Nerf Handgun Suggestions?

I NEED IDEAS

4 replies to this topic

#1 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 08:35 PM

Im looking at spending a reasonable amount of money (not just plain stupid) on a clip based semi-automatic pistol.... i have invented some of the wierdest machine guns/rpgs/and other stuff but my brain just cant suggest any ideas for how this would be done....

i would like to know if this has been done to a similar extent in a nerf product or whether anyone has any ideas or suggestions....

i dont care about the method of propulsion... even tho for a pistol i feel that co2 and o2 should be avoided if possible... i dont care what it looks like because im gonna have to re-arrange it to form a modern day sleek squared off berretta like the ones in cs or half life... and im also thinking of putting in a 7 micro dart clip

AND NOW THE QUEST HAS BEEN SET... GO FORTH AND BRAINSTORM
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#2 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 10:59 PM

So we're avoiding pre-pressurized air tanks, and favouring spring power? I have a design... But I can't back it up with proof of function, so I won't bother you with it except for this sentence. If you need a valve system that moves something forward 0 to 6cm when at rest, and back 0 to 6cm just before it's fired, I can help you. But the clip and breech system are still unsure; I can't seem to get shell seals working very well with what little pressure Nerf guns use to fire. You could up the air pressure used in a homemade, but then the tanks can't be pressurized by hand, and it's just not as fun anymore. Otherwise, I can synth some diagrams of the valve systems involved (they've been tossed around a bit for ease of build and material availability) if you want. It's summer, and I finally have some free time.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#3 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 11:55 PM

Your gonna have to find a different idea to use. Fitting all of that into a small gun is not going to be easy. A barrel, some sort of propulsion, a cilp, and all of that other crap is not going to be fit inside of that one package. If you wanna make something bigger with those thoughts, go ahead. Or prove me wrong and go do this...whatever works for you.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#4 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 12:26 AM

I have the plans drawn up.. The valve system and such are simple enough, but I do fear problems with pressure and friction from the small diameter of piping used... But that's why I need to make a prototype. The biggest problem seems to be the breech; I've made an inline, air-actuated breech for my Crossbow, and it had some shell seal issues... The vile thing didn't want to seal completely with the shell before or after firing, so large quantities of air were lost and the dart made it half-way into the barrel (Probably from the force of the piston alone... Crappy). If I can get this worked out, under the restrictions of low pressure (Not quite the same as manual actuation, it seems to me), then the rest of the gun is cake... You know, 400 for 1.5 hours, allow half an hour to cool, that kind of thing. I'm going to try posting some pics I've posted here before of this pistol... Anyone with Gmax I can send the scene to (Parts labelled, animation included).

http://www.geocities...ed/ugliness.txt

[I should mention the above pistol does not have a casing, which is integral to the blow-back facsimile, nor does it have a spring or piston system to return the barrel to it's original place.. I got lazy modelling either of those, but they're simple and easy to implement. Oh, and the trigger in the model is... Well, not for human fingers. Otherwise, air from the valve goes into the CPVC junction at the back, pushing back a 1/4" tubing "U" that pushes the casing back, along with the barrel and piston inside, sealing a new shell, and allowing air into the back of the breech, firing the dart. The spring then returns the barrel to its former position, or a piston returns the barrel back when the trigger is released. Range or RoF and realism, corresponding to the former or latter.]
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#5 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for the more than detailed response... now all i have to do is sit down and read this once i finally get some sleep... im on holidays to but it aint easy... in front of a compupter all day and then watching tv till midnite..... i am really tired and light headed.....

im sure i can case that, even if it is vital it remains uncased for the workings to operate... im in tasmania till monday mornin [Tasmania is that little island bellow victoria(not new zealand)] so i wont respond for a while... i gotta love all u nerds and ur 3d modelling programs, ur help is much apprechiated

so i gather that it isnt using spring shit (coz it says so) so is it pressurised air and
a) is it pre-pressurised air
:( do u have to pump it or
c) is it pre-pressurised co2
i dont care if it was written 100 times coz i would have missed it newaz....

ANY OTHER IDEAS ARE STILL WELCOME... EVEN A STUPID THING U THOUGHT ABOUT RANDOMLY BEFORE MOVING ONTO THOUGHTS OF JESSICA ALBA AND JENNIFE GARNER
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users