Rf 20 Mod Problems

just finished a mod, but now I have prob

5 replies to this topic

#1 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:31 PM

I just finished removing the air restrictors from my RF 20's turret and putting it back togethor. Now I realize that the range has not really increased, and may have even decreased substantially. Is the RF20's range always small, no matter what you do, or did I do something wrong? My RF20's range before the mod was 15' on the best shots, and 20' on incredible shots. What's wrong? Also, kind of unrelated, I have a new idea for homemade darts. I apologize if people have made similar darts already. Using the 20 air restrictors that fall out when the turret is dissasembled, you could make stefans. You would do this by simply drilling a hole in the back of a rounded foam cylinder and sticking the peg, lathered in glue, up the hole. Thanks!
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:25 PM

Your Rf 20 got only 15' before the moD! Mine stock got like 30-40'. I think you may have modded it correctly and just have a leak or a messed up gun.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:03 PM

Funny how people get these better ranges without air restrictors. First I had drilled out the one in my Scout the ranges:

Out-of-the-box: About 20' or 22' (measuring with tiles on my floor, each a square foot)
Air restrictor removed: Didn't change, 21' 22'

Then, my Nite Finder:

Out-of-the-box: 27' roughly (at least it beats the Scout)
Air restrictors removed: 22'

Switch Shots Super:

Air restrictor in place: About 30'
Air restrictor removed: 33'

The ranges all stay around the same.

NOTE: In these testings I used stock micros, not stefans. The Switch Shots used stock megas.

I geuss air restrictor removal doesn't really affect range with stock darts? The RF20, though is strange in terms of its contraption and such. I had one, but then as me and my friend were using it, the barrel stopped rotating for some reason. It seems to me that these guns break down a lot? I'm gonna get a PC from a neighbor that I never knew had and try that out later on. I get that it has some great advantages over the RF20.

Edited by SG Pilot, 28 January 2006 - 12:04 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, you'll have to use Stefans to get any noticable changes in range with just a restrictor mod on most guns. In some (apparently the Scout), it will actually reduce range with stock darts. Use Stefans.

As for your RF20 problem: it's not really a long-range gun no matter what you do to it; most people can reach about 55-60' tops. If you're using Stefans you should see a definite increase in range, with stock darts mine wouldn't even fire them after a restrictor removal. Also, make sure you're not getting rid of the whole black pieces in the turret. Only get rid of the poles to fire Stefans. With stock darts your gun will suck.
SexD Warves

#5 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:22 PM

Okay, that's good, thanks.

My question though: Are RF20s known for breaking at all or stop working? That happened to mine :unsure:

Edited by SG Pilot, 28 January 2006 - 12:22 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:22 PM

I don't think so,I've had 3 rf20s for about 3 months now.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users