Air Seal Question

about Starbuck's upgrade on his luger

8 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:57 AM

I was trying to make that drop in slot, the thing that you turn then drop in the dart and turn it again. Anyway I tried to do this to my NF and it never even moved in the barrel.

I think that it is losing pressure somehow from not a tight enough seal in between the the two pices of pvc.

So with that said I was wondering if i could get any help?
Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)
(.)(.) :)

LordofTheRings434
"In a sense, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste your time handling your balls. Go for the foamy rods instead."

#2 Nerfster12345

Nerfster12345

• Banned
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:02 AM

OK fist tell me what kind of barrel you are using and what kind of pipe are you using for the outer .

Edited by Nerfster12345, 25 February 2006 - 08:03 AM.

Classic military phrases:

"Retreating?! Heck no, we're just advancing in other direction!"

"Are there any experienced suicide bombers?"

"Any ship can be a minesweeper... once."

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

#3 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:04 AM

The barrel is made out of cpvc and the outside is made of pvc. The outside dose turn but when when I shoot it dosn't even move in the barrel.

Edited by Maverick Master, 25 February 2006 - 08:05 AM.

Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)

LordofTheRings434
"In a sense, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste your time handling your balls. Go for the foamy rods instead."

#4 Anothernoob

Anothernoob

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • State:Alabama

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:20 AM

Im pretty sure you just have to do it by hand, drop the dart in, then close it manually. How would the breech close or open by itself it unless you have it connected somehow to the plunger like in Bacon's BBB.

#5 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:16 AM

[quote name='Anothernoob' date='Feb 25 2006, 06:20 AM'] Im pretty sure you just have to do it by hand, drop the dart in, then close it manually. How would the breech close or open by itself it unless you have it connected somehow to the plunger like in Bacon's BBB. [/quote]
[QUOTE]
I know i have to close it manually, my question is that it loses all air pressure when i shoot it so it dosn't shoot at all.
Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)

LordofTheRings434

#6 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:18 AM

Im pretty sure you just have to do it by hand, drop the dart in, then close it manually. How would the breech close or open by itself it unless you have it connected somehow to the plunger like in Bacon's BBB.

i know i have to open and close it by hand, my question is that when i shoot it loses all air pressure and so it dosn't shoot at all.

Sorry about the post before this. I got all messed up. :)

Edited by Maverick Master, 25 February 2006 - 11:13 AM.

Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)

LordofTheRings434

#7 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:01 PM

...you're doing this...on a Nite Finder?

Oops. If you notice, most of the breech-drop loaders are on relatively strong springers, like Starbuck's Luger (based on a highly modded Autogrip that was getting 80 foot ranges) and the BBB (which modded gets into the 70-80 foot range). Barrel lengths are about 8 inches (on the Luger) to about 12 inches (on Blue/Arcanis' BBB).

Most NFs perform best (from my observation) with a barrel from 3 to 4 inches. Any longer and the dart will stay in the barrel. Add to it a breechbolt loader that may/ may not (I'm not questioning your building ability) be totally airtight, and you can see where darts may not exit the barrel, much less shoot out with considerable range. The loader is fairly long...if you're attaching this to the end of your NF, you may even be losing some air volume in the extension of the barrel, where your dart drops in...all adding up to lost power.

You might want to band the plunger to see if you can get more power out of the NF, but I'm not one to rubberband or elastic my blasters...so you might have to search for the 411 on how to do that. Other than that, you may have to save that mod for one of your more powerful blasters. And go back to stuffin' darts into your NF.

My 2 cents on that one. Good luck.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#8 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:11 PM

My barrel is only 4" and i have already done all the mods possible for this gun and am getting 65'-75'.( Including banding it)

Also i'm doing this to a NF because i just wanted to try something different and i have enough of them.

Edited by Maverick Master, 25 February 2006 - 01:12 PM.

Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)

LordofTheRings434

#9 Nerfster12345

Nerfster12345

• Banned
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:09 PM

Yeah i do think you should do it on a more powerfull gun with more air output.
Classic military phrases:

"Retreating?! Heck no, we're just advancing in other direction!"

"Are there any experienced suicide bombers?"

"Any ship can be a minesweeper... once."

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users