Yano Recap Thread

5 replies to this topic

#1 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:11 PM

The new location is cool. The police came and went without incident. Certain people who didn't make it, you guys missed out.  :P

*cough* SPOON *cough*

I was mildly disturbed by the number of injuries. No amputations were necessary, but the sight of blood made me a little nauseous  :blink:

It was just a barrel tap...

Granted, from a revolver maxhot with a fully-brass exposed turret...

Good day, though!

Katie got a lot of pics, so I'll put them up soon...

Edited by Falcon, 26 February 2006 - 09:12 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#2 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

Oh my god.

I'm sorry I no-showed at the war. I think this is the first LANO/YANO I have missed, ever. Like, in their entire 8 year history.

I ate something bad on Saturday and spent most of today shitting myself senseless. I wanted to die. I had made a ton of darts too.

Sorry I wasn't answering my phone, I really didn't feel like talking. In fact, for most of the day, my ass did the talking for me.

Let's please have another YANO soon, I can't tell you how pissed off I am.

>sigh<
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#3 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:45 PM

Let's please have another YANO soon, I can't tell you how pissed off I am.

I second the motion; stupid leadership retreat gettig in the way...

but ya, I'm itcing for war.

,..and what was this about the cops?
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#4 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:07 AM

The cops came by saying someone had called them on us because we had been seen playing with paintball guns in the elementary school. Naturally, being Glendora Cops, they had nothing better to do, so a whole squad car, with two officers in it arrived and drove straight into the urban area. They hopped on out, and after a quick explanation of what we were doing, they actually started to show some interest...

They were walking around, looking into our big boxes 'o goodies...pretty funny.

Spoon, quite all right. I'd prefer you to be shitting in a toilet, rather than not knowing if it was a dart or someting else you hit me with...

Cxwq got a chance to check the place out, and was saying he was thinking about using the place again. Since the cops are on our side, and the neighbors and teachers (save the one old lady who called yesterday) are getting quite used to us, it looks like you got your location change wish.

In terms of having another YANO, I'm up for it pretty much whenever, but I want to make absolutely sure that AnyaSeijin and Daniel can make it...

Just for the record, though, for those of you who couldn't make it, you didn't really miss a whole lot...

But it was fun. Except for my running out of weights a few days before... I had to resort to using screws in my darts that I scrounged up in my garage, which caused the mjority of my darts to be underweighted, which would explain the multiple times that I fired and the dart sorta just fell out of my xbow's barrel...

Which reminds me...Spoon, what exactly do you use for weights, and what size are they? a few of your darts from the last YANO got mixed up with ours, and I came across them at the warmup. One of them shredded in a 2k, so I pulled apart the tip and got the weight out. It's the perfect size for the darts I make, without the hassle of cutting oversized splitshot fishing weights in half...

Thanks!

Again, that was fun. Quite fun. Hopefully half my group won't be on "holiday" next time...

Edited by Falcon, 27 February 2006 - 11:10 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#5 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:40 PM

Man that was an awesome war, even though it was a small one. I was a little upset with my group's lackluster attandance, but Damn, that was a fucking blast. My Shoulder still hurts, I gotta get a pic of that to add to the list of pics from this.

-bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#6 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:09 AM

The weights I use are slingshot pellets. They are 1/4" size steel slingshot pellets that you can buy near the gun rack at Wal-Mart. They come in packs of 200 I think. Sometimes Wal-Mart only has the 3/8" size though which obviously won't work. They're the perfect Stefan weights IMO.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users