Photo

Your Choice Of Weapons

FOR THE ULTIMATE NERF EXPERIENCE!

48 replies to this topic

Poll: If there were a worldwide Nerfing competition, how would you go? You could also put down your choice of equiptment, i.e. guns, ammo, packs, clothing, etc. (156 member(s) have cast votes)

If there were a worldwide Nerfing competition, how would you go? You could also put down your choice of equiptment, i.e. guns, ammo, packs, clothing, etc.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:54 PM

Okay, here's the low-down, sometime in the near future, Nerf has taken the world over and now it's the thing that everyone does, like in those anime such as Yu-Gi-Oh! and Megaman EXE.

There is a worldwide tournament for all nerfers held on some island the happens to have every single terrain imaginable, just because, and you want in.

Please vote for a set of equipment and post a detailed (not really) desription of your stuff (what weapon, kind of ammo, armor, glasses, etc.)

If none of these classes fit your style, please choose custom and post your choice of equiptment.

Please keep the useless posts of oohs and aahs to a minimum and if possible, post your admirations along with your post of equiptment and decriptions.

That is all.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#2 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:58 PM

I have a question. Wouldn't they have made like a ton more nerf guns and can the guns be heavily modded?
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#3 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:02 PM

Yes, mods are accepted, and as for your other question, it is present, so you cannot have the LS or MS, I just put near future because it adds spice to writing as my sci-fi crazy teacher says.

These choices are based on my personal experience, so excuse me if you think differently about the selections.
-or-

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:22 PM

There was a thread about gear a while back, but this is different. I think it's interesting to hear what people are using, so I'll start off.

I use a PC indoors but haven't gotten a chance to test it outdoors yet; I usually use a Maxshot outdoors and I never carry more than 20 darts. You just don't need that much ammo. Plus I actually tend to use stock darts in my PC more than Stefans because my foam sucks and isn't tight enough and stocks just fit well and are accurate.

You also don't need gear; it's not painful enough to warrant any kind of armor or the like, and ammo holders and (at least for me, I understand fully that people can and do use them effectively) holsters/straps aren't usually needed. I carry a PC or Maxshot and a few extra Stefans in my pocket. I only wear protective glasses if playing against guns that shoot upwards of about 60', and only if I'm playing from close ranges.

Oh, to actually answer your question, I voted super light, because I tend to carry only one weapon and not many darts.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 26 February 2006 - 07:23 PM.

SexD Warves

#5 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:24 PM

I'd have a long sleeved renegade nerf hoodie with a crossbow heavily modded a wildfire and a sigle barreled artemis arms version of the titan.

Edited by sistermol, 26 February 2006 - 07:25 PM.

Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#6 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:33 PM

I would have my maverick, a t-shirt and jeans, one shoe, and two fewer darts than I had opponents. Then, I would win.

#7 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:37 PM

I voted light even though I only like to nerf with one gun. I would bring two primaries, and probably switch off, or keep using the gun im "hot" with. I would probably bring and X bow, and sm 1k, or X bow and sm 500. And I would bring Jeans and 100 darts, etc.
http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#8 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:35 PM

Voted custom. Probably bring my PC, LnL or NF and my Maxshot or LBB. Depends on how long the games are on how much ammo I would carry, I'd wear a pair of squash/racquetball glasses just because they're soooo cool and clothes depending on the terrain.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#9 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:37 PM

I'd have my big ass LBB, my maverick, Army backpack, Sunglasses, Leather gloves, black short sleaved shirt, black pants. That's what I wore last week in the 40 degree weather. Only for nerfing man.

#10 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:02 PM

I'd get an Apache, replace the missles on the pylons with Triple Strikes, take off the turret gun and replace it with a Razorbeast with a long chain. W00t! :P I'd have a Mad Hornet for a sidearm :)
We need vehicles :blink:
(see profile of me)!

Edited by SG Pilot, 26 February 2006 - 09:04 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#11 crackshot

crackshot

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:27 PM

Voted light.
I usually war with my X-bow (PVC breach with nested crayola) and NF (stock barrel, restrictors+light removed, weight added to handle, e-taped plunger) with custom holster.
On the X-bow, I threaded wire-ties through the hole-like "ports" on the side, and because I use stock darts, they fit perfectly.
For Indoor nerfing, I swear by a stock Dart Tag Gun and the same NF.
I use stock velcros, and usually carry about 30 on me in a mesh bag (NERF standard issue :P )
Of course, body armor is for wimps, but eye safety is important. I either use the Nerf Brand goggles (stretched to fit the "ponim"), or some shop-type glasses.
As for clothing, I wear jeans with my black or green muscle T-shirt to strike fear into the eyes of my enemies when they see my gigantic pecs and abs :blink:!
Sometimes I wear my Juilliard hoodie with the big center pocket for loose darts and accessories.
-cs

Edited by crackshot, 26 February 2006 - 10:29 PM.

#12 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:10 PM

It's nice to hear the seriousness, but nobody would take their 30 story gundam out for the day? I mean they are the ultimate all terrain vehicle/armor! If the day comes, I think I'll break out that NIB GM i have stashed in my garage.

Back to the seriousness, I'll take my NF with SSPB integration and my LBB just for good measure. Add glasses, for cool effect, from The Matrix, and I'm good. My stefans aren't very standard, so I'll pick up other's for ammo.

The terrains are such:

----------------------Mountainous-----------------------
---------Forrest==============-Desert---------
Plains===========Urban============Snow
-------Lake/Pond=============Swamp---------
--------------------------Beach--------------------------

That's what the island kinda looks like. Sorry, but I ran out of imaginative terrain. And it is very geographically incorrect.

