Photo

Nerf Is Better Than Paintball & Airsoft

27 replies to this topic

#1 dyeterminatorgen

dyeterminatorgen

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:54 PM

THIS IS THE PLACE TO POST YOUR OPINION OF WHY NERFING IS THE SUPERIOR HOBBY/SPORT/ULTIMAT TEST OF THE CREATIVE NERD. :P

#2 dyeterminatorgen

dyeterminatorgen

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:57 PM

I believe it is because of the ability to modify your weapon and make it your own. My guns have been through a lot, and I know every detail of them and they are my own personal piece of art.

#3 sniperdude

sniperdude

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:27 PM

Read

Edited by sniperdude, 29 January 2006 - 07:29 PM.

----If my toes were made of brocolli i would rule the world----

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:04 PM

THIS IS THE PLACE TO POST YOUR OPINION OF WHY NERFING IS THE SUPERIOR HOBBY/SPORT/ULTIMAT TEST OF THE CREATIVE NERD. :P

You're not planning on staying here long, are you?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:32 AM

Actually, he's already gone mein Fuhrer. I spilt him yesterday.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#6 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:16 PM

Hey, that wasn't very nice. I'm a nerfer, and I deserve to be able to post and read forums. I deserve it as much as or even more than some of the other guys. I havn't used bad language or anything. Why don't you like me, you don't even know me. Give me a chance. I LOVE NERF AND NOW YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE IT AWAY? Please reconsider your suspending me.
                                    Thanks,
                                                      Terminator

He deserves an account here, ain't that nice?

#7 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:54 PM

Hey, that wasn't very nice. I'm a nerfer, and I deserve to be able to post and read forums. I deserve it as much as or even more than some of the other guys. I havn't used bad language or anything. Why don't you like me, you don't even know me. Give me a chance. I LOVE NERF AND NOW YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE IT AWAY? Please reconsider your suspending me.
                                    Thanks,
                                                      Terminator

He deserves an account here, ain't that nice?

You'd better watch out, cxwq-- this guy might sue you for inhibiting his Constitutionally granted right to impose his immense stupidity on the rest of us.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#8 Wordbiker

Wordbiker

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:39 PM

You'd better watch out, cxwq-- this guy might sue you for inhibiting his Constitutionally granted right to impose his immense stupidity on the rest of us.

Now that was funny, I don't care who you are...

Well, I didn't see a welcome thread so I decided to start here. Howdy!
I am an occasional paintball player, and frankly...have never played Nerf games before (not unless you count torturing my sister when I was a kid and Nerf guns were new). I also didn't join the forums to learn how, as I like to bleed, and will stick with the thrills inherent with expanding CO2 and ballistic explosions of oily food byproducts for quelling my barely-contained impulse to hunt down and kill fellow "human beings". No, I joined because I had some questions to ask all of you about Nerf as I have a PC-related product I'd like to develop...and yeah, it involves non-hurty projectiles. I joined here specifically because the forums just cracked me up, and to discuss the Illuminatus Trilogy with cxwq. Does all that make me a bad person? (rhetorical question, don't answer)

Edited by Wordbiker, 30 January 2006 - 05:40 PM.

#9 Beaver Vortex

Beaver Vortex

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:37 PM

Not really, that's still probably better then those of us who are members of these forums and never really do anything on them. Like, you know, me. Just keep any "which is better" topics non-retarded. Or maybe not at all, since they always seem to gradually get stupider with time.

No wait, retorical question. Pretend I never said this.
I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious.

#10 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:39 AM

Falcon wrote up a good article on this very topic, which can be found here.
Holder of the original Split-Tech 2k

"Headband" - as so named by OMC
"That One Guy in the Pineapple Shirt" -So aptly named by Baghead

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:09 PM

Maybe I interpreted it wrong, but I don't think his article was to say outright, "Nerf is better than paintball and airsoft", it was just highlighting some of the advantages of Nerf as a sport. Someone could easily write the same article about one of the other three games.
SexD Warves

#12 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:46 PM

I can't imagine why anyone would feel the need to post on this subject (or in this thread) unless they really just like to see themselves type.

Which is better, snowboarding or skiing? Skin dive or SCUBA? Fresh or saltwater fishing? Epee or foil?

Who fucking cares? Pick one or more that interest you and enjoy. Let everyone else do the same.

This proselytizing is no better than the religious nuts who wander door to door trying to convert people.

#13 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:14 PM

Which is better, snowboarding or skiing? Skin dive or SCUBA? Fresh or saltwater fishing? Epee or foil?

Who fucking cares?

In response to Cxwq's questions I offer my answers:
Skiing; it's more classy and I know how
Skin Diving: Skin = sexy unless it's me....
I am against fishing, mostly cause I don't like sea food but also because we are depleating the oceans and damaging habitat.
Niether: Saber is better, cooler and more manly.
Not me, I do not fucking care. I own many nerf guns, 2 airsoft guns and a paintball gun (not that I use it all that much but I have it). Point is Nerfing doesn't exclude the posibility of plinking or paintchucking, and you can do all three, nor do you need to rip on one over the others.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#14 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:42 PM

I can't imagine why anyone would feel the need to post on this subject (or in this thread) unless they really just like to see themselves type.

Yeah, that pretty much covers the above post. I hope this thread dies soon.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#15 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:58 AM

Beg your pardon that is bull! My paintball gun would own you all and my BB gun would kill a cow!

Never diss paintball!

Edited by Crappy Nerfer, 02 February 2006 - 10:21 AM.

"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#16 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:57 AM

Don't make me close this topic, you wouldn't want the punishment that comes with it.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#17 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:22 AM

Beg your pardon that is bull! My paintball gun would own you all and my BB gun would kill a cow!

Never diss paintball!

And suddenly, his name makes so much more sense...
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#18 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:52 AM

Never diss paintball!

And suddenly, his name makes so much more sense...

Shut up, my friend posted that. I atleast fixed the grammar and spelling.
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#19 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:57 AM

Understood. Apologies. Just assume my comment applied to him, then.
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#20 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:14 AM

No, it's your fault for letting your friend use your account.

#21 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

Apology withdrawn.

Oh, and tell your friend it doesn't matter how fast he can pull his trigger if I hit him from outside his range with my Custom Stock Class Phantom...stupid autocockers.

I hate spray and pray.

Edited by Falcon, 02 February 2006 - 06:43 PM.

----------||||||||)

#22 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:43 PM

Crappy, it seems to me you were banned before. Are you sure you've taken the time to see how these forums are governed, and are rehabilitated? And what the hell was with this?
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#23 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:47 PM

To look at this from a literature lover's standpoint, your signature is a very distinct example of the literary mechanic known as foreshadowing, in which something is alluded to early on that suggests to something yet to come.

AKA: best of luck to you...

Another thing it brings up by the way, is called IRONY. Look it up.

Edited by Falcon, 02 February 2006 - 06:48 PM.

----------||||||||)

#24 Link Skyrim

Link Skyrim

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:29 PM

PLease, just lock this topic. Nothing good is happing here. Its just spam and shit. It makes my heart hurt to read this. Just for the love of nerf just close this damn topic.

#25 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:27 PM

PLease, just lock this topic. Nothing good is happing here. Its just spam and shit. It makes my heart hurt to read this. Just for the love of nerf just close this damn topic.

We don't do that. Instead I'll just be handing out a minimal 30 day suspension to the next person that posts in this topic.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users