Fall '06 Blasters

262 replies to this topic

#1 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:15 PM

It’s the moment you all have been waiting for. Hasbro has released info to us about the new fall ’06 lineup. Before I even begin, let me just say that these are 2 of the GREATEST looking and coolest blasters to come out……dare I say, EVER!

Ok, let’s get down to it. This year we were allowed to add Groove to the elite few who have been to Hasbro. BEFORE ANYONE EVEN POSTS ABOU IT, NO YOU CAN’T GO. Anyone who asks and/or bitches will not only NEVER have the opportunity, but may find themselves on the receiving end of a 9999 special.

Posted Image
First up the Magstrike. Simply put, this is everything we wanted the PC to be AND MORE. It comes with 2 removable clips. The clips are smaller and lighter than the PC’s. and they have a belt clip on them. You get 2 in the box and they are fully removable w/o modification. The stock on the back now houses the bladder. It’s exactly the PC’s internals, flipped around. The blaster is extremely well balanced and fires nicely. I can’t wait to use it. I really think I will change many views on automatic blasters in wars. They will be available in blue and red to coincide with the Dart Tag team theme.

Hopefully that cleared that up. Any questions please post and Talio, Groove, or I will answer as best we can.

NOW ON TO THE MOTHER LOAD.

Posted Image
The Longshot is the baddest thing on the planet. Badder than the Power Glove. ALMOST Badder than Chuck Norris. Anyway, on to the blaster. It is by far the longest blaster ever built. Imagine everything about the FAR in a REAL Nerf blaster. This thing has been in development longer than the FAR so no comments about it being a rip off.

The specs:
It uses a clip system. It really works. It works b/c it uses a new streamline ammo. The micro dart tips are now even with the foam. No more collar. Dare I say, they might make for good stefans. It houses a spare clip in the butt. The stock is adhustable. It is bolt action just like the far after every shot. The Scope comes off and can be fit on ANY of the NStrike blasters with the rail system on top (ie Nightfinder which looks sick, Firefly, etc.) The bipod is kinda cool. The font is actually another blaster. Man there is so much to tell about this blaster. I hope I got most of it.

For the record, we have no info on ranges or anything like that. Nothing to measure with, but by sight I think the Magstrike out performed a PC. The Longshot shoots extremely well for such a complicated gun. Also, no info on internals. We just didn’t wee them.

Good News:
The Magstrike looks easy to Mod.

Bad News:
I’m REALLY skeptical on the Longshot’s moddability. It’s extremely complex and who knows what one can do to it. Again, this is just speculation b/c we have not seen the internals.

ENJOY, and hit us up with those questions.
I hate you.

#2 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:16 PM

Holy crap! Thanks! I am going to look at it some more!

Edit: That Magstrike is awesome! Wow. Outperforms a Powerclip too?

Edited by Crappy Nerfer, 24 February 2006 - 03:37 AM.

"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#3 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:23 PM

I'm getting those. What month does spring start?

Also where's the third gun on the longshot?

Edited by sistermol, 23 February 2006 - 10:27 PM.

Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:24 PM

I hate you. I really hate you all. How the fuck am I going to have money for college if they keep rolling this kind of shit out? Thanks Hasbro, you're the reason why I'm going to be on the streets.

On a brighter note, shit that longshot looks complicated. Modding that thing is going to be one hell of a challenge; I just hope it's a worthwhile challenge. Like, optimistically, maybe 80' modded.

~ompa

#5 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

I fucking knew the magstrike had PC written all over it.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#6 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

The PC remake is pretty effin nifty. It's like a christmas present come true :D
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#7 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:25 PM

HOLY SHIT, I got GD to post!
I hate you.

#8 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:26 PM

From the sound of this, this fall is going to be the MOST KICK-ASS fall ever, and those new micros have me wondering...

#9 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:28 PM

This is great!! Nerf finally realized what it is us nerfers really want, and they sure responded to our ideas and mods (such as the removable clip for pc and etc). These blasters should have everything we want, and when modded I bet they will be even better. I literally can't wait. :D
Member of Team Stealth

-Check it out and vote in our poll!

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

OMC, just curious; when you fired the Longshot, does it feel like it has the same cocking mechanism as the Eagle Eye?

Or, does anyone other than me basically a slightly re-designed Sawtooth? Like, with a bigger handle and different clip?

