Photo

Fall '06 Blasters

262 replies to this topic

#226 Lutinent Cole

Lutinent Cole

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:51 PM

Here is what you can do fashiznor117, quit school, and play nerf instead, or play nerf in school. That's what I did :blink:
Whats wrong with ya? Lets check you chart........ OH MY GOD!

#227 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:26 PM

play nerf in school

That is a fine way to end up with a highly publicized suspension.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#228 fashiznor117

fashiznor117

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:40 PM

Here is what you can do fashiznor117, quit school, and play nerf instead, or play nerf in school. That's what I did :D

Yeah, I don't think that's something my high-school would be too happy about. It would be fun, though.

About the new guns, the magstrike seems like a less than $30 gun. Is it packaged with 2 like the dart set?

#229 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:58 AM

About the new guns, the magstrike seems like a less than $30 gun. Is it packaged with 2 like the dart set?

Nope. However, it does come with an extra clip, a Dart Tag vest, and official Nerf protective sunglasses.

...all in your choice of Red or Blue coloration!

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#230 fashiznor117

fashiznor117

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:10 PM

Maybe it's just the picture that makes it look like that.

#231 Allan

Allan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:21 PM

Here is what you can do fashiznor117, quit school, and play nerf instead, or play nerf in school.  That's what I did  <_<

Yeah, I don't think that's something my high-school would be too happy about. It would be fun, though.

Back when I was in high school I organised a nerf war with everyone who was at the 30 hour famine. There where about 25 of us in tottal. No one had there own guns I just brought my whole arsenal and we had a huge war in the second floor of the school. It was pretty sweet.

#232 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:46 PM

My question concerns the stock of the Magstrike, is it actually comfortable to shoulder? Or is it a psuedo(of sorts) stock like on the Double shot where it is so small that it couldn't possibly be useful?

I am aware that the longshots stock was mentioned to be comfortable, so if this question was already posted show it to me.

#233 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:06 PM

Yes, the stock was very comfortable when I shouldered it. It's plastic shell has a curved surface on the rear, which helps it fit fairly well to the contour of the shoulder.

I've never shouldered a Double Shot so I wouldn't be able to draw a connection between the two, but I've shouldered lots of guns and it was pretty comfortable.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#234 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:53 PM

I don't know if this helps but I think it gives a bit more detail on the LS and compares it to the mav size.....Longshot

Edit- I didn't take that pic- I found it.

Edited by nerfer34, 13 April 2006 - 06:54 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#235 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:56 PM

I've never shouldered a Double Shot so I wouldn't be able to draw a connection between the two, but I've shouldered lots of guns and it was pretty comfortable.

-Groove

The doubleshot's stock is only about 4-5" long. So you either have to just hold it out or extend it out with cardboard, pvc, etc.

But anyway, thanks.

#236 SneakUP

SneakUP

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:51 PM

Any Idea of how much these guns will be. And do you think the magstrike will be able to shoot both clips after primeing it once?
GOT FOAM?!

#237 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:09 PM

Any Idea of how much these guns will be. And do you think the magstrike will be able to shoot both clips after primeing it once?

Oh my fucking christ.

Read the entire topic you asshole. The prices have been mentioned so many times that it's dizzying.

$29.99.

So many fucking times.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#238 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:06 AM

Holy Crap, I can't wait for fall.
igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#239 fashiznor117

fashiznor117

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:23 PM

Hasbro would be smarter to release them in the Summer when more kids are playing. I'll probably be buying the longshot first.

#240 m15399

m15399

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:37 PM

Super Soakers dominate the summer. It's when it gets cold again that kids get their parents to take them to the store to get some more toy guns. B)

#241 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:25 PM

Holy fucking shit!!!

The longshot is the next blaster i'm getting.period.

And for anybody who remembers me, im not fully back, just about 2/5 percent back. I'll be posting a little but not nerfing too much.

Mebe its time to take my trusty A-storm out of reitrement, eh?
Black Masks & Gasoline

#242 Bungee950

Bungee950

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:38 PM

Well, I'm going to have to buy the Longshot. Man. Can't wait for fall.
Kraft Smack-n-cheese: Smacking the rich and giving cheese to the poor.

#243 VGN

VGN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:13 PM

Whoamg. Wishlist update:
Crossfire
MAGSTRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy I decided to show up here and at the HQ when I did.

Edited by VGN, 04 May 2006 - 09:14 PM.

The founder of the NNN!
Behold!

