Crossfire Coupler Mod

7 replies to this topic

#1 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:50 PM

Crossfire CPVC coupler mod

The Crossfire out of the box surprised me. This gun was pretty powerful for such a small gun. Some might say it would be compared to the scout, but I must disagree. I must say I've only shot a Scout once or twice when NerfMonkey still had one, the Crossfire still seems more powerful.

Materials for this mod.

At least; 4in. Of CPVC
1 ½'' CPVC coupler
Screwdriver
Hot Glue/Sticks
Hacksaw

Step #1. Open up your gun.

Step 2. Cut your (stock) barrel near the tip of the barrel. Please note: I cut too far away from the tip of the barrel. If you do this mod cut closer to the tip.
Posted Image

Step 3a. Use a dremel to dremel out your retrictor. I used a hammer and I got a big hole in my plunger tube.

Step 3b. Glue your coupler on whats left of the stock barrel. Do not push the coupler all the way down.
Posted Image

Step 4. Shave the case near the top so the coupler could fit in there.

Step 5. Screw the gun back together.
Posted Image

Step 6. Glue your coupler to the sides of the case. I'm not sure but I think this is the only way to make this coupler activity work.
Posted Image

Ranges and accuracy:

This is a fairly simple mod and the fact that I have a hole in my plunger so I can't give exact ranges.

But I tested and got around 55' flat almost consecutively . I'm sure this mod will get better ranges if you don't have a hole in your plunger.

The accuracy on this gun is pretty nice.

Questions/comments?

Edited by Sqiggs89, 31 January 2006 - 05:51 PM.

Been a while.
#bro

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:24 PM

Nice mod , ya I heard the crossfire was powerful in a small package. Ya the hole in the plunger will slightly affct ranges nothing much though.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 SupG

SupG

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:26 PM

Is that a Nerf Crossfire? Can you try to fix the hole with epoxy or hot glue?

Edited by SupG, 31 January 2006 - 06:28 PM.

I heard this kid say nerfing is gay well i say fuck him.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:39 PM

When I compare it to a Scout I'm looking at the tiny plunger tube and Scout or Mav-esque internals with that stupid slide cocking mech. It might be worth buying but I'll stick to an NF since it's $4 cheaper and still outperforms the Crossfire.

Nice mod, nice pictures.
SexD Warves

#5 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:40 PM

Yes it is a NERF Crossfire. I probably could fix the hole, but I'm way to lazy to buy more Hot Glue or Plumbers goop.
Been a while.
#bro

#6 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:06 PM

Wow thats pretty good, I didn't expect much from those. Its nice to know they show some promise, I might need to go look into picking some up. Good mod and nice post.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#7 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

I personally find the Corssfire to be a very well put together little gun. Considering the size of it, the stock performance is almost more than you could expect.

The ergonomics of this guna re also amazing: The double trigger makes it one of my most accurate sidearms, simply because it is very intuitive to aim. If you put your trigger and middle finder on the trigger, it doesn't seem that great, BUT, if you put your middle and ring finger on the trigger, and place your index finger on the side of the casing in-line with the barrel, you can use your hand-eye coordination to litterally 'point-and-shoot'.

I wouldn't say that the Crossfire is my new favorite sidearm (LnL was my first Nerf gun), but it certainly is a gun I will be tinkering with in the coming days.
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#8 ShadowSniper

ShadowSniper

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:10 PM

I got one of these a few days ago and even though it's a little bit weaker than the NF, I like it better. It's easier to store in a pocket as a sidearm and it has a nice feel to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users