Nerf On Frappr

Put yourself on da Map!

77 replies to this topic

#51 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:15 PM

I'm not sure exactly where -- I just get on the plane -- but do know that where ever it is, it's about 15 minutes away from Downtown Ann Arbor.

I guess I would have to submit a query about putting nerf guns on a plane. My guess is that as long as they get checked (not carry-on), it's fine. You can put most anything but a bomb on a plane if it gets checked.

I don't really think I could get anybody else to come, though, just 'cause plane tickets cost money and all.... I bet my dad would play if we got him a gun. ^_^ On second thought, nevermind.

How did the donut hole firing go?
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#52 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:34 AM

Man, soo many people who Nerf live near that side of the state...

The donut hole never made contact; however, it did contact a tree a few hundred yards after it flew over his head. I purposefully made sure it would never contact him. I have tendancies to do that. Anyway, yeah, homemades are legal on my field (only thing I own), so anything is welcome.

Well, the muddy season is over, so that place is shaping back up a bit. I have other places at my disposal as well. For instance, there is my Shop, which consists of about 40 busses, fluctuates daily in the summer, that we could use. It is all cement parking ot, with a nice vantage point that is over 40 feet above the ground. Barbed wire tipped fence really adds to it as well...prison break anyone?

I currently build almost everything there. I also have been employed for the summer to remove any and all birds which are legal game. They have a problem with that, you see. There are at least 400 birds, no kidding, which shit on the busses and lay nests under the walkway ceilings. I'll take some pictures when I have the chance. Oh yeah, the longest possible shot there is roughly 250 yards, unless we expand to the grasslands around it, then it jumps to about 900yds...
Yeah. I'm being completely serious, too. As long as there are no more than four to six people, they won't mind too much, especially since I am friends with everyone that works for reasons to long to list.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#53 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:42 AM

Okay, okay, you have me convinced...
*drools...*

Yea... if the playing field is going to be that big, I have to work on my ranges a little -- currently only have modded stocks. I'm sure once I can find the right size CPVC, though...

I'm sure it won't be that much of a problem, though. My dad is really big on me "enjoying my time with him" and "doing what I would normally do --" so as long as I normally nerf and I have fun doing it, I'm sure he wouldn't mind flying me there and then picking me up and driving me back to his house after a weekend of fun.... Also, I'm just skilled at convincing him (after all, I have years of experience!).

Anyways, uhm... yea. I would love to nerf in any and all of the above. Just PM me if you ever decide to plan something. Keep in mind it'd have to be at least a month in advance, so I could get the plane tickets cheap and all.

...was the tree okay?
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#54 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:26 PM

First off, the tree. It unfortunatly suffered a broken branch and a dunot splat. Surgery was unsuccessful and the branch had to be amputated.

Those are the two fields which can house us. I will double check on the second, but they didn't mind last time...

I have to plan it at least a month in advance so that there will be minimum interference with my schedule.

I'm hoping to get pictures up on Wednesday of that 900 yarder, because that is when I have to see my dad...what a coincidence...
It might even be a longer distance, because I remember ridign a dirtbike back there a long-ass ways. In order to fully reach that distance, there would be no asphalt under your feet. Otherwise, most of the stuff within the fences is paved. The fences are 10' tall with barbed wire on the top. I am not shitting you, there is 3 or 4 strands. Every roof can be gotten upon with either a ladder built into the building or with an extension ladder, which there are enough of. There are plenty of tools on site to do ANY repair, including make a homemade on the spot. Inside one of the garages (which have 15' tall doors), there is a massive two-stage compressor which has an output of 130 psi, so if you want to make something which mounts to it, it could be stuck on the roof. There are cameras on the roof as well, but I don't think they work. I've never seen the footage, nor the screens. I might be able to fix that...

There is enough room to use an open-top vehicle in conjunction with our activities, and I might modify a Jeep Cherokee for that purpose by removing the doors. There is a scrap pile which consists of concrete and many organic wastes (trees, etc.) that provides good cover out of the fenced zone, but the grasses are over knee high in many places. Good luck finding darts.

We might have access to a rather large van with only a driver and passenger seat. This is one of those old Ford E-350s which can fit a five-octave xylephone and bass drum in.

The whole facility lies on what I believed was the area of 6 acres; I'll double check this Wednesday. I may also be able to find a satellite image of the whole place. That would be PMed to you.

Okay, I might try and plan something. I'll talk to them on Wednesday and double check everything, then try for something in the summer, probably late June if we can. Okay, this is officially a hijack...

Edit: there's two miles distance between that place and my backyard. We could drive there later, since that place is wicked-awesome at night with glow-in-the-dark darts.

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 25 March 2006 - 02:28 PM.

#55 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:05 PM

Wow. A broken branch from a donuthole. My condolences.

Like I said, you have me convinced! Stop making me so jealous! :)

Remember, I can't bring much because I'd be taking the plane there, but I sure would be happy to bring some tools and help you with any and all last-minute work that needs to be done. I'll end up bringing tools for my guns, anyways.

You know, if you have a two-seater van with enough room in the back for a xylaphone, I'm sure it would be pretty easy to bolt a turret to the floor. ;o)

Can't wait to see the Cherokee. I love having my driver's liscense...

