#1 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts
  • State:Texas
  • u/btrettel on Reddit

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:09 PM

A few months ago I was browsing Yahoo Groups looking for groups to download (yes, download) with a neat new Perl script I found out about. They're saved into the easy to read mbox format, which I use to read in my mail program. I've downloaded maybe 20 or so groups, the bulk of which were water gun groups.

It didn't take me long to look for any old Nerf groups that Yahoo might have assimilated. I was surprised to find an old NerfList there, though admittedly I don't know much about the several (I believe?) NerfLists. This one appears to be fairly substantial with 11000 messages, so it was at least a major list.

Does anyone still have access to this group? If someone has some sort of administrative access, it might be best to make the messages public or approve my membership. If someone has a Yahoo account that can view the messages, let me know so I can give you the link to the Perl script.

Edited by Doom, 25 February 2006 - 11:52 PM.

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:37 PM

I click to see what you are talking about and it links me to starting a new topic.

EDIT: It looks dead. If I am right it says the last message was in march of 2004.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 26 February 2006 - 02:08 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#3 Doom

Doom

• Administrators
  • 559 posts
  • u/btrettel on Reddit

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:52 PM

Thanks for the notification. I suppose I copied the URL, but never switched the tab. I'll have it fixed in a moment.

#4 Zach

Zach

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:02 PM

Interesting. You got me curious on that subject and I found a couple of others I'll list for you.

First One Found
Nerf Smiths
Nerf Club (Public+Unrequired Approval)

These are the only unique ones I could find. One of them mentioned is completely public. That find was very interesting, it's an artifact of the past, kind of. All of the above I found are Yahoo groups. I wish you luck on gaining access to the group you found.

~Zach
NerfX , for all of your Nerfing needs.

Have a fix for some foam? Come on in, the doors are open!

#5 Doom

Doom

• Administrators
  • 559 posts
  • u/btrettel on Reddit

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:51 PM

It looks dead. If I am right it says the last message was in march of 2004.

That's exactly my point. The Yahoo NerfList is old, but probably still contains a bunch of interesting information for archival as I mentioned.

As for those other Yahoo groups, I've seen them all before. The nerfsmiths one is public as well as the nerclub one. However, the nerfclub group has about 9 messages before it turned into a place for spammers to roam. I don't consider that very substantial. There's several other groups such as clubnerfnexus and thenerfnerfmunitionsbunker that you also forgot, but their not important.

The nerf2 group is interesting, but I didn't think that the owner or any members would still be around. If any are, let me know too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users