• 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:01 AM

should I get a 3b?

#2 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:54 PM

I, personally, am among the people who don't like the BBB - I never got any results off of it, and I couldn't get the catch back in once I opened it up. So now I have a half screwed up BBB with the front sawed off gathering dust. Not too fun - I payed a pretty penny for it before the re-release. Others, like CustomSnake, have gotten really nice results off of it and really like it. It's all a matter of luck, I think. Or skill. Probably skill, I'm not the best modder ever. But don't expect to get over 70' flat with a BBB.

In my humble opinion, I think you should find a Maxshot. You could probably find one on ebay for $20ish, which is how much a BBB is at stores (right?). And Maxshots get easily over 85' flat when singled. But all in all, it's your cash. Just don't be an idiot and get ripped off like that guy who payed like $110+ for an LnL or something insane like that.

TS

#3 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:09 PM

Well the BBB is one of the few large(well not pistol sized) that is spring/ manual powered. I personally think it is a must have but many others think differently, I.E Team_Slaya. If you want more reviews check out nerfcenter.com.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#4 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:39 PM

I have gotten pretty good results from my BBB but man, if you can get your hands on a maxshot it is by far superior. I found a bunch in an ocean state job lot and I grabbed four right away, two for presents and two for myself. They are absolutely my favorite nerf guns.

#5 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:06 PM

I would get one if i were you there very good guns and when modded right thay can get desent ranges and thay have great accurase. I suggest you mod it with a mop from fred myers heres a pic of one. You can normaly find them in the toy section im getting 90feet flat with mine. Keep in mind this is one i have cut in half they have a red handel in the middel of them. Posted Image

#6 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:32 PM

90' level? You called it "decent range" in the first sentence and then later stated 90', which is way more than "decent" for a modded gun. Many people here would believe 70', but not 90' without some solid proof.

Additionally, I will state again that there is no such thing as an "accurate gun." Accuracy is a user-based stat in Nerf. Real guns can factor in non-user based accuracy variables due to recoil, but Nerf guns have very little recoil. What recoil is present can be controlled by an experienced user, or not controlled well by a novice, which would make it appear that the gun is inaccurate. But if you really take the time [10 seconds] to think about it, the user is making the gun accurate or inaccurate. You control how well you aim, how you hold the gun, etc. The gun only fires the darts. You have all the control of where it fires the darts. It is kind of like using a video or digital camera. The camera is not causing a blurry image/shaky footage, it is you.

I really think "accuracy" does not belong as a universal stat, like other true gun-based stats like range, because of the above reasoning. No one seems to challenge the accepted, if the accepted appears to be flawed, and I don't understand why. Same for the lack of widespread and progressive innovation. There could be a lot more homemade designs out there if people took the time to come up with unique designs out of general interest to advance the current technology. Also, instead of building exactly what is posted, people should improve on those designs to suit their own local wars and conditions.

Let the Battle Begin! - WaterWar.net

MANL Record: 3-0 (2 wins on blue, 1 win on red)

USER IS TOO >>FAST>> TO BAN

#7 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:40 PM

I ment that its semi acurret if you use the sight it has on it. Im sorry i sould have said that in the first plase. And if you dont belive 90 feet go and get some of this mop tubeing it works super well for the 3b and other spring guns. But i can see why you wouldent belive my range. 90 feet was the best range out of 5 shots.

Edited by ogopogo, 12 February 2006 - 10:43 PM.

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

90' is possible with the BBB; I've heard from quite a few trustworthy people that get 90'.

~ompa

#9 techtargetmaster

techtargetmaster

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:51 PM

It depends on what kind of nerfer you are. If you are just buying it to add it to your aresenal, then sure, i find it is a trustworthy wepon. ( Sorry i do ont know how to spell wepon)

Edited by techtargetmaster, 13 February 2006 - 06:52 PM.

Oh my god, they killed kenny!

QUOTE: ("LDM")
I prefer Nerf guns.

#10 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:28 PM

Additionally, I will state again that there is no such thing as an "accurate gun."  Accuracy is a user-based stat in Nerf.  Real guns can factor in non-user based accuracy variables due to recoil, but Nerf guns have very little recoil.  What recoil is present can be controlled by an experienced user, or not controlled well by a novice, which would make it appear that the gun is inaccurate.  But if you really take the time [10 seconds] to think about it, the user is making the gun accurate or inaccurate.  You control how well you aim, how you hold the gun, etc.  The gun only fires the darts.  You have all the control of where it fires the darts.  It is kind of like using a video or digital camera.  The camera is not causing a blurry image/shaky footage, it is you. 

I really think "accuracy" does not belong as a universal stat, like other true gun-based stats like range, because of the above reasoning.  No one seems to challenge the accepted, if the accepted appears to be flawed, and I don't understand why.  Same for the lack of widespread and progressive innovation.  There could be a lot more homemade designs out there if people took the time to come up with unique designs out of general interest to advance the current technology.  Also, instead of building exactly what is posted, people should improve on those designs to suit their own local wars and conditions.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this point. Sometimes the accepted norm grew to be from simple logic. Guns absolutely vary in accuracy, though considering the inconsistencies in how they are modded, they will vary greatly from piece to piece. Accuracy in terms of a nerf gun is how consistently it fires a dart to the same place. Sure this depends on many factors aside from simply a choice of gun: the dart, the barrel, air conditions.

In my experience what aids accuracy greatly, aside from consistently creating darts, is barrel length, but I won't claim to have a definite theory of why this is. Sure, the ultimate factor in hitting a target is human ability, but the whole point of reviewing and modifying nerf is to use this skill to its best. You bet players are going to connect more passes using a well maintained soccer ball instead of one covered in blemishes; you can also bet someone who's never kicked a soccer ball won't notice the difference. I don't intend to start a big debate over this; I hate forums going off topic but here I am doing it. If nothing else, we can agree to disagree.

On the topic though, the big bad bow is one of my favorite guns, though I'll admit I haven't managed to see/use many of the classics people adore. If you put in the time to mod it correctly, it won't fail you.

#11 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

I agree pissbacon, after completing your 4B mod, with some slight changes, I am very happy with the performance of my Big Bad Bow. I'm getting 65' with my shit darts with the wrong wieghts in, and it has a pretty high ROF. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the performance of my gun.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#12 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 01:23 AM

Wow luke, you did my mod? Have you posted pics (can you)? I'd like to see what others have done with my design.

#13 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:04 PM

I've taken pics, they're just not uploaded yet, they'll either be up tomorrow, or next week due to the fact that I'm off to the Saskatchewan Winter Games tomorrow. It definately isn't as clean looking as yours, and it probably doesn't work as well, but it does work. After using a dart with the right weight in it, I'm getting 75' flat consistantly, but I'm having problems with the clip. I just need to make some darts that fit it properly.

Edited by Lukeinator, 14 February 2006 - 03:06 PM.

Ride it like it's stolen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users