Photo

Stripped Screws

4 replies to this topic

#1 cowboybibby

cowboybibby

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:35 PM

what do you guys do if you strip a screw??

#2 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:41 PM

I usually dont let it happen.. Use a good screw driver that fits well.

But if you do have a stripped screw I would suggest either drilling it, or just snapping the gun in the place where the stripped screw holds the two halfs together.

#3 Dragonteuthis

Dragonteuthis

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:11 PM

My Hornet came with a stripped screw, something that upset me a bit. That, combined with the difficulty of taking the darn thing apart has kept me from modding it as of yet.

If I get around to it, I'll probably try snapping that section. I hate to do it, but it fires really poorly.

#4 SpectreX

SpectreX

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:55 PM

I had a couple of screws strip on me before I realized that the screw driver I was using was just a little bit too small. It worked great for the little internal screws, but stripped the bigger case screws. I solved this by buying a slightly bigger screw driver that works great for the case screws, and I was able to use the bigger screw driver to force out the ones the smaller driver stripped. My advice is to have at least two screw drivers that you can switch between depending on what the situation calls for. If you try to use one for everything, odds are you're going to end up stripping the screws easily.

#5 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:59 PM

I usually just drill them out. If the plastic is stripped, I put super glue and baking soda on the hole. It makes a hard plastic thats holds in place. After it has dried, drill a hole big enough for your screw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users