Photo

Mmm... Firepower...

7 replies to this topic

#1 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:04 PM

I listed my Pre-1945 collection earlier this month. I told you all that I'd get around to showing you some of my more modern things... so here they are.

Posted Image
This is my FN-FAL in LMG setup. It has an adapter that the Canadians made to convert it into a belt fed machine gun. It still can use magazines, too. It's in .308 NATO and was manufactured in Canada and yes... she's full auto. *grins and holds up Class III license*

Posted Image
Here's my Simonov Carbine (SKS). It was made in Russia in 1966. It was modified by the East Germans to accept AK-47 mags. It's semi auto, but is still fun to shoot. It's chambered for 7.62x39.

I still have more, but they're way back in the gun safe. Hope you enjoyed it.

Edited by Starbuck, 29 January 2006 - 06:07 PM.

Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#2 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:58 PM

Nice. Makes me miss my FAL.

OK.... How the hell did you afford an NFA weapon?

Kick ass though!

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:38 PM

Oh... my father picked it up several years back...

He paid about a fourth of what it's worth today. I'm trying to find an original military bipod for it, but those run $200 which I don't have.

I'm glad you like it.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#4 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:24 PM

Firepower Indeed. I've always had a special place in my soul for all Fabrique-Nationale weaponry, and the FAL is no exception...almost makes me aroused.
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#5 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

I have (from my grandfother for now) the old S&W .357 Magnums from the Korean War. It is not the same version, with it missing the U.S. Navy emblem and the grip is a different pattern of wood with a wood grain finish.

He also has soom gind of old war rifle. I keep meaning to see what it is, and I am not quite sure what it is from just looking at it in his cabinet.

http://www.rt66.com/...rms.htm#weapons

Look under revolvers for the pistol. It is quite accurate and very fun to shoot. I took it deer hunting with me a week into gun season and, after not seeing anything for a whole day, and the others calling it quits, I decided to wage war against those pesky squirls.

There is a dealer close by called Dunlaps Gun and Pawn, that carries other older series rifles. I am currently looking for WWII guns also. The dealer hsa a short supply of Kar98Ks, Mason Nagants, a special on M1Carbines, and I think 2 Colt 1945s left. My counsin has a Carcano M38 which I long for. I hope to aquire it some day from him somehow. When the time is right, I will most likely take my money to get one of the scoped Kar98Ks at the pawn shop.

Other weapons I am looking for to collect include the 1911 which I may get in a smaller caliber.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#6 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:29 PM

I love FN weapons. I'd love to find an FN-BAR. It was the American BAR, but improved. Those things are incredibly rare. Ever seen an FN-Five Seven? Oh gees those things are sweet.

LastMan, you can find Carcanos at a reasonable price at gun shows. They run around here in Tennessee from $50-$150. The ammo is somewhat scare in these parts, but the internet offers lots of ammo sellers.

I'm looking to buy a P-38 Walther here soon. I've found one for $340, so that might be my next pistol.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#7 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:47 PM

Im no gun expert, and Im too young to own one, but once I can I am planning on getting a pistol like the one you have pictured, I believe its a Mauser
(or something)? Revolvers are also pretty cool and I want to get one of those too.

#8 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

Eh, yeah... she's a Mauser. Definitely my favorite handgun ever. You'd better be saving up for a while, because they're really expensive now days and are semi-rare. But, once you get one, it's a beauty. I believe it is one of the only guns to have a massive muzzle flash visible during broad day light. I've read accounts where a "massive fireball" exits the muzzle. Quite neat.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users