Photo

Nerfhaven Gun Reviews?

5 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:01 PM

I think that somewhere on this site there should be a small guide to help the new Nerfers out to see which gun is right for them( price and performance). A place like nerfcenter.com doesn't have any new gun reviews since 2001. So if anyone would like to make a review then please start it off preferably a new gun).
Note to Admins- If this is a bad idea please stop me immediatly.
Thanks keep on Nerfing.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#2 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:26 PM

This is an idea, but I'm sure it's been mentioned before. I don't really think it would work here for a multitude of reasons.

1.) With the ingenious mods/integrations/homemade guns the NIC has been pumping out as of late, there can be no accurate official review.
2.) Threads pertaining to review are prone to flaming and useless posts. What may end up happening is an banning genocide on people making pointless mistakes. Basically it would mean more work for the admins, and they are pressed for time as it is.
3.) Reviews made will be very opinionated. People might make bad choices based on the considerations of another.

It's a thoughtful idea, but there are trade-offs involved with it. This is my opinion, but I think you'll find it's pretty general.

~Rings

Edited by LordoftheRing434, 15 February 2006 - 10:27 PM.

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#3 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:40 PM

We don't really need it as that is what the search feature is for. Have questions about how a gun works? Want to know if it's any good modded? Just use search. A lot of it is just opinion anyway. This site isn't exactly geared towards newbies afterall

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:27 AM

A place like nerfcenter.com doesn't have any new gun reviews since 2001.

Almost all of Nerf centers reviews are made on the gun in its stock form. I dont generally trust that site.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#5 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:22 AM

However, stock forms can be good for some people. Like the Blastfire which has a great stock form, but is known to be a pain to mod. I must agree that the Hornet is a pain, epecially in removing its air restrictors. I must say I like stock guns, but my SM3000 died, but I'm gonna shoot to barrel mod it someday. I also want to barrel mod some other guns I own too. I've realized the only way to get dramatic improvment in range and accuracy is my barrel replacment. Restrictor removal won't do much.

Edited by SG Pilot, 16 February 2006 - 07:24 AM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#6 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:02 AM

A couple of things. First off this site doesn't cater to unmodified blasters and if you've spent more then two seconds here you'd realize that's pretty much the entire purpose of the hobby. Second, reviews of nerf guns are far to subjective to be taken seriously. You could do a really good mod and say the gun is great when someone else does a worse mod and says it's horrible.

Where does this leave you as a new member? It leaves you to option to try stuff out. I didn't know how to mod either when I joined the community. Ask anyone who's played with me what my Eagle Eye mod looks like. It's horrifying and broke rather quickly.Yet now I do pretty awesome mods with little effort. It didn't take long and I got better. Or do something from this site.

Final verdict. No reviews.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users