Photo

loser Poll

Titan crossbow or AT2k

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Which gun would you rather use for sniping (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Which gun would you rather use for sniping

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nerfster12345

Nerfster12345

• Banned
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:10 AM

Sorry about the douche thing i had no clue about the word censor. But still vote for the gun you think is the best for range

Edited by Nerfster12345, 18 February 2006 - 11:23 AM.

Classic military phrases:

"Retreating?! Heck no, we're just advancing in other direction!"

"Are there any experienced suicide bombers?"

"Any ship can be a minesweeper... once."

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

#2 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:16 AM

I would suggest you read this thread, and pay particular attention to a specific point.

Don't ever under any circumstances post a ``which gun is best'' thread.

In addition, you may have come across our word censor. If you haven't, look at the topic title and you will know what I mean. That is because there is no such thing in nerf; we prefer to use the term long range weapon instead.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#3 Nerfster12345

Nerfster12345

• Banned
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:45 AM

I'm sorry man as you can see I kinda new at this
Classic military phrases:

"Retreating?! Heck no, we're just advancing in other direction!"

"Are there any experienced suicide bombers?"

"Any ship can be a minesweeper... once."

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:56 PM

To answer your question, it's all really a matter of opinion.

If you want the farthest range possable from a blaster, The Titan by far has the most air output for that. With such power, there is an obvious downside. The Titan takes quite a few pump to get primed and is usually banned at most wars ( too powerfull ).

The Crossbow and the AT2K get similar ranges using two different styles of blaster. The AT2K is still available in stores and is a simple fast mod ( if you singe barrel it. I would multi barrel it though ). A virgin Crossbow will run you a pretty penny and people get varied results with one.

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:03 PM

The benefit of an X-bow is that no matter how it breaks (because all guns eventually will), you can fix it. Plunger rod? Hell you can replace the whole thing with an aluminum tube. Somehow cracked the actual tube? I'm willing to bet there's a pvc size just for that. With an AT2k, it can be a pain in the ass, especially if it's the check valve; in which case you need to find a suitable donor pump, which can be a pain in the ass to get to fit in the case.

The upside to an AT2k is it is extremely small, hence easier to handle. and run with. Put a clip on either or and you can get ranges of around 100' (single barreled, X-bow banded), with a fairly quick reload time. I have clips on both my AT2k and X-bow.

~ompa

#6 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:48 PM

I'm sorry man as you can see I kinda new at this

And therein lies your choice.

The question is, what kind of Nerf games will you and your group be playing? Indoors in a house with relatively small rooms and hallways? Practically anything could serve as a 'snpier' (spelling deliberate) weapon, since ranges aren't such a big deal, and you don't need to contend with wind, etc.

Now outside, what do you plan on doing primarily? CTF? Eliminations? Play army man? Whatever floats your boat, consider this; Nerf blasters, for the most part, are SHORT RANGE toys. We're talking 100 feet max, for the most part. Any of your three choices are fine for that, and the differences are pretty much a matter of choice. The soaker conversions, PVC homemades, etc. are (with the right weight of darts) really good on long ranges, but take forever to prime (or need an air compressor; how much fun is that?) Not to mention, having one blaster/ gun that is dominant in ranges makes the games stand-offish and boring (let's take out the 'snpier', once he kills one of us or misses, he needs 20 pumps to prime that thing.)

If that frosts your cookies to dress in cammies and stare each other down from a block away, that's fine if it gives you a rush. Frankly, for me, it doesn't. I like Nerfing with my kids and the neighborhood that gets my heartrate and VO2(max) into the optimum zone, and where the pace is almost non-stop. Rarely do we have blasters that creep into the 90-100 foot range, and we score most of our hits from within 20-30 feet anyway (which stings like the dickens, but is fun as hell).

But...given those three choices, I'd say the AT2k, for the reason that Ompa gave; it's compact, easy to run with for the most part, takes four to five pumps to prime to max, and does in fact get easy 100 foot ranges.

Titan; badass when modded but takes 10-15 pumps on the weird pump location (stock), and is also the largest of the three.

Crossbow; I don't have one, so because of envy I say no. :lol:

Personally, I have a SM5000 that really does well for long ranges. Good luck in finding one, though.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

I like the super max 5000 better than my titan. So if you can get a hold of a sm5k go with that. But out of the guns on your poll the at2k is the best one for a new member to mod. The titan gets the best range and is also easy to mod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users