Legend: - is water surrounding the island
Legend: = is land and crap on the island

Edited by murakumo32, 26 February 2006 - 11:14 PM.

-or-

#13 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:13 PM

I voted custom.
First off my primary would be my soon to be modded BF.
Secondary would be my ss2.
The BF is a very versitile weapon 5 semi auto shots and decent range. The ss2 would be for more long range battling since you get the same range as any supermaxx gun but in a small and compact pistol. I would probably pack as many stefans on me as possible since you are on an island and there probably wouldn't be any real safe places or a designated area to keep your stuff. I would also bring my bicycle pokemon has showed me how much of a vital tool a bicycle can be. I would also get my mom to pack me a lunch in case I get hungry, you never know.

Oh yeah I'd definately just kick it on the beach. So just a bathing suit is necessary.

Edited by Dark Shrimp, 26 February 2006 - 11:24 PM.

Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#14 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:20 PM

I'd definately go with light; no real need for armor other than standard clothing (at least not from my experiences), though I may have 3 guns.

For my armory:
1) brassed NF as a sidearm
2) "SplitTech 2k", an Airtech 2000 and Splitfire integration, giving me 8 shots before needing to reload; I'd use it just for the stares I'd get, but the versatility comes in handy too.
3) (possibly) Secret Shot 1, more of a trinket than a sideam, but the secret shot does come in handy occasionally.

Also, do we have an indoor complex for use in the urban area?
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#15 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:21 PM

I'd carry a Xbow version of the bacon bow, with an expanded clip, and that gundam heavyarms RF20 thing that Renegade made, with a hook on it to cock the Xbow. The Xbow would have a strap so I could drop it and pump up the RF20's. I would also carry a few speedloaders for them. I would have a Mav with an SSPB in the grip as a last resort.

I would have a backpack full of stefans.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#16 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:25 PM

Oops, I didn't realize this was a hypothetical story...thing, I thought you meant like what I actually use. Disregard my above post, I've really got nothing to add.
SexD Warves

#17 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:56 PM

I'd go light.

I'd carry my T-26 SM1k Carbine with 15 clips (three micro stefans per clip). I'd also take as a sidearm my Bulldog NF or DT3 pistol with 15 mega stefans.

If I wanted to do some real damage, I'd take my Titan anti-personnel rifle with 5 clips (6 rounds per clip) and attach the Bulldog to the Titan for easy access.

Yeah... my Mountain rifle could shoot a Gundam down...

Edited by Starbuck, 26 February 2006 - 11:56 PM.

Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#18 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:13 PM

Okay, that Nerf Apache thing was just something that would never really happen in reality. Theoretically, it could work. The guns could be hooked up and wired so that they fire, but that would be kind of impractical sort of because one, I don't even know if I could fly the damn thing. I know hwo to control them and how they fly, but never flown a real one. Two, the ranges would be too short for the helicopter. Even if the Razorbeast could shoot 60 feet like Starbuck's squad auto. It just wouldn't work.

Seriously, I think I would go light. Have a Mad Hornet and either a Lightnin' Blitz or my "Commando Pistol" (Switch Shots Super with PVC mod) as a sidearm. And some vision wear to enchance my visual senses (my vision sucks).

Merakumo, I think this was a creative idea. I never knew someone would come up with such an imaginary idea. I thought if I posted something cretaive and imaginary, I'd get flammed. Thanks or posting this ;)

Edited by SG Pilot, 27 February 2006 - 12:15 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#19 Shwifty

Shwifty

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:54 PM

Pretty light for me. All I would want is my LBB and my LNL. Id wear a t-shirt and jeans. There is no need for armor because the scariest gun i have seen is the Atremis Arms Titan, which wouldnt hurt. (That much) Id bring a few stefans but pick most up as i go. My foam is the wronge size.
*Well isn't that SHWIFTY?*
Am I now concidered infamous?

#20 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:37 PM

I would have to go medium but with more ammo. You have to have enough guns but not to heavy and some armor.
Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)
(.)(.) :)

LordofTheRings434
"In a sense, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste your time handling your balls. Go for the foamy rods instead."

#21 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:11 PM

I would have to go light. Mobility and agility are invaluble in most nerf wars, especially the hypothetical large scale one mentioned here. Having something like my AT2K with my Trusty NF at my side would be heavy enough to get in, get some hits, and get out. Not to mention, on an island such as the one in Murakumo's post, the ability to stay mobile and hide in the vast terrain could keep you "alive" for that much longer.
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#22 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:42 PM

I voted custom because I'd make the effort to not only make a homemade that has a balance of all the features I want, but I would also carry a Nerf bat as a "rule enforcer". :rolleyes:
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#23 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:25 AM

question, what can we assume dart recovery is? I know that'd make a difference in how many stock/stefans I'd bring.
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#24 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:16 AM

Well it is a free for all in all types of terrain, dart recovery is not against the rules, but in forested and other types of land, I would highly doubt you could find darts in the middle of a fight. You could also form teams on the island if you wanted to ally yourself like Surviver and stuff. Just assume that in the Urban areas, there is food, water, and a hotel to stay in so nobody actually dies. There are also guns and ammo shops with some modding stuff for you if your equiptment breaks. GIVE THE VIEWERS OF THIS TOURNEMENT WHAT THEY WANT!!!
-or-

#25 deathwolf

deathwolf

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:02 PM

I chose custom because i'd take my double-barreled AT2K and my bulldog(thanks for the mod, starbuck)...and my two-handed nerf sword...for close range ownage...and a crapload of stefans

and i'd choose snow for my terrain...lots of cover
BROOD XIII

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users