Photo

Maveric Problems

1 reply to this topic

#1 Joseph889

Joseph889

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:48 PM

I pre formed the basic barrel mod and guess what? Sometimes it fires great, some times it sucks to no end. Please give me a hand...

late'

#2 nevome

nevome

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:16 PM

The most probable cause is that you have a bad seal on a few of the barrels and not others. Check and see if it's always the same barrels that misfire (write a number on each one or color the ends of the barrels or something).

If the problem is consistant and it is always the same barrels that preform poorly, you need to take the whole thing apart and reglue the seals, this time making extra sure there is enough glue to ensure an airtight seal, the mav needs all the airtightness it can get afterall.

If the problem varies from one barrel to another, check to see if the stefans you're firing are consistant. I've had some stefans that were crushed not fit as tight or too tight in my barrels and cause firing differences. If it isn't your stefans and the problem isnt unique to indiviual barrels, chances are you're suffering from design flaws in the Mav itself, either the lack of proper seal from the plunger to the barrels or under/over rotation of the barrel casing prior to the plunger being released.

I'm a big fan of the Maverick myself and am working [along with others] to find mods that resolve its issues, but thats just the gun.

Hope that helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users