Photo

Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

280 replies to this topic

#1 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:58 PM

What: Revenue generator for teh airline industry. Mostly 5-hit West-Coast style, a little CTF. Terrain primarily urban with occasional use of open grass with light tree cover.

Current tentative date: Saturday, July 15

Time: 10-6

I'll update this very old page with some more modern info, but the basic rules and lists of stuff to bring are still the same. Add Titans to the ban list and ignore the bit about your mom.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#2 ArcanTheRedd

ArcanTheRedd

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:40 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but where is this war taking place?

Kevin

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 03:40 AM

The Los Angeles area.

#4 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:55 AM

Required I can get a few thousand bucks together in a few months, I'll be coming.
I'll prrroooobably be crashing at Gamefreak's place. If not, I'll chuck a swag down in JSkater's back yard. Unless someone else wants to give me a hand?
Anywho, donate to the Tidge comes to 'Geddon fund.
Paypal me some cash at theinventorguy @ gmail .com

Thanks bradda.
-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#5 No-iD

No-iD

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:27 AM

Holy crap I'll be down in L.A. from June 21-28 or sumthin like that for a youth confrence I will see if I can make it.

*EDIT* - I don't know if I can make it on the 24th, but if you had it early, say the 20th I could probibly come.

- No-iD -

Edited by No-iD, 27 February 2006 - 03:42 PM.

One by one the penguins take my sanity

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) Helping bunny on his way to World Domination!

#6 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:46 AM

I'm down for whenever. I'm tired of missing Armageddon!
~SS

#7 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:13 AM

I'm done with high school (period) by roughly the beginning of june.

My summer schedule will be based around whatever day works for everybody.

It just occurred to me...if Jon comes this year he'll have that long-awaited/avoided chance to deliver LAST YEAR's 'Geddon video to Cx...

"perfect timing"...

I'll prrroooobably be crashing at Gamefreak's place. If not, I'll chuck a swag down in JSkater's back yard. Unless someone else wants to give me a hand?

Well, I said before that I might have some room in the dorm, but it looks like Armageddon's going to be a lot earlier this year. So I may actually have a couch or something to loan you. I'm 40 minutes (roughly) from Venado), and a whopping 2 minutes from Cullen, so it'd be convenient dependig where this ends up (for all we know, we may find yet another place by the time it comes around. I'll check with it, but I may be able to offer you a roof as well...

Edited by Falcon, 27 February 2006 - 11:18 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#8 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:34 AM

Though it is-- at this point-- doubtful, I'm gonna see if I can't make it out there again, this year. Last year was tons of fun, and hopefully, so will this year's shenanigans.

On a related note, whatever happened to the buttloads of video footage we took, last year?

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#9 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:36 AM

Jon hasn't "hand delivered" it to Cx yet...
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#10 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:59 AM

The thing is this. If I were to come to armageddon, I don't just wanna see spoon, I want him to spoon me. Otherwise the t-shirt won't make any sense.

VACC

#11 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:57 PM

Once you all set a date, I believe we will be organinzing an East Coast contingent to be attending.
I hate you.

#12 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:34 AM

Not that you should work the date around me, but the weekend after would probably be the best.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#13 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:58 AM

I should be joining the NJ contingent heading out there to LA.
I am indifferent to the dates, though I think it will be easier for those of us who are flying if the war is on a Saturday, allowing us to fly out on Friday and then back on Sunday.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#14 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:24 AM

The thing is this. If I were to come to armageddon, I don't just wanna see spoon, I want him to spoon me. Otherwise the t-shirt won't make any sense.

VACC

If you make it down for Armageddon, I'll do more than spoon you.....If you AND Death made it down.....well.....can we say "menage 'a sausage"?

As far as dates go.....at this point I have NO CLUE where I will be living (presumably either still in OC or somewhere in LA) or what I will be doing come June. Given my previous patterns however, I'll most likely just be sitting on the couch in my underwear watching the military channel.

So at this point any date is fine with me. Oh and FUCK Venado. Falcon's location seems like the best choice to me so far.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#15 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:21 AM

Oh and FUCK Venado. Falcon's location seems like the best choice to me so far.

Spoon, Cxwq, VACC, Shinny, Death, OMC, Kuhlschrank...

In Glendora..?

At the same time..?

Excuse me...I need to change my pants.

Translation = We'd be happy to...

Just have your "fun" with Spoon off campus, and we'll be good to go.

Edited by Falcon, 28 February 2006 - 11:22 AM.

----------||||||||)

#16 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:22 AM

Oh and FUCK Venado.  Falcon's location seems like the best choice to me so far.

Our presence has been endorsed by these folks so I'm pretty happy with the new diggs myself.

Posted Image

I'm not entirely thrilled with the CTF area in the adjacent park - it's okay - but I'm happy enough with the new urban area that I don't really care. The dumpster enclosure, tables, and railings actually make the Glendora portables much more tactically interesting than Venado.

Here's a good shot down the raised length (E-W) of the portables' intersection.