And just a side note; just from looking at the size of the handle on the longshot, and assuming it's near the size of other recently-released nerf guns, you can get an approxmiation on the length of the plunger tube, assuming it has the same length as the hold the rod goes through. I'm going to guestimate around 4-5 inches plunger tube length, meaning the actual travel distance of the plunger to be around 3-4 inches. Which isn't half bad if you think about a NF plunger.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 23 February 2006 - 10:33 PM.

#11 Arcanum

Arcanum

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

If there was ever a reason to pick up nerf again, this is it.
Universtiy of Illinois Fighting Illini

#12 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:35 PM

Now that I think about it. The Magstrike looks just like a pintball gun but in a Nerf version.

And how many pumps did it take to prime it OMC?

Edited by Crappy Nerfer, 24 February 2006 - 03:37 AM.

"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

- Death

- nerfer34

#13 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:37 PM

Sorry ompa can't really give you an answer on that, b/c I'm not sure. I never fired the Longshot either. It's much more than a redesigned sawtooth. You have to move the bolt back and forth to fire it. Kinda hard to explain.

Magstrike primes like the PC.

Edited by One Man Clan, 23 February 2006 - 10:37 PM.

I hate you.

#14 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

OMC, is there a link you could give us that has the official anouncment of these guns (with the pictures)? I have looked around the hasbro website and could not find it. A link would be great. Thanks
Member of Team Stealth

#15 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:41 PM

I was gone ten minutes in the bathroom and you people have posted like 8 times thats amazing.

12 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
10 Members: sistermol, Crappy Nerfer, ompa, Uncle Hammer, crackshot, NinjZ, lilsniper, One Man Clan, Arcanum, Groove

Edited by sistermol, 23 February 2006 - 10:42 PM.

#16 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:41 PM

OMC, is there a link you could give us that has the official anouncment of these guns (with the pictures)?  I have looked around the hasbro website and could not find it.  A link would be great.  Thanks

Here you go:

http://www.hasbro.co...ase&release=443

Edit: Nevermind, I don't think there is an article with the pictures. Just here I believe.

Edited by Crappy Nerfer, 24 February 2006 - 03:38 AM.

- Death

- nerfer34

#17 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:43 PM

Those are the only available pictures of the blasters. They were sent directly to me by Hasbro. They are scans of artwork from the actual packaging.
I hate you.

#18 crackshot

crackshot

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:43 PM

Definitely getting the magstrike, b/c I need a new indoor primary.
Question: Is the scope on the longshot adjustable? It looks like there's a dial there or something.
Question:Will hasbro be selling excess parts like clips/scopes?
-cs

#19 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:45 PM

Crappynerfer, I know of this link, I was just asking if there was an official link for the new pictures of the guns. But since there aren't any, then nevermind.
Member of Team Stealth

#20 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:45 PM

Not really adjustable, but that may change by the time it hits shelves.

There are plans to pursue that, but I don't know right now. We may see accessoires for them like they did for Lazer Tag. Let them know it would be something you are interested in.
I hate you.

#21 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:49 PM

OMC Do you know what the third gun on the longshot looks like?

#22 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:50 PM

OMC, is the longshot able to be shot without the gun on the front on? Also, do you have any details on the pistol on the front? Is it just like a NF only different design? How about its size? Let us know anything about it. Thanks!!

Sistermol- What do you mean by third gun? Was that a typo or is there actually 3 guns on the longshot?

Edited by lilsniper, 24 February 2006 - 11:40 AM.

Member of Team Stealth

#23 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:53 PM

There is no third gun on the longshot, its only 2.

Yes you can fire it without the other gun attached. Its much bigger than the NF, more like Eagle Eye size. It fires pretty good. I don't know much about it, b/c I didn't mess with it.
I hate you.

#24 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:54 PM

Here are my questions:

1) Can you go into more detail about the scope? Is it just a moc scope like all the other NERF scopes, or is it some kind of red-dot scope?

2) I'm a little confused about the LongShot. Since it's two blasters, I'm a little confused. When they are together, the bolt action part of the LS has a pretty damn long barrel with that pistol attached to the front. Does the LS' barrel extend into the pistol part when connected?

Assuming the Magazines for the LS are what actually make up the barrel I see little hope for this being a decent primary.

Edited by NinjZ, 23 February 2006 - 10:57 PM.

#25 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:56 PM

you know there are 13 members on this topic and no their where only two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users