Flat roofs? Shingles?

I'm not sure what we'd use cameras for. Of course, you could sit a lazy bum by the monitors and then know where people where, which can be useful. But if you want to contribute, you would have to get a not-lazy bum and walk around and pull the trigger.
I suppose with walkie talkies...

Otherwise, I can't wait. Need anything or any help, just ask. I think perhaps we may want to switch to PM's, though... for the sake that this is a thread for Frappr, not war plans. :P
V

#56 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:10 PM

I might not be able to do that to a Jeep now. Damn. That would be cool, too. Unless, my dad wants to sacrifice his instead of his girlfriend's....he won't do it. Damn.

Well, it's almost official. Expect a topic maybe tomorrow, otherwise Wednesday night. I might call me Paww up tomorrow and reschedule next Wednesday for tomorrow, then finish a homemade (buying components for another, too), take some pics of the place, go home, and post the topic I've already written up. I've decided to drop my house as part of the tour because I don't have the facilites beyond the field to hold more than six people.

I saw that Duce lives in Ann Arbor. Perhaps he could car pool if he needs a ride and says he can come?

The only tool you'd need for your guns that I wouldn't have would be something that was hand made by you. Seriously, I have over $10,000 in tools at my disposal. Most are for automotive work, but they will work for Nerf nicely.

The big building has a flat roof (tarred?) and the outcroppings have a slight angle. They are really slippery apparently, too, so that may be a bad idea for the mini-covers. The big building is fine though, just like walking on a parking lot with winds moving twice as fast. I enjoyed it...

If I need any help (I doubt it, everything is already there), then I'll tell you. Remember, the only thing for sure right now is the facilities. The van is a maybe. If more people come and they bring something, well, speed limit's 20 mph for safety concerns. I'll try for the van for a hostage rescue thingy.

All I have to do is wait another 5 months then take a test. Then I'll have my license. I can still drive on those grounds only, and off-road in the back...

There, last post related to this war/outing. If you have something to say, write it up in Word or WordPad and post it in the new, dedicated topic tomorrow or Wednesday. No more posting about this here, like FH said.

#57 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:16 AM

richomundo is nerf love.

#58 Master Yogurt

Master Yogurt

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:38 AM

I put myself on, but it's pretty lonely on Southwestern Pennsylvania. I've got a couple friends who play but I'm the only one really into it.
Come to PANO!

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back. The Trooper

#59 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:15 PM

Wow, I can't believe that I didn't post here. I did join. Look for me and my bud in southern New Mexico.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#60 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:10 AM

Wow, I can't believe that I didn't post here. I did join. Look for me and my bud in southern New Mexico.

If you live in New Mexico, why are you posting in the Florida war thread?

#61 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:59 AM

Becasue I have the ability to fly/drive.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#62 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:00 PM

Wow I just now saw this! I look weird in my pic on there.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#63 nerfboy 32

nerfboy 32

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:18 AM

I joined as Agent A. Who is John in Pittsburgh? Just wondering.

Edited by nerfboy_32, 09 May 2007 - 06:20 AM.

~monkey with a gun~

For Sale: One parachute, used once, never opened, small stain.
()_()
( '_' )
( ^^ )
. ()() This joke has been brought to you by funny bunny

#64 Camo Sniper 13

Camo Sniper 13

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:26 PM

What the fuck ever happened to that?

Well it is a good idea better than yours! :)

#65 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:43 AM

Joined. Nerfer75, New York.
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#66 Flapper12

Flapper12

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

Joined, there isn't many people in TX. Oh well I'll just nerf with my friends rather than go to a big war, being 13 and everything.
Has anyone ever told you that your a dumb shit?-King Of Butt Land

Don't be sorry. Being sorry means you were wrong or you're trying to get fucked. Were you wrong? No. So why do you want to fuck Ted? I've met him; you're making a mistake.-VACC

#67 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:25 AM

Joined, as blister. In Bay Area.
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#68 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:43 PM

You're in the bay area? I can't see you on the map. I'm Berkeley, the one with the pic of power puff girls, it was the best pic I had on my comp!
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#69 Shralla

Shralla

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

Ha. I just realized that the original post mentions Brikwars. Brikwars is awesome.

#70 bjack

bjack

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:40 PM

I just joined as BJack if anyone's near me pm me.

#71 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

Joined as Salmon in Austin TX
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#72 Griff360

Griff360

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

Just joined as Griff360, only one in Kansas.

#73 HugoChillingsworth

HugoChillingsworth

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:08 PM

Good idea, I joined a little while ago.
Want to know how to freak out your doctor?: Memorize the eye exam chart.

#74 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=12520

The map discussed in This thread is better, and will be improving significantly in the next couple of months. Frappr tends to loose your location info and isn't linked to the nerf community in any meaningful way.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#75 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:22 AM

Just joined. Great idea, will definitly help with wars.
I'm listed as Najmodder0424 in MA.

Edited by najmodder0424, 28 November 2008 - 12:24 AM.

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

Rabbit + Hunting Bullet from a hunting rifle = exploded rabbit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users