Maverick Mod Problems

I don't know what happened...

2 replies to this topic

#1 Valar

Valar

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:33 PM

Yesterday afternoon I attempted to mod my maverick, pretty basic mod, I just wanted to take out the air restrictors. So, after I opened the gun up and took out the turret, I disassembeled the turret (which was much harder to open up than anything on the internet made it out to be, the orange plastic would not come off the metal rod for a LONG time). After I finally got it open, I took out the springs and additional plastic rods. I gutted the inside of the orange rings and glued them onto the turret. When I put the gun back together, each barrell fired a different distance, a few fired with more power, but one fired with significantly less. So, I decided to try to fix this.

After taking the gun apart again today, I made sure all the orange rings were gutted equally, and they were. I looked for a place for the least powerful barrell to be leaking air, but couldn't find any. I applied a little glue to where a few possible places where air could be leaking. When I got the gun back together, 3 barrells were firing with less power, and 3 with above average power. I have NO IDEA what could be causing this. Any thoughts on what the problem could be? I'm pretty new to modding, but I don't think I did anything that major to screw it up. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide. I think this gun may be destined to the scrap heap.

#2 SpectreX

SpectreX

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:21 AM

Well, first off the maverick doesn't have the greatest air seal to begin with. I'm a fan of how the Firefly uses the extra spring piece to make a better seal with the barrel, and if it could be done to a mav that would make a large improvement. However for your immediate problem I think the issue is just that you've taken so much out there isn't anything to guide the air correctly anymore. By gutting the barrels like you described there is more open space for the air pressure to get lost in, and also nothing to direct the air flow. I solved this by just cutting off the plastic rods and leaving it at that, just that alone lets it fire stephans and shows a nice power improvement overall with stock darts. Since you've already removed more than that I'd suggest taking a look at this mod and trying to do something like that. That mod uses straws and the insulating foam to make a better directed air flow.

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:14 AM

This might fix your problem

Your turret might be too far from the plungershaft at times.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 26 January 2006 - 02:15 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users