Posted Image

#17 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:45 AM

Just have your "fun" with Spoon off campus, and we'll be good to go.

All I'm saying is, if the jungle gym's a rockin, don't come a'fuckin' knockin.

#18 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:11 PM

As in recent years, count me in as a maybe. I've got to double-check my funds.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#19 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:00 PM

I need to find a pretty cheap hotel, but I'll be coming down for this one so count me in.

#20 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:30 PM

Okay, here's my deal. Few things:

1. Cash. I'm planning on traveling to Europe this summer. I could get fucked hardcore money wise.

2. Time. I'm going on a wierd shift schedule so really I won't know untill later on in the year if I'm working said shift schedule or if I'll have that weekend off. 50/50 chance.

3. Motivation. There are people going that I've always wanted to meet and I've always wanted to try my hand against the lesser coast. I'm just hoping for a storm that day (known as sunny on this side of the country) so that the east coast Gods are given a medium to help us. We'll see how motivated I am to fly across the country to shoot kids. Normally I have to go to the Philipenes for that kind of action.

4. Ragnorok. Not something I want to cause. I know we call it Armageddon, but it will be a whole different end of times if my Viking ass comes barreling into town along with a shit load of east coasters. I can see a very ugly, life altering East vs. West battle royal. It really could cause some kind of shift in the worlds balance.

With that said, there are a shit load of East coasters talking about going this year, and it's super tempting and almost a requirement for me to go. I'll see if I can make it work.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#21 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:11 PM

I swear that i'll make it this year, way too many members of the eastern persuasion are going to be there for me to not and with this much time to plan in advance, i bet most of the NARFers will show up as well.(*cough* I hope *cough*)

-bags

Edited by baghead, 04 March 2006 - 03:51 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#22 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

4. Ragnorok. Not something I want to cause. I know we call it Armageddon, but it will be a whole different end of times if my Viking ass comes barreling into town along with a shit load of east coasters. I can see a very ugly, life altering East vs. West battle royal. It really could cause some kind of shift in the worlds balance.

With that said, there are a shit load of East coasters talking about going this year, and it's super tempting and almost a requirement for me to go. I'll see if I can make it work.

Talio.

No one beats Me, Ray, and Cx in Flag capture. We rule. End of story. (Have we lost anything when we've been teamed together?)

On a better note. Keep the date off Sundays and Wed and I'll be cool, and I'll work it into my schedule. Since I missed the last one since someone didn't read the first post...

Hell, on more intresting note, I'l be married! Check dat sheznit!

PS. Which reminds me...um, anything OUTSIDE of June preferably. Can we shoot for July please? Even early July just please not before...I'm getting married too soon.

#23 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:26 PM

Your trash talking already without ever even meeting or playing against any of us. Yeah, I'm already thrilled about traveling across the country to be welcomed with quality players like this. Seriously...quite the ambassador.

No really, that was really nice.

Shithead.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#24 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:46 PM

Oh come on Talio, I've already done the nice invite stuff. What's wrong with a little East vs West trash talk to heat things up?

Point is, everyone around here would love to have the opportunity to play both with and against you guys. I've met several of you personally and have really enjoyed the experience. I'm a better nerfer for seeing the way you guys play and it makes it more fun to run this damn site when I can put real people behind screen names.

So to recap, if you don't like the fact that me, Josh, and Ray are the best you're welcome to come demonstrate otherwise.

Josh, congrats. I'll look at July and post at least one other option for people. Either way, I guarantee it will be on a Saturday.

#25 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:56 PM

No one beats Me, Ray, and Cx in Flag capture. We rule. End of story. (Have we lost anything when we've been teamed together?)

The problem is you people have no idea of how the fuck this war began. Let me educate all you little bastards. Before NH, before NO, back when stefan ran shit a lot of very similar shit talking was going on. West coast vs east coast, horsemen vs ozzy, spoon, and their respective crews. It got pretty heated at times, but alas, we were scumbag teenagers with no means of settling this shit.

Enter plot device A. A challenge was issued, a war to settle all the shit once and for all, a coming together of the powers that be in nerf. I suggested we call it Armageddon, and, much like now, no one wanted to fucking argue with me. So plans were laid, plots thickened, west coast alliances created to face the interlopers from the dark side of the states. Unfortuinately when all was said and done, I was the only interloper to be had, but my welcome was no different. I mean, once the kids had to talk to me face to face much of the shit talking subsided as some of you can imagine, but the mood was the same.

Long story short, I fucked lots of shit up, we all had a great time, and no one dared say shit to me...until I got on the plaine and was safely across the country once again. The next summer rolled around and much of the same talk arose. So I had to make a return trip with a few horsemen. The result, rinse and repeat.

The point is, there are a lot of new faces out there, but it's all the same to me. Don't get your tighty whities in a bundle if I don't cower at your confidences. Never met a nerfer whose ass I couldn't kick, east or west coast, and I don't plan on setting a precedent now.

VACC
~Nerf On or Fuck Off~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users