Boltsniper's F.a.r

Needs more detail...

3 replies to this topic

#1 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:51 AM

I have recently have tried to make this gun made by Boltsniper. I got all the parts only to find that in Canada (where i live) only sells SCH 40 pipes. So i took a trip to the U.S and got some regular ones.

Problem:

His plans arn't detailed enough. He didn't say how long the magazine spring is, nor did he say if the AR15 Action Spring was for the Carbine or not. I tried to e-mail him but he never answered!

Does anyone have the same problem as me?

----------

After a little while I gave up on it... Making my own gun...

Edited by six-five-two, 18 February 2006 - 12:53 AM.

#2 Spider-Waffle

Spider-Waffle

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:20 AM

I sure he'll respond soon or someone else that's made his gun.

Edited by Spider-Waffle, 18 February 2006 - 01:20 AM.

#3 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:12 AM

Pretty sure he used the regular AR spring for the FAR, I remember him saying in This thread (or therebouts) there was a difference. I also looked and he used the carbine spring for the GNS, and since I knew he used different springs for the two guns (hence his need of clarification about the difference of the springs), logic dictates that the regular spring is the one you want.

Good luck on building a FAR, it is quite an undertaking from what I understand and I have yet to attempt it (Gotta build up the nerve first).

#4 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:55 AM

It says in the parts list in the plans that it is a RIFLE length spring. Plus it is stated about 10 other times in threads on this site. It is also stated on my website on the Q and A page. That was actually the first question answered.

The magazine spring is a coil spring so it's length is meaningless.

I get a lot of questions everyday and don`t have the time to keep track of them all and answer. That is why I created the 'Q and A' page on my website. Please browse that page for some common questions and answers and if you do have questions ask them through that page.

For the most part I have stopped answering the questions asking: "Will you build me one" and "what the fuck spring is that"? I have answered those so many times that it seems so pointless now to keep answering them....

Good luck on your gun. I am glad to help out in any way.

Edited by boltsniper, 18 February 2006 - 11:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users