Photo

Holsters & Ammo Holders

17 replies to this topic

#1 cowboybibby

cowboybibby

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:08 PM

does anyone have any cool pics of your holsters and/or ammo holders??

#2 lilsniper

lilsniper

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

Hey, i have a good idea for an ammo holder for your stefan micros that may attach right to your gun. Im sure it has been done before, so i dont take all credit if it has been done. Anyway take a 1/2 inch long piece of brass tubing (any size that fits your micros) and hot glue it to the side of your gun. Hot glue about 5 to the side (depending on how long your gun is and the space available). With this, you will have little brass tubes on the side of your gun that you can just slide you mircos into. Try to find the tightest tubing to prevent you micros from slipping out of the tubing. Let me know what you think. :)
Member of Team Stealth

-Check it out and vote in our poll!

#3 cybermystic

cybermystic

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:26 PM

Funny thing: A company called Kimber does the same thing with shotgun shells for their pump-action 12 gauge models. I believe they call it a 'side saddle.' I was thinking of using their idea myself.

#4 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:48 PM

Good concept, but brass is too expensive for ammo holders. Try using hack sawed stock barrels.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#5 ssgtsiler

ssgtsiler

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:12 PM

NF holster
I used duct tape for ammo holders. It's cheap, it's easy, it's fast and best of all: it's duct tape.

Link above shows my NF holster. It's a shabby job with the tape (ran out of camo, didn't bother to buy more) but it works very well, with the belt strap and the leg strap.

My Blowgun

Ammo storage thread
"War isn't about who's right, it's about who's left"

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:55 PM

Not a bad holster at all. I'd make it a little neater though. And for the idea of an ammo holder I either put a stock on my gun with like 15 pieces of cpvc across it for holding ammo and strap pieces of 1 inch cpvc to a belt or to the side of my gun.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:46 PM

No offense meant to anyone, but here's the best holster writeup I've seen on NH. I've used the method with 2 of my pistols with great success.

~ompa

#8 hoshiadam

hoshiadam

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:54 PM

Another way to create ammo holders is to attach some elastic straps to a piece of leather or the side the gun, loops just slightly smaller than the dart. Can easily sew the elastic onto a belt or bandoleer also. I usually use 1/4" or 3/8" wide elastic bands.

Adam

#9 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:43 AM

No offense meant to anyone, but here's the best holster writeup I've seen on NH. I've used the method with 2 of my pistols with great success.

~ompa

Why thank you, Ompa!

To the post above:

I took an old backpack shoulder strap, an old elastic waist band from a pair of boxers, and I made a bandolier for my shells that I use with my other SM5k. It works well; it just requires a couple hours of stitching the loops.

So there's another option for those not wanting to spend too much on elastic bands; boxer waists do the same thing.

Edited by Black Wrath, 10 February 2006 - 07:54 AM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#10 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:34 AM

Posted Image

There's a setup I've used in the past. Those are M-14 mag pouches. Fit PC clips like a dream.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#11 Ballman

Ballman

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:40 AM

Heh, I use the same thing Sarbuck, except mine are labled "M-16".

#12 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:44 PM

~ompa

I'll second that. Just finished making one for my PPK NF today. It's tough, strong and light. It looks pretty sexy too.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#13 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:47 PM

I recently constructed a holster for each type of pistol I own out of K'nex. the holsters are pretty sturdy and they can mount on any belt loop (for jeans) or, with a little modification, any waistband of sufficient thickness (for other pants, shorts, etc.) I also have a dart storage system that uses K'nex pieces, and I've even built an ammo box that held about 120 darts. If someone explains how to post pictures (and if anyone wants to see these things), I would be happy to take some pics of the holsters and ammo holders. If not, I apologize for wasting the time of anyone who read this reply.

By the way, keep in mind that I use stock Nerf darts and guns (I'm a casual indoor Nerfer, and I thus see no need to increase performance).

The holsters are for the Maverick, Nite Finder (old edition), and the Scout. I'm working on a Crossfire-compatible design, but no luck yet.
May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

#14 Beaver Vortex

Beaver Vortex

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:28 PM

K'nex? That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Is the entire thing K'nex or only the frame?
I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious.

#15 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:10 PM

There is a picture tutorial right here.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#16 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:09 PM

BTW if anyone is looking for holsters i've still got quite a few for sale.

#17 Mattf

Mattf

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:35 PM

I read that really big thread for making the cardboard, wire, cloth, and tape holster, and although I like it, I think it's too bulky for under-arm use. Especially with the NF.

Is there anything good for this? Are the recent tag pistols small enough?

#18 darkmills

darkmills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:38 AM

A way of making a pefect holster takes a lot of creativity. I've made several Rambo style duct tape micro dart straps. Each holds 15 micro darts and takes like 1 role of tape to make a dozen belts. You have to have a lot of patience though because you will mess up. If you don't want to make one I might sell you one. i've also made gun holsters out of duct tape.
I'M THE MAJORITY OF THE MINORITY FOLKS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users