Photo

New From Nerf

11 replies to this topic

#1 cowboybibby

cowboybibby

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:27 PM

Does anyone know what Nerf is coming out with in the coming months??

#2 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:43 PM

No, we don't. We are not corporate insiders. Ok well except for The Chief, who is but doesn't post very often, and isn't going to tell us anything unless Nerf/Hasbro says so. On occasion in the past One Man Clan and Talio have been lucky enough to be contacted by Nerf and seen products before release, but this has been on Nerf's terms and usually OMC and Talio are restricted on how and when they can share this info with the NIC (nerf internet community for you new members).

At any rate, Do not, I repeat, do not ask Talio or OMC about new guns, as:
1) it makes them mad, and they may suspend you for asking an annoying question when in the past they have shared info as soon as they can.
2) I do not believe that they have had any recent contact about new guns

Also don't try pestering The Chief, for similar reasons and because as an employee The Cheif may be bound by confidentiality** from telling us about stuff before products are reveiled to the public.

**Note, many corporate iemployees are prevented from communicating the development of new products before the information is publically available to prevent insider trading. i.e. nerf develops a new toy, which is anticipated to increase sales, and therefore stock. Acting on this information or passing it to others who may act on it is a violation of Seceurities and Exchange laws and regulations, and can lead to serious trouble. (I just learned about Securities fraud in my White Collar Crime class today, Law school is so much fun.)

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#3 semirapid20

semirapid20

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:45 PM

But, there are some new nerf guns coming out in fall 06: The dart tag magstrike autofiring gun and the nstrike longshot loser rifle.

#4 semirapid20

semirapid20

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:47 PM

sorry! i mean loser rifle.

#5 semirapid20

semirapid20

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:54 PM

Dang! this dumb thing keeps distorting my words. I mean s n i p e r rifle.

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:55 PM

It's a filter. Don't even try to say it anymore, it's not worth your time.

Oh, and regardless of how much NH screws with your posts, don't triple post.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 13 February 2006 - 06:55 PM.

#7 techtargetmaster

techtargetmaster

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:08 PM

Do not flame me, this is just a question. Why does a filter make it say loser when you say s n i p e r?

Edited by techtargetmaster, 13 February 2006 - 07:08 PM.

Oh my god, they killed kenny!

QUOTE: ("LDM")
I prefer Nerf guns.

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:20 PM

Because any time that particular adjective/noun has come up in a discussion a horde of idiots decends upon NH and causes mass chaos. Trust me, it has happened. Hence, to aleviate the problem, every time someone tries to use that terrible word, it has been changed to say "loser".

~ompa

#9 techtargetmaster

techtargetmaster

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:33 PM

Thank you ompa.
Oh my god, they killed kenny!

QUOTE: ("LDM")
I prefer Nerf guns.

#10 Starlancer

Starlancer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 01:30 PM

as a faithful employee at Toys R Us, we sometimes get press releases, and if not then, i can harass our Hasbro product rep. if i get any juicy details, i'll let you know.

#11 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:33 PM

as a faithful employee at Toys R Us, we sometimes get press releases, and if not then, i can harass our Hasbro product rep.  if i get any juicy details, i'll let you know.

Thanks for the info; we'll have to keep that in mind. Just do me a favor and follow the Code of Conduct next time.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#12 Paladinking3

Paladinking3

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:54 PM

any time that particular adjective/noun has come up in a discussion a horde of idiots decends upon NH and causes mass chaos. Trust me, it has happened. Hence, to aleviate the problem, every time someone tries to use that terrible word, it has been changed to say "loser".

That is the most brilliant idea ever. period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users