputations.

Anyway, um...no man clan? I think thats all that has'd to be said.

But anyway, why don't (after so many years) you women from the east coast come over, and try and back up that trash talk you've been given. Because I found it quite fun playing with you, and against you. I've played with Death, Vacc, Groove, and I think Famine in all my time playing. But playing against them, has been all the more fun. And Death and Groove, last time was awesome! Daniel introduced Death to buckshot.

#39 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

Why do we always have to go to you fags? How many of you plan to come out here to Nerf? Any asshole can win on their own turf. Come to me, and play me, then talk shit. We will come, but do not attempt to predict MY skills based on those of others from my area. You just don't know what you are getting urselves into. Why do you think I am the only man in my clan? This year will TRULY be........Armageddon

Edited by One Man Clan, 03 March 2006 - 09:21 PM.

I hate you.

#40 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:04 PM

Why do we always have to go to you fags? How many of you plan to come out here to Nerf? Any asshole can win on their own turf. Come to me, and play me, then talk shit. We will come, but do not attempt to predict MY skills based on those of others from my area. You just don't know what you are getting urselves into. Why do you think I am the only man in my clan? This year will TRULY be........Armageddon

Honestly, I'm trying to figure out a way to come out there. But I'll be a full-time youth pastor in May as well as Married in June. So uh...if I find time and money to come over there, you better be darn thankful, and offer me a place to stay! B)

With the title of "One Man Clan", I would be led to think that no other clan could just get along with you? ;)

(I guess thats a bit below the belt)

But seriously, I hope you guys do make it, you guys have a tendancy to make things funner.

#41 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

I'm totally new to this whole thing, so I think it'll be awesome just to meet you guys. Just so that you know, I'm in falcon's clan, and should be there unless I like die or something.

And by the way, there's a whole lot of trash talking here, and it's really rather funny.

Edited by sasquatch, 03 March 2006 - 11:25 PM.

I'm big and hairy, that's how you'll remember if you see me. My name's Sasquatch for a reason

#42 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:09 AM

Sweet, count me in plus maybe one or two more.

#43 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:53 PM

One thing at a time...

I'm planning to fly to SENO this year...eventually i'll make it to Jersey or wherever "here" is. But being a high school senior about to head to college in San Diego to be a full-time student isn't exactly leaving me $hundreds to spare on flying around.

I will eventually. i promise you that much.

However, in the most joking, friendly tone possible, Don't you guys come here because you KNOW that the west coast is better..? :rolleyes: You say anybody can win on their own turf. Do you say you have no confidence that you can win on ours? If it is a fact that anybody can win on their own turf, why should we leave ours anyway?

All in jest , of course. It just occurred to me.

I'll look forward to seeing as many of you as possible very soon.
----------||||||||)

#44 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:33 PM

Are there any hotels within the immediate area of the war site? As in a short walk/cab to there? Since my parents don't really want to ride with "some stranger" to my "Nerf Tournament".

Another question, would my Barricade Buster's be allowed?

#45 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:40 PM

I think what Talio is trying to say is that he's afraid.

It's ok Talio, little boys are allowed to cry.

Grown men however never cry. No, they just go outside and chop wood.

When I flew out to Jersey a few years ago I pretty much got my ass kicked (YOU try playing in a forest with a Powerclip against all long range guns!), so the way I look at it; I owe you East coast fuckers one!
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#46 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:01 PM

Are there any hotels within the immediate area of the war site? As in a short walk/cab to there? Since my parents don't really want to ride with "some stranger" to my "Nerf Tournament".

Another question, would my Barricade Buster's be allowed?

Too lazy to search. Care to share what those are with us?

And yes, I'l send you some details regarding a hotel that is (roughly) 2 miles from the location.
----------||||||||)

#47 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:07 PM

Whoever's left in the SD crew is in...

So, who's left? :lol:

I am so totally still here and living in SD!

As for dates, the whole summer is open for me, I have a couple of freinds that want to come but work on weekends. So expect to 1 - 3 kids showing up in ghetto car packed full of plastic guns.

It'll be good to see you guys again (Toj, Jon, maybe Steve, and the Crew...) Has anyone here from short shit?

Sounds like quite a war is in the makes. I can't wait to see the west coast annihilate at Armageddon 2k6
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#48 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:34 PM

His Barricade Busters are the grenades using those little frisbee-like foldable thingies.

God damnit I better get into an east-coast school. Midwest sucks in terms of any kind of nerf war; maybe in a year or two I'll make it out to one of the Armageddons.

~ompa

#49 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:04 PM

Midwest sucks in terms of any kind of nerf war; maybe in a year or two I'll make it out to one of the Armageddons.

~ompa

Hey now. This year I'll be hosting Farmageddon. It will most likely become an annual thing. We're only 2 and a half or so hours from you ompa. Nerfdude would most likely come out, and by with just people from my clan/school we would EASILY have 10+ people. I'll probably start a planning thread within the next month.

#50 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:30 PM

Hey now. This year I'll be hosting Farmageddon.

FARMageddon?

That just made my day. Reminds me of one of the old lists somebody assembled back in the day of "you know you're a nerfer when..." lines.

"You know you're a nerfer when you have enough BB's to supply the young rednecks of America association...for a year."

FARMageddon. I may have to find a way to go just because of the freaking hilarious name...

Regarding the barricade busters...ask Cx, but I don't see TOO much of a problem...

The only real issue is that it'd be hard to tell if you were really hit. Here, we play that you call the hits you get on others. If you see the dart physically change direction due to a person, it is a hit, but we're not always going to feel it, so you ahve to tell them. With a wad of darts flying around, it could get difficult to accurately calla hit on someone without making asumptions like "well, it's a grenade. The darts were all over the place. It must have hit him..." and such. If the person you throw it at is facing the other way and doesn't feel it, making these calls accurately could become very inconsistent.

You'll have to wait to see what Cx says about it.

FARMageddon...*tee hee*
----------||||||||)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users