Or, high-capacity removable barrel

26 replies to this topic

#26 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:47 PM

Yeah, "swiss-cheesing" is on my list of possible mods. The SNAP-2 solved part of the problem by doing away with the end plunger handle, and using a charging rod.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#27 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:28 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I just did some more experiments with the clip.... I added another 1.25" => .5" reducer to the end, and stuck a small piece of .5" PVC into it. I loaded the darts one by one, and gave it a shake when I was done to reset them. I then popped that onto my modded AT2k's crayola. Results: 58' on six pumps. I was surprised it worked at all, considering that the clip and barrel is nearly twice as long as the gun. Better results could probably be obtained with a shorter clip (probably optimized for 10 shots).

I'm also discovering better ways to reduce jams: pointing the barrel straight up, giving a jostle, then sharply pointing the barrel down seems to do a good job of making sure that one dart is in the lead for firing. It's reduced the number of misfires.

Having a barrel closed on both ends could really open this up as a true clip system. It'd be possible to carry two 4-6" PVC sections, with reducers on both ends, and a barrel adapter section. Add the barrel to the end of the clip, then pop the clip onto the end of the gun (either over a Crayola, on into a reducing bushing). The other clip coud be carried in a holster. Found/recovered darts could be preloaded into that clip while on the run.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users