#244 Spartan064

Spartan064

• Banned
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:17 AM

The Scope comes off and can be fit on ANY of the NStrike blasters with the rail system on top (ie Nightfinder which looks sick, Firefly, etc.)

damit is that why they have those stoopid orange pieces... I took those off
"Giggity!" - Quagmire

#245 m15399

m15399

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:27 PM

No it's so you can connect them to a titan and make a 20 pound unusable weapon.

http://nerfhaven.com...php?strip_id=17
^It's very similar.

#246 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:59 PM

damit is that why they have those stoopid orange pieces... I took those off

No it's so you can connect them to a titan and make a 20 pound unusable weapon.

The scope on the longshot uses the same rail system as the titan and the crossfire, so the orange things are for the scope as well as connecting to a titan, though I'm not sure if the orange things are required for either. I think the only thing you need on the gun for it to attach (to a scope, titan, or CF) is the rail itself.

And a Titan with another weapon attached is not unusable. It's actually pretty fun carrying a full N-strike system in an indoor war, even though its ridiculous and impractical, the look on your friend's face when you spray 7 darts and a giant missile at him is priceless. <_<

Probably dead by now, or something.

#247 nerfsnipa

nerfsnipa

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 01:06 AM

It’s the moment you all have been waiting for. Hasbro has released info to us about the new fall ’06 lineup. Before I even begin, let me just say that these are 2 of the GREATEST looking and coolest blasters to come out……dare I say, EVER!

Ok, let’s get down to it. This year we were allowed to add Groove to the elite few who have been to Hasbro. BEFORE ANYONE EVEN POSTS ABOU IT, NO YOU CAN’T GO. Anyone who asks and/or bitches will not only NEVER have the opportunity, but may find themselves on the receiving end of a 9999 special.

Posted Image
First up the Magstrike. Simply put, this is everything we wanted the PC to be AND MORE. It comes with 2 removable clips. The clips are smaller and lighter than the PC’s. and they have a belt clip on them. You get 2 in the box and they are fully removable w/o modification. The stock on the back now houses the bladder. It’s exactly the PC’s internals, flipped around. The blaster is extremely well balanced and fires nicely. I can’t wait to use it. I really think I will change many views on automatic blasters in wars. They will be available in blue and red to coincide with the Dart Tag team theme.

Hopefully that cleared that up. Any questions please post and Talio, Groove, or I will answer as best we can.

NOW ON TO THE MOTHER LOAD.

Posted Image
The Longshot is the baddest thing on the planet. Badder than the Power Glove. ALMOST Badder than Chuck Norris. Anyway, on to the blaster. It is by far the longest blaster ever built. Imagine everything about the FAR in a REAL Nerf blaster. This thing has been in development longer than the FAR so no comments about it being a rip off.

The specs:
It uses a clip system. It really works. It works b/c it uses a new streamline ammo. The micro dart tips are now even with the foam. No more collar. Dare I say, they might make for good stefans. It houses a spare clip in the butt. The stock is adhustable. It is bolt action just like the far after every shot. The Scope comes off and can be fit on ANY of the NStrike blasters with the rail system on top (ie Nightfinder which looks sick, Firefly, etc.) The bipod is kinda cool. The font is actually another blaster. Man there is so much to tell about this blaster. I hope I got most of it.

For the record, we have no info on ranges or anything like that. Nothing to measure with, but by sight I think the Magstrike out performed a PC. The Longshot shoots extremely well for such a complicated gun. Also, no info on internals. We just didn’t wee them.

Good News:
The Magstrike looks easy to Mod.

Bad News:
I’m REALLY skeptical on the Longshot’s moddability. It’s extremely complex and who knows what one can do to it. Again, this is just speculation b/c we have not seen the internals.

ENJOY, and hit us up with those questions.

ahhhhhhh *drools* i need to get the longshot... ive been obsessing for about a week or 2, ive got a question, how far does it shoot? farther than any other nerf gun i hope (that would be sweet) and you also said it was a mock scope that worked to some extenct? how much does it work?

#248 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:34 PM

For the record, we have no info on ranges or anything like that. Nothing to measure with, but by sight I think the Magstrike out performed a PC.

how far does it shoot? farther than any other nerf gun i hope.

That's pretty much self-explanitory.

#249 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:14 AM

So theoretically, you could combine the Titan (and Hornet) to the Longshot to make one gigantic clip fed, missile launching, 6 more micro firing, bolt action, panick button equipped, extra clip weilding, super foam weapon of foamination and bad-assulating overweight, and overly size, gun? Kick ass, give me a release date. (when we get one)
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#250 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:07 AM

All I can say is "wow".

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users