Photo

Nba Thoughts

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:08 PM

If anyone on NH follows basketball, I just wanted to see what your guys favorite players are, that currently play. Also your favorite team. I just am curious to see what your guys favorite teams and players are. I don't know if this thread will go anywhere since I do not know if anyone follows basketball, but what ever maybe everyone does.

To start off, my favorite players are Tracy Mcgrady and Steve Francis.

P.S.- Steve Francis has been traded onto the New York Knicks. They are fricking stacked now, they have:
- Stephon Marbury
- Steve Francis
- Jalen Rose
- Jamal Crawford
- Nate Robinson
- Quentin Richardson
- Eddy Curry
And thats just off the top of my head, so to conclude they are my favorite team as of now.

Edited by Rip32, 22 February 2006 - 08:09 PM.

http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#2 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:40 PM

Rip Hamilton
Chauncey Billups
Tayshaun Prince
Rasheed Wallace
BIG BEN WALLACE

Best 5 players in the league, because they make up the best TEAM in the league, the DETROIT PISTONS!!!

Ture there's somebody better than each of them at their positions, but nobody can play together like those five guys, talk about a stacked lineup.

Edited by VeggieBoy 3000, 22 February 2006 - 08:40 PM.

Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#3 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:46 PM

Thats funny I used to like Richard Hamilton a lot, and I still do. I love his motion off the ball, and his nice mid shot jumper. Hence my username RIP32. Yea that is true about Detroit they are pretty stacked and they play good as a team, but I think San Antonio is a close second.

Edited by Rip32, 22 February 2006 - 08:46 PM.

http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#4 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:25 PM

I'm not really an avid follower of the NBA, at least, not since the Chicago Bulls Dream Team. To provide insight on the topic, my vote goes to the homestate team: Minnesota Timberwolves. My favorite player now is Kevin Garnett. I mean, straight out of high school? He had to have been dominant from the start.

PS: I see you like Stephon Marbury, so do I. Guess where he started out... ^_^
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#5 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:57 AM

In my opinion, the NBA is just shit.
I have seen less fast breaks in AND1, and that says something. NBA is just up-and-down, transition basketball. If someone could play an ounce of defence, or at least have vision on offence before they turn the ball over, there wouldn't be nearly as many fast breaks, alleys and dunks per game.
NBA is like the street equivilant of any real, text book basketball.
It's all show, where plays are run for specific players, with specific moves. Sure, you can rely on MJ or Reggie for a clutch, but we're talking about isolation and specific screens every time up the court.

And if you doubt my qualifications on any of this, I'm currently playing Under-18s State Championship, was recently scouted for an American College Basketball prep program and am about to tour America with my team over the christmas break.

PS-EDIT: You guys have heard of the travelling rule, right?

Edited by taita_cakes, 23 February 2006 - 02:59 AM.

Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:05 AM

Well someone was talking about Tayshaun Prince and that guy has the longest arms I've ever seen. They like literally go down to his knees. Well my favorite players are Ray Allen and Elton Brand.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users